SPELL CONTEST | theme: Hell | 29.06.08 - 13.07.08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Sign me up, but once you signed up, do you HAVE to complete it? Cause I'm not sure if I am able to do that. But I'll try my best.

(MUI/MPI gives extra point?)

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
goddamnit, Andrew why only 2 weeks? I'm gonna be gone for three, and I have waited for this for eterneties! Why..?

M

MaEt-ReLLiK

Sign me up, but once you signed up, do you HAVE to complete it? Cause I'm not sure if I am able to do that. But I'll try my best.

(MUI/MPI gives extra point?)

Same question as Draphoelix, but sign me up for now.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Finally a new spell contest and this time I can participate :D

Got a few questions though
- no custom models allowed
- no custom icons allowed
- attaching systems are allowed
- don't be afraid to ask if anything is left unclear

Are any other systems allowed (say, if you needed a knockback effect) and if not, what if they were self-made?

And I assume all attaching systems are allowed?

goddamnit, Andrew why only 2 weeks? I'm gonna be gone for three, and I have waited for this for eterneties! Why..?
That'll teach you to go away from 3 weeks :p To be honest, you could make a spell in a day if you had an idea

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Some questions more

1.MUI/MPI gives more points?
2.Fire spells counts as Hell? I mean for example Infernal, Rain of Fire, Firebolt would that count as Hell?
3.Uh what is attachment system?
4.When you mean by balance for melee map like how? What if I make a ulti spell and it have to be a bit "more" powerful than the regular storm bolt etc, does it count as "overpowered"? Do I have to set it's lvl requirement to 6 so you'll know that's an ulti?
5.Also do I have to make cooldown so it'll be a bit more balanced? But then you can't test it much.
6.Description gives point? Of the spell.
7.Can you edit the map? For example I post the map here but later I found a leak and I want to repost the map.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Uh what is attachment system?

It's for passing data in JASS between triggers/timers/various other things.

As regards the balance, I would guess that the damage/heal/whatever shouldn't be much more than that of a normal WC3 spell that acts in a similar way (e.g. channelled damage spell shouldn't be much stronger than something like Drain Life, or something like that), but I guess that up's to Andrew and Mizuio to decide :p

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Sign me up. :)

This is just for ONE spell, right?

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Question:

we'll make only one spell right??? not one hero??

if we'll make only one spell, then sign me up!!

ill try to improve my spell making skills

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sign me up!

I have not had much to do recently and I could do with some practise spell making (haven't made one for a while, hopefully I can still make good ones... :p)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
My first spell contest ey :)
Sign me in, I need to test my skills.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
If I make somekind of summoning spell, can I creater abilities for those summoned units too? Are they considered as a part of summoning spell? ( I can guess they are not, but it does not hurt to ask right? )

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.