Stacking Doodads, Rotating Axis, and Defined Variation?

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Rotating Axis, and Defined Variation?

Hey guys,

I know turning a doodad 360 degrees is child's play, but is it possible to put doodads on their side as well? I'd like to place certain environmental doodads on its side for more realistic terraining.

Also, Is there a way when placing trees-- or anything for that matter, where you can tell it only to place one variation of the set?

I'd really appreciate it if anyone could answer some of my simple questions. Tyvm.

--Beetle

wingdnosring

Reaction score
I know turning a doodad 360 degrees is child's play, but is it possible to put doodads on their side as well? I'd like to place certain environmental doodads on its side for more realistic terraining.

This can be done via triggers using the Send Actor Message Actions. I don't know how to do it any other way.

Also, Is there a way when placing trees-- or anything for that matter, where you can tell it only to place one variation of the set?

I believe you can set a variation in the data editor by editing a unit's actor.

You could also create all your doodads, then select them all at once and change the variation. It will apply the change to all selected.

Finally, you can use triggers to set unit variation.

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

Hopefully someone can find/think of a better way to use the axis rotation.

--Beetle

Reaction score
This is definitely a job for the Site Operation actors.

By placing a doodad on it's side, you mean that a tree would be lying as it were cut down?
If so, look up the Actor SOp180, duplicate it, change name and ID to SOpSide and change Actor - Forward from 0 1 0 to 0 0 1.

Then, add it to the Actor of your desired doodad in Hosting - Host Site Operations by typing in SOpSide.

attachment.php

"Taking a nap, boss..."

Attachments

• restingMarine.jpg
    restingMarine.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 606

Beetlebomb

Reaction score
This is definitely a job for the Site Operation actors.

You need to look up the actor of the doodad, and in Hosting - Host Site Operations, put the name of the Site Operation that you want to perform.

By placing a doodad on it's side, you mean that a tree would be lying as it were cut down?

Yes, or if I were to put groups of grass tilted slightly on the edge of a cliff.

How do I look up Doodads in the Data Editor?

Edit: Also, I'm managed to somehow make all my doodads disappear on my screen, however they still appear in the minimap so i know they're not gone. How can I reenable them? ><

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.