Stampede Problem

junicobakura

Reaction score
hi forums , i need help about

Issue order Unit to Neutral - Beastmaster Stampede Location

it seems to be not working?

is there any other way to order a dummy unit to cast stampede?

thanks

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
3 possible causes.

1, Stampede requires level 6 (Make sure you have set it to level 1, or your unit to level 6)
2, There are 2 versions of stampede (make sure you're casting the right one)
3, Make sure your dummy unit has enough mana to cast it.

EDIT: I just played about.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Stampede to Mountain King 0005 <gen>
      • Unit - Order Mountain King 0005 <gen> to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede (Center of (Playable map area))

Works

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
just a heads up i wouldnt use that exact trigger because it does leak the center of playable map area point...
just 2 minor changes to it, set Temp_Point to the center of playable map area, then destroy it after

but i digress
what he is saying is correct, make sure your dummy meats all the requirements to cast (ie: if its a hero ability and ur dummy is a basic unit)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yea, I just rushed it. I'm working on my Blinding Light spell. But as GFreak says this is the correct version.

Trigger:
  • Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to YourSpell
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at TempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Add a 60.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add Stampede to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede (TempPoint)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_TempPoint )

junicobakura

Reaction score
i have tested the spell(tested both stampede and stampede(rexxar)) by casting it manually with the dummy unit and it works.

i'm thinking the problem might be with the TempLoc3 var or the Issue order is broken

Trigger:
  • Gatling Gun Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Gear 2nd ) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Set TempLoc2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Set TempLoc3 = (TempLoc offset by 50.00 towards (Angle from TempLoc to TempLoc2) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc2 facing TempLoc3
          • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Explode on death
          • Unit - Add Gomu Gomu Gatling (Stampede)(Gear2nd) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Gomu Gomu Gatling (Stampede)(Gear2nd) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede TempLoc3
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc3)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set TempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
          • Set TempLoc2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
          • Set TempLoc3 = (TempLoc offset by 50.00 towards (Angle from TempLoc to TempLoc2) degrees)
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempLoc2 facing TempLoc3
          • Unit - Add a 6.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Make (Last created unit) Explode on death
          • Unit - Add Gomu Gomu Gatling (Stampede) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Gomu Gomu Gatling (Stampede) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Gomu Gomu:Gatling Gun for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede TempLoc3
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc2)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempLoc3)

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Does it even cast at all? In cases like this, it's either the expiration timer or the dummy can't cast because of limited range, insufficient mana or invalid target.

merlinds

Reaction score
Try adding floating text betwen the actions, so you can gues where the trigger is having problems, and just for testing ,you can make your dummy visible and selectable, so you can look through all the process.
In this way, you can see if the unit is being created, if the unit can cast the spell, and all. Is a last resource but is the best way to be sure where your trigger is failing.

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
Not exactly a last resort. That's when you disable all but one action and slowly find the one that fails to work. Make sure conditions are fulfilled and that the order is correct.

merlinds

Reaction score
No, i mind, to add floating text in every step of the trigger to detect whitch one is not working, and make all the skill visibile so you can see how it works, is the most slow way, i always use it as a last resource when i can´t solve a problem.

junicobakura

Reaction score
I have tested if it can be casted by the dummy unit
And it works normally
The only problem is the issue order
I think its really not working

KaerfNomekop

Reaction score
At this point I doubt you can upload the whole map, so try copying the neccessary variables etc. into a new map and upload that. (First see if the new map functions)

keychup

Reaction score
Here's a version of this spell that uses dummy units casting stampede.

Ice Shards: When activated you release a barrage of ice shards to damage units in front of you. Each second, 4 ice shards will be shot, each dealing damage.

Trigger:
  • iceshards
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set zz_UnitGroupA = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Ice Shards) Equal to True))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in zz_UnitGroupA) Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in zz_UnitGroupA and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set zz_PointX = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Set zz_PointY = (zz_PointX offset by 600.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_zz_PointX)
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Foot) for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at zz_PointY facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
              • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_zz_PointY)
              • Set zz_PointY = (Position of (Last created unit))
              • Set zz_PointX = (zz_PointY offset by -100.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
              • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to zz_PointX
              • Unit - Add a 0.10 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Stampede for (Last created unit) to (Level of Immolation for (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede zz_PointY
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_zz_UnitGroupA)

keychup

Reaction score
Here's a version of this spell that uses dummy units casting stampede.

Ice Shards: When activated you release a barrage of ice shards to damage units in front of you. Each second, 4 ice shards will be shot, each dealing damage.

Trigger:
  • iceshards
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.25 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set zz_UnitGroupA = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Ice Shards) Equal to True))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in zz_UnitGroupA) Greater than 0
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in zz_UnitGroupA and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Set zz_PointX = (Position of (Picked unit))
              • Set zz_PointY = (zz_PointX offset by 600.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
              • Unit - Create 1 Dummy (Foot) for (Owner of (Picked unit)) at zz_PointY facing (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees
              • Set zz_PointY = (Position of (Last created unit))
              • Set zz_PointX = (zz_PointY offset by -100.00 towards (Facing of (Picked unit)) degrees)
              • Unit - Move (Last created unit) instantly to zz_PointX
              • Unit - Add a 0.10 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
              • Unit - Set level of Stampede for (Last created unit) to (Level of Immolation for (Picked unit))
              • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral Beastmaster - Stampede zz_PointY
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_zz_UnitGroupA)

EDIT:
Here are a few issues.
1 - Sometimes the dummy doesnt cast the spell because the target location is sometimes unpathable. Solution is i make a foot dummy unit at the target location and set that units location as the new location: this way the location is guaranteed to be pathable.
2 - Sometimes the expiration timer wont let the dummy live not long enough for the unit to cast the spell. Solution is to make cast point 0.00.
3 - The dummy ability must have 0 manacost and 0 casting time and 99999999 cast range.

junicobakura

Reaction score
ok , tried importing it.

EDIT:

also tried searching and found this post from this topic

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php/138200-Stampede-Problem?highlight=stampede

This seems a bit old but i've recently encountred the same problem, and thanks god i did find the answer to that. it's a Blizzard bug related to some stupid ability effect. if anyone have the same problem, PM and i'll help. Good luck.

Kalee

didn't PM the guy cause he only had about 16 posts , he might be inactive anyways.

Attachments

• Stampede Test.w3x
    18.6 KB · Views: 235

keychup

Reaction score
i dont know what went wrong with yours. i had 3 variations of this spell and they all work fine. i downloaded your map and it seems that the dummy caster wont use a spell unless i make it a periodic.

keychup

Reaction score
nah. it was set to 0. and i repeat: the dummy units ARE casting stampede...only not from the event "a unit starts the effect of an ability". it only worked on his map when i used a periodic...which shouldnt be the only way cuz my other maps worked fine with the stampede order.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.