Arena Stone of Arakatrus [New Generation Hero Arena]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedOne

Reaction score
Far far away from the side of universe known to us, lies an old, mystical temple . Every ten thousand years a special tournament is held, and the winner is able to achieve the ultimate prize - Stone of Arakatrus, which may grant any wish . So the greatest of the greatest were called to test their strengths and achieve the ultimate goal . So the tournament begun ......

Description:
Stone of Arakatrus [SoA] is a new generation hero arena, providing players to test their abilities in creating tactics, making right decisions, and their abilities to control heroes, instead of mindless spell spamming .

Number of players : 8

Gameplay Style : Free For All [FFA] or Last Man Standing [LMS]

Features : In the beginning, players will be divided to 4 groups of 2 players, for example P1,P5, P2,P1 and etc. Then they will fight in 1 vs 1 battles in the temple's arena . While one group is fighting, others will be allowed to spectate on their fight, allowing them to find counter-tactics, strengths, weaknesses and game play styles of their opponents . Once a battle ends, the winner is sent to B group, and the losing player is allowed to spectate the other contestants . Once 4 players will appear in the B group, they will be randomly shuffled and they will fight again . The winners of B group will enter C group, in which they will fight for the ultimate prize - Stone of Arakatrus . All the losing players will be available to spectate and comment until the final winner is declared . When the final winner is declared, players will be allowed to save their total wins and loses in each group . They won't affect the gameplay, just they will show the "grade" of the player .

Special Features : Unlike in most hero arenas, in here you won't have to spam damage dealing abilities mindlessly . Spells will be based about tactics and special effects , like curses, poisons and etc. Also negative effects will have certain, long timers on them, for example - if you were poisoned with very strong poison in group A, there will be a big chance that the poison effect will still be effective on you when you will enter group B . This will make players even more careful, also it will make the game play more challenging and unique . You will be able to rest after your battles, but it will not heal you fully, just heal some of your wounds . Resting will not heal poisons, curses or damaged vital organs .

Some special negavite effects :
Sight Losing (when battling, you will have a chance to lose your eye, this will decrease your accuracy . Also you may lose both of your eyes, this will decrease your vision of the battlefield greatly, since you will have to rely on your senses, instead of sight . Initially blind heroes will be immune to this)

Broken Hand/Broken Leg (you will have a low chance of breaking your hand/leg when fighting . Losing your hand will grant a major decrease in your attack speed and damage, and leg break will reduce your movement speed dramatically and result in slower body movements because of pain)

Types of abilities :

Instant cast - A most basic, but still effective type of spell. Instant cast abilities will mostly be basic abilities, used to slow down, knock down or even damage the enemy, good for critical situations .

Channeling - A different kind of abilities, requiring channeling (that means you will not be able to move or attack), but having greater effects like Life Draining, damage dealing, holding in a place and others .

Seals - A unique type of ability, most seals won't have any effect when cast on opponent, but they will have to be unleashed, by using another ability (mostly instant cast). Seals will be used to disturb enemies. Seals will have a various effects, including, but not limited to mana draining for each spell cast, semi-silence, slowing, cursing and others .

Rituals - A very specific type of ability. Rituals will be the most complicated type of abilities, since often they will require specific conditions, and long casting time. Rituals will have the most effective powers and great, dynamic, flashy effects. Rituals will have no limit to their uniqueness, each ritual will be different, for example, one ritual can allow you to reflect damage you gain back to attackers lifes, others may have massive slowing and draining abilities, and much more ... Requirements may vary from simple, like daytime or nighttime, to more unseen, like drawing enemy's blood .

Racial - A passive ability, varied from evasion to reflecting enemy spells back to their mana, and more ..
What am I looking for :
Terrainer(s) - to create a great terrain for this map
Artist(s) - icons, minimap preview, loading screen
Website Designer(s) - someone who is able to create a nice website, not cheap 5 minute set-up forums
Idea/Suggestion giver(s)
Tester(s)

If the Warcraft 3 will be completely overrun by DotA players, I will recreate the project for Starcraft 2 and Warcraft 4 when they will come out !!!

To be filled ....

Epicgamers

Reaction score
Lool? You gonna quit your project cause people playing DoTa?
Your just giving uP/:thdown:

And warcraft 4 isn't gonna come .

TwistedOne

Reaction score

what I ment was if wc3 community will completely die after the appereance of sc2, I will recreate the map for it ;]

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
This looks fucking epic

On paper yeah bur not really, no.You see the idea is cool but too stupid in the long run.Let's say that you are a good player, but i hit you with a strong poison, brake your arm, take out one of your eyes and , brake your leg.Then eaven if you fight world's biggest noobs you will loose.Although the actual spellcasting and the arm/leg braiking sound cool it is not cool for the actuall gameplay....still it sounds promising.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes it shall...in the next 8 years but it shall...

Actually, I heard it's been somewhat confirmed.
When Blizzard announced that each of the Sc2 campaigns would be released separately as seperate games/disks, they also said the same would apply for Warcraft IV. Which basically confirms that it will be released one day.

I think it means that it's either being planned out, nearly started; or it's already being developed :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Don't worry Dota cowerder(TwistedOne) your map will be welcome in this forum.I mean evry time I make a serious map, i know that if i need help, have problems or need feedback i can relay on the people her, so you shloudn't worry about having no people waching you.So if you need support you will get it, if you make a cool mapyou won't have trouble.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
You'll need to start getting something out there if you want people posting on your thread. The idea sounds good, but is it going to be fun? Having diminishing effects on your player's heroes like becoming blind or reducing attack speed might sound good if it's happening to your enemy, but when it's happening to you surely you would be getting pissed off.

Having people spectating to find 'weaknesses' sounds like it could get boring as well, unless you have an extremely varied combat system that actually requires people to use their head and work out strategies. If the heroes are preset with standard abilities then it's only going to take people a couple of rounds to figure out what beats what, what is imbalanced etc, which won't do your game any favors in the popularity stakes.

Also, having wins/losses saved at the end of a match is a flawed plan... seriously who do you think is going to stay around to have their losses saved after they have been beaten?

Anyways, to me it sounds like you have a half-way good idea which needs some more fleshing out. If you are worried about this game not being able to compete with dota... well then don't even bother making it.... and don't think waiting until SC2 arrives is going to change that either, it'll have it's own dota equivalent. Only make this map if you want to make something you personally enjoy, in both it's construction and distribution, and don't hang your hopes on it becoming the next big thing or else it won't stand a chance.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
since most spell has atleast a debuff.

in this arena.

surely the best tactic\strategy. is
"to cripple your enemy to the point that they can't retaliate." so to speak.

but since it's a Free For All.

I expect a windwalk to kill-steal my competitors.

TwistedOne

Reaction score
You'll need to start getting something out there if you want people posting on your thread. The idea sounds good, but is it going to be fun? Having diminishing effects on your player's heroes like becoming blind or reducing attack speed might sound good if it's happening to your enemy, but when it's happening to you surely you would be getting pissed off.

Having people spectating to find 'weaknesses' sounds like it could get boring as well, unless you have an extremely varied combat system that actually requires people to use their head and work out strategies. If the heroes are preset with standard abilities then it's only going to take people a couple of rounds to figure out what beats what, what is imbalanced etc, which won't do your game any favors in the popularity stakes.

Also, having wins/losses saved at the end of a match is a flawed plan... seriously who do you think is going to stay around to have their losses saved after they have been beaten?

Anyways, to me it sounds like you have a half-way good idea which needs some more fleshing out. If you are worried about this game not being able to compete with dota... well then don't even bother making it.... and don't think waiting until SC2 arrives is going to change that either, it'll have it's own dota equivalent. Only make this map if you want to make something you personally enjoy, in both it's construction and distribution, and don't hang your hopes on it becoming the next big thing or else it won't stand a chance.

yes, you WILL need your head, not just mindless spell spamming

since most spell has atleast a debuff.

in this arena.

surely the best tactic\strategy. is
"to cripple your enemy to the point that they can't retaliate." so to speak.

but since it's a Free For All.

I expect a windwalk to kill-steal my competitors.

It's free for all but duels will be in 1v1 format

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.