Spell request, well a little more than just one.

Heizo

Reaction score
Ok, this is about to make me rip my hair out cause i cant get it to work. Ok, this is a hero for an AoS. She is an Aeromancer. Her passive is that she has a cloud that follows her, but it moves like it is attached to a bungee cord...like if she is moving forward, if she stops the cloud will keep moving forward then after a certain point it will go back, repeating this unitl it reaches no movment on top of her. I want to know if this is even possible first off. Secondly, I'm having issues with 2 abilities. One, makes a healing rain that heals anything under the cloud for (an amount + a percentage of her int), while draining the Aeromancers mana. Two, A tornado appears under the cloud, and every few seconds it will shoot out another tornado that damages for (an amount + another percentage of her int) (and possibly knocks up, but that may be pushing it) any enemies it hits for 1.5 seconds. It shoots the tornado in the direction the cloud is moving AWAY from.

Yes, I know this may not be possible, but i just wanted to see.
Also, The hero can only be picked once so it DOES NOT need to be MUI.

Dirac

Reaction score
The cloud thing, epic idea i love it. And yes, its possible the way you described it to be. Would work for you if the cloud would only slow down when reachin the hero's position? or do you need it to bounce around

Heizo

Reaction score
Well, think of it as like, there is a rope attached to the cloud and to the hero. It would slow down as it neared the center, but the momentum would keep it going, but it wouldnt go out as far, so on and so forth it would keep going smaller and smaller distances until it stopped on the heros position, but yes that would work too.

Setharoth114

Reaction score
Did you happen to play Rise of Winterchill and see the Tempest hero? He has a similar ablitty that passively causes a storm cloud to follow him around like its attached to a bungee cord, shooting out lightning bolts when it comes near a unit.
I only know GUI, and I'm sure what you're looking for would require JASS. It would also require calculating angles, momentum, and such.
I can't really help you, but if you go to
http://www.fanaticnetworks.com/forums/forum/82-rise-of-winterchill/
and ask really nicely in the forums, Soft might give you the JASS code to help you.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Actually I think it might be possible to do this in GUI. I might try it myself and upload it as a spell resource here, but right now I don't have the time. If anyone wants to try their hand, here's the idea I came up with:

Alright, because its a bungee cord, it doesn't have a fixed relative position to the hero. So for it's movement all we have are the max distance it can travel from the hero (it's limit), the direction it travels in (generally the direction of the moving hero) and the momentum of the moving hero. Momentum and direction of the traveling hero is what will be the tricky parts.

We would essentially need a periodic 1 second trigger, checking the distance moved by the hero and in what direction.
We need another faster periodic trigger which would slide the dummy unit that represents the end of the bungee cord (the storm or whatever).
And finally just create a lightning effect/ some cord effect attached to the hero and the dummy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.