SPELL CONTEST | theme: Hell | 29.06.08 - 13.07.08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Ok heres my spell. Its called Rain of Fire :D:D:D:D
I just couldnt think anything clever and original, so I remade Rain of Fire.(489 lines of code. Recycles all dummy units. Stacking burn thingie. )

There was some nasty DoubleFree -error and Im not sure if i fixxed it, so I might have to update this map before this contest ends (I just learned how to make custom skins, so I dont really feel like coding :D skinning is way more fun).
Tooltips and stuff like that are also incomplete so I have to make them too.
I just uploaded this now, so you can give me comments about spell or something.

Here is teh map: View attachment 24081

Reaction score
I gave up with my spell, because I couldn't fix a rotation method SerraAvenger has written. Link.

I was supposed to make it work without returning the zenith values. Don't know, it's just some lame WC3 bug.

It would have worked fine, if I had just rotated a point around a point, but I have to rotate a shape (created of many points) around a point. Such a mess if I have to store zenith for every point.. hopeless. (impossible)

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
It would have worked fine, if I had just rotated a point around a point, but I have to rotate a shape (created of many points) around a point. Such a mess if I have to store zenith for every point.. hopeless. (impossible)

Dude..

Get the X,Y of your center
Store the X,Y and distance to center for every particle of your shape in a struct per particle.

Every rotate interval, find the angle from the center to every particle (you have both center and particle X/Y) and project the particle to that angle + some degrees.
Store the new X/Y for every particle while doing so.

(If your center is moving, add the movement X/Y to all your particles before doing the calculations and projection.)

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Damn it. In a rush. This is all I can come out with. Too much eyecandy. But what the heck. Name: Redmoon Hell Pillar (whatever, lol). Everything are still in a mess as I'm really in a hurry for something. Hope it's ok. Thanks. Good luck to everyone.

Anyway, the detection bugs.... I really don't know why. I've checked, the conditions are right but not sure why allies become target... =.=.

Attachments

• Hell.w3x
    31.8 KB · Views: 244

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Two days to the end of this competition!

Lets get cracking!

Actually, it's now two (today and 12 hours from tomorrow) days to the end of this competition!

I will close this thread after 12 hours have been passed from the beginning of the day of 13th...

All edits are still allowed!

Screenshots welcomed!

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Ouch. 10 days of grounding.
Anyways here's my spell:

//=====================================================================//

Mark of Hell

GUI/JASS: GUI
MUI/MPI: Tried but no.
Lagless: Yes
Leakless: Think so
Description: Summons 6 fireballs to spin around you, dealing damage to units that come in contact with them. After channeling, the fireballs explode, creating a mark, the same mark Xaphros used to destroy the Outland. All enemy units inside the mark will be prevented from casting spells and will have 35% reduced damage while dealing damage per second. Every second of channeling increases the maximum Area of Effect by 100.
The mark lasts for just 5 seconds.

Channeling

Level 1 - 15 damage in contact, 3 damage per second burn and upto 4 seconds of channeling.
Level 2 - 30 damage in contact, 6 damage per second burn and upto 5 seconds of channeling.
Level 3 - 45 damage in contact, 9 damage per second burn and upto 6 seconds of channeling.

Screenie!!:
SpellSubmission-Xenim666-1.jpg

Used Tinki3's Barren Spell Map Template. (Can I use it? If no, then i'll have to edit.)

Map:

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Dude, that's so much like mine without the after effects :p
Actually maybe not. I don't know xD

Reaction score
Okay, count me in. I even made a spell already.
Replaced Blood Mage's Siphon Mana with a new ability, Doom Pact.
MUI, balanced for a melee map, so I implented it into a melee map.

Doom Pact

Marks a unit as a gateway to hell. The unit will suffer from the demonic powers but also gain benefit from the death of others.
Decreases armor and deals damage over time to the target but also replenishes mana and increases attack speed from every unit dying nearby.
Lasts 12 seconds, maximum of 5 death benefits.

Level 1 - 7 damage per second, reduces armor by 2. Dying units grant 20 mana and 5% more attack speed.
Level 2 - 14 damage per second, reduces armor by 3. Dying units grant 40 mana and 10% more attack speed.
Level 3 - 21 damage per second, reduces armor by 4. Dying units grant 60 mana and 15% more attack speed.

It's a double edged sword, don't you think? Can be cast on allies and enemies alike. The 40 second cooldown forces you to consider when to use Doom Pact.

Against an enemy:
Use it to increase damage dealt on enemies you're focusing against or to finish escaping enemies with low amounts of hit points. It can turn against you if an enemy hero it was used against gains mana and attack speed from dying units, possibly dealing more damage with them than it took from Doom Pact. Can be countered with healing potions and drawing the units it is used against away from battle.

On allies:
It is best to be used on allied heroes when you think units are going to die inside the duration of the spell. This will work best with strenght heroes with low amounts of mana, try it with a Mountain King with Thunder Clap and Bash, or a Paladin with Healing Light and Divine Shield, using Divine Shield after you cast Doom Pact on the Paladin can be very effective (cannot be used on magic immune units, so use Doom Pact before Divine Shield).

A Blood Mage with Banish and Doom pact works well as a hero killer, especially when used with spells like Storm Bolt.
It works wonders when used with Flame Strike, giving allied units that have Doom Pact even more mana and Attack Speed.

Attachments

• Doom Pact 1.00.w3x
    112.5 KB · Views: 226

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
pentagram??
i like the 6 point star better. its my favorite symbol
and besides, it will look like one of the circle. (tried it, worked with 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 sided polygons)

EDIT:
edited may map. removed the locals in GUI. also added a cooldown and mana cost (somehow, i forgot it when i submitted my map.)

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
pentagram??
i like the 6 point star better. its my favorite symbol
and besides, it will look like one of the circle. (tried it, worked with 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 sided polygons)

EDIT:
edited may map. removed the locals in GUI. also added a cooldown and mana cost (somehow, i forgot it when i submitted my map.)

Well the 6 point star is not related to evil, even if you like it :p. That's the point.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Love the spell, Geelottaja, I could really see that being used in a Ladder game!

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Almost twelve hours to go!

Just a side note, instead of uploading a new attachment, edit the map you loaded first.

I don't want to go searching for the "newest" version of the spell. :p

And a personal note, I really liked the way this contest turned out! Lots of submissions, feedback and clean fun, fun, fun!

Good luck, contestants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.