Spell Request- Hard difficulty(vjassers needed!)

mordocai

Reaction score
Hey guys so basicly for my map i have a fire element person, who needs this spell.
Spell- the caster creates a "mist bomb(the blue one)" thingy but it is ash, and while in it enemies get slowed by x% every level. Now while he is channeling that spell(the ash), the icon changes to "Click" in which he clicks his teeth and ignites the whole area where the ash was(im thinking a dummy unit using something that deals alot of insta dmg(warstomp or something), then flamestrike with low dmg maybe) The hard part for this spell would just be the icon/skill change.
Recap-summons ash in x aoe(channeling for however long he wants), ash icon changes to "click" icon, the ash turns to fire when he clicks the "click" icon, and then the enemy gets x insta dmg, then the ground continues to burn for x seconds.
+Rep and credits will be given to anyone who atleast attempts to try it

simonake

Reaction score
I had a bit of difficulty reading you problem. Have you tried to remove spell and add another, for the icon, and then reset it. I know its lots of triggering but... If you want the hero to still channel then you could use [Animation - Play unit's animation Channel]

mordocai

Reaction score
no what i need is this. The user creates a aoe where if an enemy walks the get slowed, and WHILE he is channeling that spell the spell icon switches to a new spell which ignites the ash and he stops channeling
EDIT: i have found a video on youtube of what it should look like kinda, but its an anime video(naruto)><
EDIT2:wow naruto is relatively really close to what i was aiming for :D
the part i requested is from 4:15-4:30 Video

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I played a map which had something similar.

There was another, simple building type thing with the hero model (for the portrait), which was selected when the channeling begun, somewhere on the edge of the map, which had an expiration timer, the buff called Right click to <something> (ignite! in this case), and voilá.

You can detect when that building type hero was ordered to smart or attack or you can give it a spell with icon, whatever.

Never thought about it myself, but actually not difficult

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
For the icon, you can disable that ability for the owner of the hero ( I tested this, disabling the abilitiy does not interrupt the channeling) and add a "click" ability to the hero.
When he "stops" channeling the ability (stunned, cast the "click" ability,...) re-enable the "channel" abilitiy.

mordocai

Reaction score
ok i have no idea how to trigger this, thats why i put it as a spell request>>

mordocai

Reaction score
..........i dont want him to have 2icons for one spell, but switch icons....................

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
..........i dont want him to have 2icons for one spell, but switch icons....................

That's why he has both, but there's always one disabled/hidden

Or you can just make him start with the channeling one, and add the Click one when he casts it.
Then when he does, remove it.

Easy, no need for vjass
Nor even jass (though GUI would be slightly harder)

mordocai

Reaction score
well, as i stated this is a spell request... so could someone make it for me? im busy atm and dont have time to make the trigger. If i did i would have named it "trigger help-trouble with icons"

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Whoops! Sorry but you are seem to be lost!

This is the World Editor Helper forum and not the I Make You Spells forum

You may try one of the following:
- Do the spell yourself
- Get help with a spell you are creating
- Get the hell out of here​

mordocai

Reaction score
I tried making the spell myself but failed misarbly. Im a modeler and i have tried to do this but its all hard and confusing to me

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.