Starcraft 2 Game Strategies

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
Race: Protoss
Concept: mass carriers
Any Meaningful details: expo early ( this is for solo) in an area thats not next to your base.
How it works: tech as fast as you can and get 3 stargates and that building that let's you make carriers.
spam carriers and if your minerals are a lot higher than your gas, use it to expo again.
It is very hard to counter carriers, especially if you they don't know you're getting carriers.
Oh and build at the entry point of your base, your gateways forges and towers. If you do this early then they'll have a hard time rushing
also 1 or 2 sentries will make it very very hard to rush. let them come into your base where your towers are attacking (which should be close to the ramp, and forcefield the ramp where it cuts half their army. Doing so will trap half of them and your towers /atleast 5 zealots can kill anything. Immortals stalkers etc. Then you can just camp and it'll be impossible for them to keep rushing.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Concept: mass carriers
Any Meaningful details: expo early ( this is for solo) in an area thats not next to your base.
How it works: tech as fast as you can and get 3 stargates and that building that let's you make carriers.
spam carriers and if your minerals are a lot higher than your gas, use it to expo again.
It is very hard to counter carriers, especially if you they don't know you're getting carriers.
Oh and build at the entry point of your base, your gateways forges and towers. If you do this early then they'll have a hard time rushing
also 1 or 2 sentries will make it very very hard to rush. let them come into your base where your towers are attacking (which should be close to the ramp, and forcefield the ramp where it cuts half their army. Doing so will trap half of them and your towers /atleast 5 zealots can kill anything. Immortals stalkers etc. Then you can just camp and it'll be impossible for them to keep rushing.

To get enough carriers for it to be viable, you'll have to survive in your base for quite some time. This will be hard since an opponent shouldn't have that much problems getting into your base. Tanks can be used to kill of the stuff in your base.
To prevent the tanks from killing your block, you'd have to go out and meet the rest of his army. Also, you'd be vulnerable to drops if you're not careful.

Have you even tried this against an actual player? And in that case, what league?

BlowingKush

I hit the blunt but the blunt hit me.
Reaction score
it would not work against me

i am a siege tank champion

mass carriers is a 10 year old lame ass noob strat that has been used and abused for so long that the only people to actually lose to it are noobs who are to stupid to scout

YourFace

Reaction score
hahahahah I agree there is a huge hole in the plan, but it does work quite well. Yes silver league and sometimes in gold league.

23-15 wins/loses silver league solo, 9-7 w/ garret in gold league twos.

Also Bud, it hardly ever works against terrans 1 vs 1 so =(. I hate terrans >:O, unless they're my partners. BUT your tanks are useless against my carriers.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Considering the sheer amount of minerals and vespene needed to acquire and maintain the amount of carriers your suggesting you will need 4-5 expansions.

Don't mass Carriers. Chances are if you've massed carriers your opponent will have a unit composition/mass specifically created to deal with your carriers while at the same time being able to mop up any few support units you managed to squeeze out during when you were massing carriers.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Considering the sheer amount of minerals and vespene needed to acquire and maintain the amount of carriers your suggesting you will need 4-5 expansions.

Don't mass Carriers. Chances are if you've massed carriers your opponent will have a unit composition/mass specifically created to deal with your carriers while at the same time being able to mop up any few support units you managed to squeeze out during when you were massing carriers.

Nah. I've seen it done with 1 expo.

Your best bet is getting some turrets and lots out early to defend along with some stalkers and sentries. Then, you can attack on two fronts. But you need to watch out for early harasses. They'll fuck you over.

YourFace

Reaction score
Title: Void Ray their a55
Concept: Get 3 or 4 Void Rays asap and kill their main base.
Any meaningful detail: turret/zealot the front in the beginning, kill any aa buildings, e.g. hydralisk den, cybernetic core. This does not work on terrans. Mainingly for twos and solo. (better in solo).
How it works: get a pylon for first food, asap a gateway, get a lot of prones since you won't be expanding, get an assimilator when you're able to. Then, you can move onto the cybernetic cores. Get another assimilator and forge when you have the money. Remember teching is key to getting Void rays in time. If you're behind then the enemy will have enough stalkers or hydras. When you have enough resources, get a forge, few towers, and a few zealots. Then when you have enough gas get a first stargate, then a second. Now get 3 void rays and start moving to their base. If they're toss or zerg, they'll probably have some aa, but not enough to kill you. So kill their queen/ 3-4 stalkers then focus on their nexus or hatchery. They can neither stop you nor attack you, since they will not have aa and you have a couple zealots and towers. I suggest getting an expo while your void rays move in since you'll have extra mins. Or more towers.

Currently 29-19 in solo silver league

Attachments

• 2010-04-12 16-28-57.SC2Replay
    71.8 KB · Views: 234

YourFace

Reaction score
:shades:

You tool. Everyone can see that Edited by YourFace. :rolleyes:

And if you would have kept it at that "Race: Protoss", it'd seem like you were saying Toss owned all :( That's what I thought you mean...

omg you saw that! xD ohhh

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
Nah. I've seen it done with 1 expo.

Your best bet is getting some turrets and lots out early to defend along with some stalkers and sentries. Then, you can attack on two fronts. But you need to watch out for early harasses. They'll fuck you over.

:banghead:

I don't even know why people would even attempt to mass Carriers with only one expo. If your opponent let you mass that many carriers he deserves to loose.There are so many ways of killing carriers for all three races it's stupid.I find it more worth it to mass battlecruisers since hell at least you can have different configurations to compliment each other.

YourFace

Reaction score
:banghead:

I don't even know why people would even attempt to mass Carriers with only one expo. If your opponent let you mass that many carriers he deserves to loose.There are so many ways of killing carriers for all three races it's stupid.I find it more worth it to mass battlecruisers since hell at least you can have different configurations to compliment each other.

This terran massed like 8 or 12 marines with medivic. By this time I had two stargates. He killed my base except for where my towers were(near gateway, and forge. So I built two stargates and a fleet beacon near my expo, which was in a spot I figured he'd never find, and I eventually got 4 carriers and won the game. O I also sent kamakaze 3 void rays that managed to kill his only command before he killed my main base xD. My point is, carriers are godly.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.