Reaction score
Can anyone shows me what I've done wrong with this map

Attachments

• x.w3x
    16.6 KB · Views: 233

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Exactly what problem are you having? I opened and tested the map and didn't encounter any problems.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Uhm.. As above said explain your problem more. All I hear is its corrupted and you can't play ?

Arist

Reaction score
Why do both sides become undead (although the hero is still night elf, it turns to red while in the editor it's blue) and respawn their builders infinitely?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
All heroes, no matter what race, unless it's others, you can place it for any player. Which means different colours. But also in the player properties, you can change it to the race you want, for the player.

Edit: I just checked the map, only orcs appear. At least for me. And the reason they're spawning indefinitely, is because whenever you attack ANYTHING, the trigger runs. In other words if you use the hero to attack blue, with every hit, the 5 peons and a base will spawn. 5 hits, 5 bases 25 units.

Arist

Reaction score
OK thanks people I knew the problem. Basically map initialization triggers an unit to attack and an unit to attack triggers an unit to attack + melee initialization and then it loops forever.

Although i don't know why it's all orcs though :/ with me it's all undead

skyblader

Reaction score
It doesn't work that way. You order unit to attack, but after the attacked unit dies, there's nothing left to attack. So if the game continues on till the end without anyone attacking each other, the trigger would've stopped.

If there are 2 events, it's basically an OR.

Map initialization OR when a unit is attacked.

So the trigger runs at map intialization, AND when a unit is attacked.

Arist

Reaction score
But at the first time I ran it, it just spawn undefinitely, until I had the hero reach a camp. When the hero reaches it, the ghouls which were spawned near the hero attacks it. This time, it is still spawning. Until the hero is dead, the spawning stops, at this point the upkeep has already reached 300.

The image of ghouls and acolytes keep spawning just like a cancer spreading scares me to death... even worse when I has already set them to HUMAN and ORC but they all turns to undead. It's really scary.

P/S: I reviewed the trigger. There are 2.

Arist
Events
Map initialization
Conditions
Actions
Camera - Set Player 2 (Blue)'s camera Distance to target to (Distance to target of Camera 001 <gen>) over 0.00 seconds
Unit - Order Tyrande 0000 <gen> to Attack Flying Sheep 0001 <gen>

Melee Initialization
Events
Map initialization
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Kill Flying Sheep 0001 <gen>
Melee Game - Use melee time of day (for all players)
Melee Game - Limit Heroes to 1 per Hero-type (for all players)
Melee Game - Give trained Heroes a Scroll of Town Portal (for all players)
Melee Game - Set starting resources (for all players)
Melee Game - Remove creeps and critters from used start locations (for all players)
Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
Melee Game - Run melee AI scripts (for computer players)
Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

Then the action itself here include "killing flying sheep" so after "map initialization", the trigger runs, "Kill flying sheep" is ran, then this become the event "A unit Is attacked" to reenable this trigger, then the melee game spawn the bases, ... right?

skyblader

Reaction score
Well... you sure you uploaded the right map? Because it only spawns once for me, and it stops. Until I order the hero to attack something, then it continues. Anyway, this time round they were humans instead.

Arist

Reaction score
It's really corrupted given that random races is not included in possibilities of failing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.