Strange AI occurence

Sargon

Reaction score
OK, so I'm making an AoS map currently. So I threw together a rough version of the terrain, and made a system of creep spawnings for the computer players. Well, I was testing it (basically watching the computer players fight), and I noticed something odd. Every now and then, once a group has finished fighting, one of the units will, instead of moving to the next checkpoint, turn right around and move all the way back to the region in which it spawned before turning around and starting the path again. Why does this happen, and can I stop it somehow? I'll attach the map so that you can see my triggering. It's just a minor thing, but it's annoying and I would like ot fix it. Thanks!

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Just to let you know, this is a rather common problem in Aos's (it occasionally happens when I'm testing AWA with conan), so it should be easily fixable :D :p

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it :p

If you have unit groups, it might be releated to that or something. I've seen the problem firsthand, but can't help you :p

Sargon

Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
Just to let you know, this is a rather common problem in Aos's (it occasionally happens when I'm testing AWA with conan), so it should be easily fixable :D :p

Unfortunately, I don't know how to fix it :p

If you have unit groups, it might be releated to that or something. I've seen the problem firsthand, but can't help you :p

Nope, I just use "unit enters region x" type triggers.

Heh, if I had used unit groups, I might have entire groups of units retreating from the corpses of their foes :p ("We killed them! Run for your lives!"). At least it's just the occasional militaman right now.

Pyromancer

Reaction score
i got that problem to... i had units attack move to a region... but when they got there... they just rurned around, nd went back to were they started from. and so, howdya fix that? did you?? :banghead:

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
I'll have a look and see if I can fix it.

BTW using unit enters region x will cause massive memory leakage won't it?

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
im guessing your not dumb enthog to make the comperture player creeps beacuse they turn around

Sargon

Reaction score
No, of course not. The creeps are actually renamed Knights, Militia, and Priests (actually, the Priests haven't been changed).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.