Spells - Making a DotA like Omnislash

BornToBeMe

Reaction score
hey ppl sry to bother again but im stuck at this :

Set EG[1] = (Units within 600.00 of o_current_loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of o)) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is sleeping) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is hidden) Note equal to True)

how do i do so many ands i know to make 1 but it needs much more :banghead: i dont know where to find that so i need a little help thx

edit: ok i found it out

BornToBeMe

Reaction score
done

thx for the tutorial everything works fine except 1 thing:

should he be bouncing from 1 enemy to another :confused: because myne only attack 1 enemy and then stops the omnislash i dont know why :confused:

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
thx for the tutorial everything works fine except 1 thing:

should he be bouncing from 1 enemy to another :confused: because myne only attack 1 enemy and then stops the omnislash i dont know why :confused:
Yes, he should be bouncing to more than one target.

Post your trigger maybe?

Volkof

Reaction score
No matter now common or old this spell is, it is forever cool.

PHP:
Unit - Cause o to damage t, dealing ([I]Random real number between 150.00 and 250.00[/I]) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

What if i want to damage done to be equal to the damage of the caster? I couldnt fing the trigger that takes of the damage of caster.:confused:

Anyway +rep:D

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I replied long but i think you missed on putting sound effects in your omnislash.. I know how to put pawn sound effects and put the double slash effect but im not sure if you really want me to post it in or even tell you about it... Just let me know ^_^..

Farplane

Reaction score
Ummm... so what type of variable is "tl"?

Oh, wait, nevermind I got it.

Alright now I have a new problem, for
Code:
Set EG[1] = (Units within 600.00 of o_current_loc matching ((((Matching unit) is A structure) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of o)) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A flying unit) Not equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is sleeping) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is Magic Immune) Not equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is hidden) Note equal to True)

How do you put the "and"s in? Or do you just create a new comparison for every condition?

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Scroll down in the condition selection area and at the way bottom it should say "and", click that and enter your two conditions. ;)

Volkof

Reaction score
I though i have forgotten about this thread, but it seems that my question isnt answered.
Unit - Cause o to damage t, dealing (Random real number between 150.00 and 250.00) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal

What if i want the damage done to be equal to the damage of the caster? For example, the blademaster has 50-70 attack damage. I couldnt find the trigger that takes of the damage of caster.

thks in advance

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
Well, there's no action that allows you to damage the target dealing actual the damage of the caster.

You could just figure out how much damage they initially have, and how much damage they gain/level, and add that damage to a variable, and use that variable as the damage amount?

Volkof

Reaction score
Well that could be nearly impossible because the blademaster can also have his damage altered through spells and items.

Anyway i just want to know if it is possible, its ok if it isnt.
Thks for the reply

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hey tinki3 got a small problem... Ok, i want to set the cooldown for the Omnislash to 35 Seconds, but, as i do that ON the skill in the "Abklingen" Box, (Thats German for cooldown) nothing really happens. It refreshes right after is use it... Did i do something wrong?I have done the trigger due to this tut, and followed all steps...

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
The problem could be that the caster is moved instantly to a point right after casting the ability.
Try adding a very short wait (even 0.00 should be enough) before the caster is moved the first time.

That would be
Code:
Unit - Move o instantly to tl
in Tinki's example trigger.

No idea if that'll do it, I'm just guessing right now since I had a similar problem once.

Z

Zekareisouji

I want to ask sth, when we use ATTACK_TYPE_HERO and DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL, do we get bonus like life steal or damage bonus from the caster's items? I read the dota script and I dun really understand why using UnitDamageTarget can give you lifesteal and it actually do extra damage if Jugg has Rapier...
Btw can s1 tell me about DAMAGE_TYPE_XX and ATTACK_TYPE_XX, which combination will produce what kind of attack? Like go through armor, normal physical damage that take armor into account, or spell damage that do reduce dmg on Hero Armor type, etc...

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> when we use ATTACK_TYPE_HERO and DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL, do we get bonus like life steal or damage bonus from the caster's items?

Nope.
That damage is "triggered", having nothing to do with the caster's actual damage.

> I dun really understand why it actually do extra damage if Jugg has Rapier

It doesn't do extra damage if a hero has the Rapier item.
As you may have noticed, the hero "fakes" the attacks, with the triggered
damage and an "attack" animation is played every time they are blinked to a hero.

Omnislash can do "extra" damage, but only when the hero manages to get
a real attack in to a target.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.