RPG Synergy RPG!

rabid_weiner

Reaction score
From the Makers of: Forlorn RPG and The Cursed Heroes RPG

We are Proud to Present...

Synergy RPG!! :D
by Whitey93 and rabid_weinerdog

Plotline:
It had to be one of the worst blizzards he had ever experienced. Krinith had been trekking through the blizzard for at least a day. Visibility was nonexistent, and he could barley see his feet, let alone the path. He held a cloth close to his mouth, ensuring that no ice crystals got into his lungs. Only his eyes were visible in his bulky outfit, his eyelashes heavy with ice. He was told that it wasn't always like this, where a hot day was 60 degrees below. His village elders told of a time, before their elders, that it was once not only warm there, it was actually hot! They told of how it was all destroyed by two great tribes, encompassing unimaginable amounts of land. They had weapons that they dropped out of giant flying machines from the heavens, and when they impacted, they could do miraculous things, terrible things, flooding the area, causing it to get warmer or colder, and some of the strongest ones could even destroy everything in their radius. The two great tribes also were able to summon demons from an alternate universe; the two most terrible ones were called "The Master" and "The Beast". The Master eventually rebelled and took over the tribe that made him. This tribe later became known as the Demon Horde. The Beast was a giant by northerner standards, and at 11'. 700 pounds, and nearly impenetrable skin, he drew fear into the hearts of all who saw him. The war escalated, neither side willing to budge, and the weapons were used by both sides without a second thought. The combination of all the different effects from the thousands of weapons mixed together, creating a cataclysmic explosion, which killed millions. Not giving up, "The Master" brought out his ace card, a gigantic weapon of such immense proportion, it dwarfed most small cities. He unleashed it upon the enemy tribe's capital, but what he didn't expect was that it would have dire consequences. Leaving nothing but a crater two dozen miles wide, all the dirt went into the air, blocking out the sun and freezing the world. The master is still out there, with the remnants of his government now worshiping him as a god, and they say The Beast is still wandering around the frozen wastes, annihilating everything in his path. But Krinith didn't have time to ponder such things, he had to keep moving. He had to find it. It was his only hope.

So there's the prologue (if you want to call it that). The game starts you off arriving in a town by the Great Sea. You have just arrived in town, and need to solve a brief puzzle before you can convince the Dock Master to open the door to the great Hiraya Mountain Range. Once outside, you may begin your journey killing hordes of bloodthirsty barbarians and demon-worshipping cultists :)

Features:
-Awesome Quests!! (next to 0 grind quests!) (around 40 at the moment)
-Epic Dungeon Boss Fights (fully scripted/triggered boss fights)
-Challenging... everything (no super powered heroes solo'ing everything in the game, stuff actually requires teamwork)
-Pretty good terrain, imo (original zones)
-Cool Spell SFX + Completely triggered spells (no standard wc3 abilities in sight for these heroes!)
-Upgradable Spell System (through the use of books, cause knowledge is power!)
-Save/load (did I even need to mention this? :) )

Oh, and yeah.. dont forget to go to me and whitey's forums =D
http://synergyorpg.tk/

The latest version can be found here (keep in mind whitey and I just released this today to the general public so there may be a few bugs)
http://epicwar.com/maps/90629/

Screenshots! 4/4/09 (this is just from the first two zones you go to after leaving town)
Presentation1.jpg

Entrance to the Dream Shrine dungeon
Picture6.jpg

Entrance to Wolf Den
Picture1.jpg

Protect the Channelers!!
Picture5.jpg

Why is there a graveyard in the middle of city!?
Picture4.jpg

Battle on the top of the Hiraya mountain range between the barbarians and the imperials =O
Picture3.jpg

My Hero of the North hero about to get wasted by those blades...

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
Terrain looks ok. Not too great, looks really crowded. Also, I suggest increasing your fog to make the terrian look better and not using royal blue fog. Use custom fog and play around with mixing colours.
Nice website :).

Jaujarahje

I have now changed this in the User CP
Reaction score
Looks nice, but then again i go for gameplay not terrain. I'll try this out today and see if i can find any bugs. And i must say, i was a huge fan of both forlorn and cursed heroes orpg. although i was a bit dissapointed when cursed heroes was never finished

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Terrein is AWESOME!!!!!! I love it! This sounds to be the only RPG that I will play since Dark Invasion II. =]

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
looks nicely terrained for an arctic themed map.... but the one thing that's bugging me is the hero you used in the screens! I mean I may be wrong because I don't experience snow where I live, but wouldn't a tree man die in the cold? I dunno he just really seems out of place with his green shrubbery and what not

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Ok just played for a bit. The elf at the dock you start dies. dunno if this is supposed to happen or not. and the person that gives you the cultist insigna quest also manages to get killed. the barbarians ran and killed her...i got back just in time to see her die at the hands of 2 barbarians and thus we couldnt do the quest anymore. and this isn't a bug or anything but you should give more time or have the timer at the top right for when someone leaves. i afk'd for a bit came back and was exited out of the game without being able to save because the guy i was playing with left
EDIT: We died in wolf dungeon at the alpha wolf part, when we revived there were 2 wolves in town attacking the people. also dungeon doesn't reset, if you die in it wolves stay there and add on to the spawned ones

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
May I suggest narrowing down the spell icons for the hero of the north, have some death icons with the skin of the hero doesn't go well. Otherwise love the terrain but looks a bit cramped.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
played it yesterday, some things i found

Int doesn't increase magic damage
Mountain King spells create hella lagg (i noticed because it was pretty much laggless before he joined the battle)
Illusionest's warp spell warped her to the middle of the map
npcs died off and never came back
class D spell book level 1? I saw level 2 but i cant use it (it just eats it w/o giveing me anything) unless i get level 1 which i cant find
Ranger drops when ranger class isnt even out yet
and course the error at the end of the replay

Attachments

• ARTHURLUK_040509_233608_replay.w3g
    289.2 KB · Views: 287

rabid_weiner

Reaction score
played it yesterday, some things i found

Int doesn't increase magic damage
Mountain King spells create hella lagg (i noticed because it was pretty much laggless before he joined the battle)
Illusionest's warp spell warped her to the middle of the map
npcs died off and never came back
class D spell book level 1? I saw level 2 but i cant use it (it just eats it w/o giveing me anything) unless i get level 1 which i cant find
Ranger drops when ranger class isnt even out yet
and course the error at the end of the replay

Int does increase spell damage, just you wont see any difference in the first 15'ish levels ... I could make the spell damage variable a real, so you'll see the decimal amounts i guess though. It scales really well though once you get into the 20's.

As for that error at the end, i assume its because you gave a wisp a book.. which ive been told does that >.>

You get the level 1 D spell from Fey (the elf you killed at the end there)

And as for the lag from Hero of the North, I'll work on trying to fix that >.>

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
but only one dropped, wich means only one player can get a level 1d spell?

as for the int thing, so your telling me that for a whol 15*5= 75 + your inital int stat points is needed to see the frist point of damage? players want to see a noteable change per level, they want to know that their actions are really makeing a differnce. People RARELY have the patience to grind though 15+ levels to see a one point differnce in their offensive spells, if youve set it up like that then i would suggest you redo the entire equation to how int scales your magic damage so it's noteable (even with attack a .5 differnce is noteable cuz its 1 damage every 2 points, not 1 damage every 75+ points)

tonton302

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone know if Whitey is still active on WC3 because i wanna finish his map (the cursed heroes) if he isn't...

Thx

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
The hero is a vined leafy greeny dude. I think it should be an icy hero? Hero of the North huh?

Jaujarahje

Reaction score
Rabid and Whitey got into a fight and stopped working on this project, and with each other in general. They shut down the forums, and as far as anyone knows, no long are active on Wc3. Only way to contact them would be finding out if they are active anywhere else, or know them in real life.
Says "Game is not found" probably because they stopped working on it before 1.24 patch and it can't work with it now

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.