Melee * Tales from the North *

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
I never liked those sly Night Elves. And this map makes me want to hate them even more. Despite that, the continuously stronger growing "outside" forces add a cool twist to the gameplay.
Btw Mana Burn is really imba on a map where every unit has mana and relatively low hitpoints. :nuts:

What's the sense of having to rebuild the gold mine every two minutes? That's so damn annoying. -.-' I guess they store more gold on higher tiers, so you don't have to rebuild them so often. But wouldn't it be better to let them just give more gold periodically instead?
Like emjlr3, I find this map a bit too micro-heavy (I'm no Korean gosu gamer o.0), and things like the goldmine are kinda unnecessary complicated IMHO.

>"Anyone ever so much as seen, for example, the fabulous Treasure Map item?"

To be honest, I never bothered to check out the items. :p (I guess because every unit is a hero, no unit is important enough for items, at least for me (and consumable items would mean even more micro >.<)). I missed a scroll of TP, is there one? Or it would be great, if the Commander had a TP ability.

And stop using Noise...

Estel3

Reaction score
And stop using Noise...

Been waiting for that since this thread opened lol. Thank you 2-P :D .

Pretty good map but I too hate the gold mine idea. Its annoying having to make a new one every 2 minutes.

But I enjoyed it, I love the level up system for the creeps. I think the Commander should have some more slots though, just for some summon items or something. I dunno.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
And stop using Noise...

omg is that someone downing Ace's terrain work???

atleast its 2-P, I couldnt get away with something like that

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> I couldn't get away with something like that

Well, yes. :p

Here though, 2-P... um... hm... "less noise"... you mean that's it? What?
Wow, that terrain must totally own.

As for the mines, well, the actual idea is for them to be your early starting gold, and a last means to get any.
If you upgrade your Town Hall, one of the many "bigger and better" things is more Gold in the mine.
Clearly though, you should be out there killing stuff.
This ain't Sim City. It's WarCraft. Note the "war" part!

On a just barely related note, the more Heroes you have at once in or near a fight, the slower they will level.

> I'm no Korean gosu gamer

Obviously, you have never seen me play.
Then again, I consider the Night Elves to be a mere annoyance, but definitely not a threat.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>""less noise"... you mean that's it?"

"No noise" is more like it.
Hm... well, I don't think you can get much more out of the tileset.

Uh, you get gold for killing units? Never noticed that. :eek: A lot more than you can get from the goldmine?
Well, it doesn't change the fact that the goldmine is annoying...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Q: Oh man, you forgot to protect your map
A: No, I didn't

Thank god, I hate having to go all the way into Warcraft!

Dang, that's hard alone.
Well, after surviving for a very long time I found out I could upgrade my towers :)
By then it was much too late.

BTW one of your items increases "strangth"

substance

Reaction score
FINNALLY, a JASS map! If you ask me, I think JASS maps and 'regular' maps should be in two different forums.

**Ok so I played it and I really enjoyed the game, emjlr3 said it earlier with :
I think what the problem is that the game starts of so friggin fast, and I get attacked in a matter of minutes, and am constantly trying to ward off attackers or mount counter attacks
However, to me that's what made the game so fun. You were constantly under attack and had to do a billion things at once even at the start of the game. I also agree that building a gold mine every so often was annoying and i didnt see the point. If you want the player to constantly keep an eye on his gold mine then make the neutral's (ie. those annoying humans) proiority to attack the gold mine and make sure it has low HP. Also did the gold mines that were in the map do anything? I didnt know if I could 'take them over' or whatever. I loved how all the units were technically heroes and they learned spells etc. The items were cool too but the activatable ones were a bit much... It's too much micro when all your units have a few spells and on top of that activatable items.

The commander not being able to attack was extremely annoying, I use attack-move alot and that completely ruined him in battles. I ended up not using him at all (just sat him in base with 'raise dead' on auto-cast... it actually worked pretty well). I won pretty easily but i didnt add any computers. Is there a way to kill the humans? I destroyed the NE's bases and I didnt know what to do afterwards.

Anyway, fun map. Keep it up!

(Oh btw if anyone wants to play this on bnet against the computer hit me up on AIM)

AdamGriffith

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
BTW, it says the trolls can heal but they can't! =[

Oh ye, I had a question, can you use the other gold mines?

Good map though (Y)

AceHart

Reaction score
The gold mines in the map are there for decoration.
And for the unlikely event that a Night Elf would grow strong enough to need an expansion.

No, you can not "take them over" or so :p

And, yes, the Trolls heal just fine.
Though it depends on the Troll.
Shadow Priest may learn it if they level up.
It's even an area heal...

Anyone with a multi-player replay?

H

Hjalle

Well, i tested the map, looks nice and is quite cool :) .
Then i hosted it on intenet, but only 1 person joined -.-.

But ofc i got totally owned by weaklings :p

Attatched the replay, if your intersted of my noobness ^^.

Attachments

• Tales Of the North - Owned by weaklings.w3g
    31.7 KB · Views: 136
C

crazynut999

this was really good i liked it.. of course i didnt get very far but still i liked it.. also i didnt find any bugs but i also didnt play that long

snowtiger

Reaction score
Most of the time warcraft doesnt crash without the map being behind it.I could be like loading the 6 vallue of a 3-int array. (for example) That would make warcraft crash.

AceHart

Reaction score
Well, no, it wouldn't.

And, while I do agree that "it works for me" doesn't really help, I'm just equally afraid that "it doesn't work" doesn't help me much...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.