Spell Error?

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Alright, I made this spell, and it actually froze wc3, idk why, but it did,
Can someone look this over and tell me why?
Trigger:
  • Siphon Life
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (==) Siphon Life
    • Actions
      • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • CustomValue Greater than or equal to (>=) 1000
        • Then - Actions
          • Set CustomValue = 1
        • Else - Actions
          • Set CustomValue = (CustomValue + 1)
      • Set caster[CustomValue] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set targetunit[CustomValue] = (Target unit of ability being cast)
      • Set damage[CustomValue] = (Level of Siphon Life for caster[CustomValue])
      • Set manastolen[CustomValue] = (manastolen[CustomValue] x (Level of Siphon Life for caster[CustomValue]))
      • Unit - Cause caster[CustomValue] to damage targetunit[CustomValue], dealing (Real(damage[CustomValue])) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Unit - Set mana of targetunit[CustomValue] to ((Mana of targetunit[CustomValue]) - (Real(manastolen[CustomValue])))
      • Unit - Set life of caster[CustomValue] to ((Life of caster[CustomValue]) + (Real(damage[CustomValue])))
      • Unit - Set mana of caster[CustomValue] to ((Mana of caster[CustomValue]) + (Real(manastolen[CustomValue])))
      • Set caster[CustomValue] = No unit
      • Set targetunit[CustomValue] = No unit
      • Set targetunit[CustomValue] = No unit

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
shouldnt freeze because of this trigger. (though the trigger looks kinda funky)
most probably some other trigger which is running an infinite loop. thats the most frequent reason for a crash.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
No, It is just this spell, the whole thing froze and then I had to force close wc3, and im storing everything in an array, because that makes it MUI, or so ive read

Aedes

Reaction score
the value of CustomValue might be the reason, because its varying (or doing loops). try assigning a different integer variable. .. actually, its much ok if your variables are not array. just try changing it first no non-array.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
No, It is just this spell, the whole thing froze and then I had to force close wc3, and im storing everything in an array, because that makes it MUI, or so ive read

instant spells are always MUI, to make them not MUI nor MPI you would have to try very hard.
and nothing in this trigger could make the game crash. there just aint anything which could do this. you are just setting values here, no loops, no iterations.

the only thing i could imagine is that your spell you are casting might have gotten so badly set values that the game crashes when you use it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.