Spell Book Help

stavious

Reaction score
I've started exploring spell books a bit and I got these questions that need answering so far:
1. How do you teach a spell into a spell book when a hero reaches a certain level? I know this is common but I can't find out exactly how it is done.
2. How can you level a spell inside a spell book? For example if I have Shadow Strike lvl.1 learnt when a hero reaches level 4 how can I make it so that he can upgrade it to Shadow Strike lvl.2 when he is at level 10?
Thanx for helping out :) .

stavious

Reaction score
Unfortunatly it doesn't :( . I already read it couple of times and didn't find the answers there (it a bit basic :eek: ).
Also I'd like to know: is it possible to let the players decide what spell they would like to learn and then add it to the spellbook?
Can someone help me on this? :D

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
w/ levelling up the spellbook, u can just have different abilities for each level of a specific ability, and every time the spellbook levels up, it gets the new, better ability, and have the hero get the new abilities as a spell on a higher level of the ability also.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Adding an extra level to a spell is a simple "Unit - Increase level of ability".
Or "Unit - Set level of ability to (Level of ability + 1)".

You can also add spells dynamically:

Make a second spell book, with just that one spell you want to add.
Give it to the Hero.
Use "Player - Disable ability" to disable the second spell book (can be done once at map init for all players).

Make sure both books have the same "Data - Order ID".

Anything.

Reaction score
Better way to add spells to spellbook:

Put all spells in one spellbook, and disable them. When you reach a certain level, enable that spell. Saves room so you don't have to make multiple books.

Off-topic
How come you're never on B.net, stavious? Heh.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.