Spell help - "Blade Flurry"

Spray-

Reaction score
Hi! Im looking for a spell that (in theory) increases the user's attack speed, and creates some sort of shadow-like "afterimage", the kind you see in some Charge spells people have made.
But in this case it would be some quick empowerment to just massivly increase attack speed but not having this shadow-afterimage thing would make it look pretty lame and flat.

The base spell would be Frenzy, but i've no clue on the afterimage effect.
Example on the afterimage effect: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource_images/2/spells_1985_screenshot.jpg

Mallen

Reaction score
so when you use the ability, the hero will get like images after him like in the picture when he moves to make it look as if hes really fast?

the ability should increase movement too :)

Mallen

Reaction score
i thin k you can do it by using triggers that spawns units after him that disapears after like o.1 to 0.5 secs(depending on movement speed). im not sure if this works though :/ if it does, create a new custom unit that has the same model as your hero and change the color to like Red:50 Green:50 and Blue:50

Karst

Reaction score
i thin k you can do it by using triggers that spawns units after him that disapears after like o.5 or 1 sec. im not sure if this works though :/ if it does, create a new custom unit that has the same model as your hero and change the color to like Red:50 Green:50 and Blue:50

Lowering the tinting value won't make it transparent. It needs to have Ghost (Visible), and Locust of course.

Spray-

Reaction score
Thanks, ill try it.

Edit: Wait! If i just put clones behind him, they will all just stand there lookin' dumb, they have to attack the same target etc aswell to make it look decent i believe.

Dont know how to do that :D Open for suggestions.

Mallen

Reaction score
Thanks, ill try it.

Edit: Wait! If i just put clones behind him, they will all just stand there lookin' dumb, they have to attack the same target etc aswell to make it look decent i believe.

actually i dont think you have too. the units dissappears almost directly after they are summoned and when you attack a target you stand still so no units will be summoned behind the unit. since the units dissappear so quickly i dont think you will notice :)

Karst

Reaction score
Thanks, ill try it.

Give them the combat stats you want and trigger the order to attack the target.

Spray-

Reaction score
Ok what happend is he goes superfast, and suddenly alot of copies of him spawn next to him and die :p doing nothing really, looks quite silly. I put the copies on 1 health and -1 health reg, didnt turn off colission so ill try that. Brb :)

Spray-

Reaction score
Right.. "Copies" have Locust, Ghost (Visible) but still look pretty solid. 0 Collision, still end up Next to the hero rather than ON him. So i tried this:
Trigger 1.

Events
Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Blade Flurry (Buccaneer)
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Blade Flurry for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Position of (Casting unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Turn collision for (Last created unit) Off
Unit - Make (Last created unit) face (Facing of Buccaneer 0065 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
Animation - Play (Last created unit)'s attack - 1 animation
Wait 0.50 seconds
(and repeat the Action obviously)

Trigger 2.
Events
Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Blade Flurry
Actions
Wait 1.00 seconds
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

They dissapear fine, also come in and hit in same angle as the hero, but still end up NEXT to the hero and still look Solid. Help? :)

Mallen

Reaction score
did you add Windwalk to them? that makes them almost invisible and what do you mean with end up next to the hero? isn't that what you want? do you mean that they dont appear behind the hero??

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
That trigger is just soooo wrong. First off, how can it even end if you keep running the action? I'd use "a unit is attacked" event instead, so it matches the attacks. So, make the dummy unit a flying unit, give it a 1-1 attack and use those triggers.

Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blade Flurry (Buccaneer)
    • Actions
      • Set BladeFlurryTurnedOn = True
      • Wait 30 seconds
      • Set BladeFlurryTurnedOn = False

Trigger:
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • BladeFlurryTurnedOn Equal to True
      • Unit-type of (Attacking Unit) Equal to Buccaneer
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Blade Flurry for (Owner of (Attacking unit)) at (Position of (Attacking unit)) facing (Facing of (Attacking Unit)) degrees
      • Animation - Change (Last created unit)&#039;s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%) with 70.00% transparency
      • Unit - Order (Last Created Unit) to Attack (Attacked Unit)
      • Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Trigger:
  • Trigger 3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Unit-Type of (Triggering unit) Equal to Blade Flurry
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game

Emu.Man00

Reaction score
You said you were gonna base it off of frenzy, right?
You can replace the entire first trigger and the condition "BladeFlurryTurnedOn Equal to True" with the condition
(attacking unit) has buff yourBuff == true

Dirac

Reaction score
Trigger for you...

Event
Every 0.04 seconds of game
Actions
Set TempGroup = (units in playable map area with buff...)
Pick Every Unit in TempGroup and do
Create 1 FadingDummy for owner of picked unit at position of picked unit facin picked unit's facing
Set the custom value of last created unit to 0
Add unit to FadingGroup
Pick Every Unit in FadingGroup and do
Set custom value of picked unit to (custom value +1)
set transparency to (custom value)
if custom value == 100
then remove picked unit

EDIT: i uploaded this ability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.