Starting a Mapping Clan!

13lade619

is now a game developer :)
Reaction score
So when are we gonna start at our first big project?

i think most of us are busy with our own projects for now...

You guys should use JuMP, it's way cooler than MaPz

ok, so now that we're decided with the name... maybe post a concept of a project you would like all of us to work on?

here's mine:

Bug Warz //Custom Hero, AoS or Hero Arena?//
- something i thought of a long time ago...

Concept: war of nerubian empires / pure bugged out madness

Gameplay :

there are 6 basic forms/hero types [ agi, int, str (3) x melee, ranged (2) = 6 ]

at the start, you buy abilities to customize your bug/hero.

there are different evolution stages. you start out small then grow very stong throughout the game.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
sure...Btw. is some one making our own site? for our mapping clan? cuz i can do the intro vid for it :D

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Well I have this in my mind for a very long time now. But it's just so difficult to make alone.

A modified Melee Map

Not just something like war of the ents where you just modify the units and add some more neat abilities but

A map like custom hero line wars, its been in my mind ever since before I was exposed to world editor. In this concept its like making the advantages and disadvantages of your military.

You get to choose your unit looks like "I want grunt or I want footman"

Heres the list of the features in my mind -

- "The Highlight" Customizing Feature (You get to have different combinations of units, but the units wont just have some skills right away, you get to choose. Also each unit will have their personal upgrades in their basic attributes like health mana armor etc. so this will be the "Basic Upgrades" and the "Advanced Upgrades" will be depending on the player, like another damage upgrade etc. or maybe upgrades to give abilities to a unit.)

- Point System (Of course you cannot just get to choose whatever things you like for your army, you would have a limit, each object will have different costs. For example you would like to add a Tauren to your group so the Tauren would cost more than a footman.)

- Advanced Upgrades (A feature where you get to choose your upgrade for your units, the basic upgrade only increases the units basic attributes like health armor damage etc. and the basic upgrades are available already without using some points to acquire it, the advanced upgrades would be the one purchased by some points and will not only involve in basic attributes, but will also allow you to give abilities to your units like giving your structures some spiked barricades for example.

- Unit Coloring (I'm not sure if this is easy, but I don't mind if this does not get included, but the whole concept on this feature is that each unit of yours would have their own color depending on your settings at the beginning. The default one would be depending on the color of the player.)

- AI Supported (The game would be AI supported, but the AI's would really need a default setup so that it wont disable them if the beginning "Customizing Phase" which is not melee AI supported)

- Different Maps (It would be built in different maps if it is done, like in divide and conquer, emerald gardens, custom melee maps)

- Hero Customization (The heroes would be customized like custom hero line wars at the beginning you would choose 3 heroes that would be available for training later, then each hero would have 3 normal skills and 1 ultimate depending on your customization at the start, but I dont think this would be practical to add into the map since it would be like requiring a company to make this one, but who knows.)

- Item Customizing (Customize your items at the start, but you would have 4 items for every tier so phase one all items for tier 1 phase two all items for tier 2 and phase three for tier 3 so you can have items depending on your strategy. And you will have a limit of only 1 orb since they are powerful items.)

-Custom Objects (The abilities and other objects will not only be based from the original one but some will also be triggered or whatever.)

- Setup Saving (I don't think this would be necessary but it would be really useful to have a quick start, like in Swat Aftermath they can save your customization by giving you some codes but I don't have any knowledge on how to do this.)

Manee

Reaction score
hmm, after playing lynxx's game, an idea came into my mind...

what about making a quake-like CTF map? ;)

heroes should have a fast ms
heroes have 0 attack and little HP maybe 1/2/3---> depends =)
their form of attack would be by skills and when it comes to the offensive, skills must be like in ninja wars (shuriken throws...)
well, anything else that would make the map a mini version of Quake/Counter Strike

Manee

Reaction score
how abt a tag map? =)

um... Cannibals vs Lost Tourists in a uncharted island? :rolleyes:

then when a tourist dies he becomes meat XD but when his co-tourist saves him, he will become a Tourist again XD

Anachron

Reaction score
I might join aswell :p xD

Currently Projects:
-Tree Tag - The Last Hope
-Sunken ForceStrike
-Make an Escape

;)

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Actually there is no such realms here, its Philippines so it will be more likely GG CLient XD
Anyway, since my idea would like take a large amount of time to finish I might need to find some new ideas :D

By the way, if you are a webmaster put this in your page if you are one.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Hey 13blade619, Anonymous users (such as yourself) can now comment on the blog, I forgot about setting that on...

You can now leave comments freely with no restrictions..

Edit:

I'm currently experimenting on the CSS of the blog.. If I can learn how the Stylesheets are related to the design, then probably it will be easier for me to edit the site template..

Edit Again!!:

Please visit our blog at http://www.jump08.co.nr

Thank You!

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
Ok

Edit:

Done, theme reverted to the original.. The space is kind of small though..

Edit Again:

Resized theme..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.