Special Affects not showing as Projectiles/Spawned affects/or in triggers?

GardenofWar

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I did a search for this so I hope I didn't miss anything. I am curious if anyone has had this problem before and if it can be fixed or what is causing it? I use to have special affects and spawned affects on my map, some proc'ed from triggers while others were being used as projectile art. Now, nothing shows up. I've had to change many of them to ability or missile art, no special or spawned affects will show. Thanks to anyone who takes some time to help me..

thorhunter

Reaction score
If you destroy special effect right after creating it, some of the models will simply not show. The other case may be you create it on dummy unit which has very low scaling value, specials won't be noticeable either. Best way to test special effect is create it on point and wait few seconds before destroying it to disqualify forementioned cases.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Neither of those are the issues although I appreciate your response. In the first case, I do have several wait times for destroying special effects created via triggers, yet no graphical yield. In the second case, I've got units that are in the game, with normal and even exaggerated scaling values, plus the special effects and spawned effects use to show in the past, yet I've changed nothing for them now. For whatever reason special effects are just not showing for me and yet they use to.

thorhunter

Reaction score
If you're using custom models it's probable that they don't have attachment points you're using for special effects. You can also check your wc3 graphic options, on lowest settings some effects aren't shown.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
While I appreciate it, that's not the issue. I have attachment points when and where needed as well as everything running on full. Also don't forget that these use to show at one point with no hick ups. I'm not quite sure what the issue is and would still be grateful to anyone who might have some other suggestions.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
You can also check your wc3 graphic options, on lowest settings some effects aren't shown.
Tried the above yet?

Most of the possible reasons have been given.
In Gameplay Constant, check if you've set the decay time for Special Effects to minimal. If so, try using 5 seconds.
And, try create a new map and copy the same trigger with the same effect. See if it works. If it really works, then you know what had happened.

GardenofWar

Reaction score
Thanks, I've tried all that, and just checked the death time for special effects, it's still at 5 seconds and I've never altered it, thanks though. I have a feeling this is just being buggy on me. Like I've said before, it was working, I've really changed nothing that should affect it. It's got attitude with me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.