SPELL CONTEST | theme: Hell | 29.06.08 - 13.07.08

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Count me in!
But... I know it says no imports, but can I use my custom model just for the lulz. It's not like it changes anything and won't get extra points. I just don't want to lose points. xD

jnZ

I
Reaction score
Count me in!
But... I know it says no imports, but can I use my custom model just for the lulz. It's not like it changes anything and won't get extra points. I just don't want to lose points. xD

- no custom models allowed is pretty clear isnt it?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Sign me up, but once you signed up, do you HAVE to complete it? Cause I'm not sure if I am able to do that.

It would be nice if you completed it.

Though, no harm done if you don't.

goddamnit, Andrew why only 2 weeks?

I guess I am evil.

Afraid me now.

Are any other systems allowed (say, if you needed a knockback effect) and if not, what if they were self-made?

No they are not, as this is a test of your own skills.

You'd have to trigger your own knockback (e.g)

1.MUI/MPI gives more points?
2.Fire spells counts as Hell? I mean for example Infernal, Rain of Fire, Firebolt would that count as Hell?
3.Uh what is attachment system?
4.When you mean by balance for melee map like how? What if I make a ulti spell and it have to be a bit "more" powerful than the regular storm bolt etc, does it count as "overpowered"? Do I have to set it's lvl requirement to 6 so you'll know that's an ulti?
5.Also do I have to make cooldown so it'll be a bit more balanced? But then you can't test it much.
6.Description gives point? Of the spell.
7.Can you edit the map? For example I post the map here but later I found a leak and I want to repost the map.

1. MUI/MPI does give extra points, because if the spell does not work properly, points are deducted (see "coding abnormalities).

2. Fire spells do count as Hell spells as fire is often associated with Hell.

Though, to correctly pull it off, you'd have convince it being a Hell spell with a nice tooltip.

3. If you are doing JASS, then you know. :)

4. New rule added. Check it.

5. Yes, the whole lot. You can add cooldown reseters for testing.

6. New rule added. Check it.

7. You can edit your map before the deadline.

After the deadline passes, I will lock the thread and re-open it later, when the grading has been done.

As regards the balance, I would guess that the damage/heal/whatever shouldn't be much more than that of a normal WC3 spell that acts in a similar way (e.g. channelled damage spell shouldn't be much stronger than something like Drain Life, or something like that)

Yes, it should feel like a melee spell, not too over- or underpowered.

This is just for ONE spell, right?

Yes, just a single spell.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
New rules added:

General feeling – 5 points

Does your spell have a nice polished tooltip, the spell fits the hero well and all these sorts of little things.

Question: Does the spell have to be an ultimate spell or a 'normal' spell?

Answer: The spell has to a be a 'normal' spell. This eliminates too "imba" spells titled as "it's just an ultimate".

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
>But... I know it says no imports, but can I use my custom model just for the lulz.
I don't think anyone cares for the "lulz"..

>Yes, just a single spell.
Well, in that case.. I guess I'm done. :)

Here's my spell, called Soul Sunder:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wondering... Are we allowed to use Tinki3's spell test map to let people test the spell on?

I just need to know before I start.

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Is something anti-Hell allowed? Maybe something like a demon catcher or demon slayer?

The spell has to relate to Hell, and though anti-hell has the word 'hell' it, post additional details what you have in mind and I'll approve or not.

Ah screw it
I made an ultimate before you changed the rules...

Sorry, but that makes it more uniform and smoothens the conditions for participants: all should be treated equal.

Grading a kick ass ultimate and a 'normal' spell are two different stories.

There's enough time and you can start over or, you can "nerf" your spell.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Just wondering... Are we allowed to use Tinki3's spell test map to let people test the spell on?

I just need to know before I start.

Yes, spell test map templates are allowed.

vespt

Reaction score
Damn no ultimates oO
The spell seems too big to be a normal spell :S
The problem is not the damage/imbaness/etc....
It's just too long for a common spell of a meele map :S
Should I do another or just post this and get less 15 poins because it doesnt fit oO ?!

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
No ulti? Hm guess I'm not so far from done after all then since normal abilities shoudn't be so long channeling or..?

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Mines a channeling spell. But only last's 15 seconds, I hope that's not 'imba'.

P.S. How many levels? 3 I'm guessing!

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
It doesn't have to be imba just because it channes for 15 seconds, it depends on what it does in the meantime. And yes I would guess it's 3 levels since it should be balanced with the original wc3 spells.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Crap.. No ulti, ah well now I have to remove some nice effects =(.

MUI extra points hmm.. Ah well it's just a normal exp, no need too much work, I'll re-do it so it'll be MUI.

And by the way, Kazuga mentioned it. Does it need 3 levels? If it doesn't, does it give more points?

vespt

Reaction score
Is there any probl if person from the forum help to remove leaks?!
Should i refer them to the spell ?!

Thx

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Is there any probl if person from the forum help to remove leaks?!
Should i refer them to the spell ?!

Thx

If they do the leak removal for you, then I would assume there is a problem with that since then it wouldn't be an individual effort. Not sure what the situation would be regarding pointing out the leaks and letting you fix it yourself though :)

Andrewgosu

Reaction score
Normal spell means it has 3 levels. It has to be levelable.

Though, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't work for x levels, if it works for one.

A spell is not considered ultimate just because lot of special effects, an ultimate spell may have none.

The amount of special effects is up to you, how tasteful you can be.

A normal spell can channel for 15 seconds, there's nothing wrong with it.

If someone guided you how to remove leaks, then there's nothing wrong with it and not credits needed.

Although, if the person actually edited your spell and removed them by himself, now then we a have problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.