Crime Students hack school website to skip class

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
London, Feb 18 : A group of students hacked their school website so their parents could not find out a message assuring parents that it will remain open despite snowfall.

The Jewish Free School posted the message on its website after snowfall began in Harrow, in northwest London, Feb 4, Daily Mail reported Saturday.

Just to make sure they wouldn't get sent to school, the hackers are then said to have sent a fake email purporting to come from the school and telling parents that the school would be closed because of the heavy snow.

The email even provided a link to a cloned version of the school's website.

According to the Jewish Chronicle many older pupils stayed away from the school on the following Monday, owing to the success of the hack and the spreading of the fake email.

The school has identified a number of pupils it believes are behind the website's hacking and at least one pupil has been suspended. (IANS)

Last edited by a moderator:

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
The funny thing about this is that it probably took them more effort to actually perform the hacking and setup the fake website than it would take them if they just went to school....

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
The funny thing about this is that it probably took them more effort to actually perform the hacking and setup the fake website than it would take them if they just went to school....

But that isn't as entertaining to students (What year were these students btw?)

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
How did they find out who were the ones who did it, that is the question I'm pondering about...
I mean, didn't they take preventive measures before carrying out their acts?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
How did they find out who were the ones who did it, that is the question I'm pondering about...
I mean, didn't they take preventive measures before carrying out their acts?

Maybe one of them was bragging about it.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score

Or not really.

I could probably do something like this in an hour or so. Duplication isn't complicated at all.

I could see it costing a bit of money if they intended to do this long-term, though.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Or not really.

I could probably do something like this in an hour or so. Duplication isn't complicated at all.

I could see it costing a bit of money if they intended to do this long-term, though.

Yeah, I actually got in legal trouble for Myspace phising back when I was like 14 or 15 and Myspace was just getting big. All I did was saved the page by the "File -> Save Page As" menu link, and changed the login forms action to my script that saved the info and change a few things that were broken with images, and I scored 8k+ accounts and an Computer Crimes FBI dude at my house a few days later threatening lawsuits. Lol, whoops. But the point is, you can "clone a website" in like 20 minutes if you know what you're doing. Even less time if you're doing something like this, that is just to look like it, and not save or do anything.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.