Target unit (or point) of current order?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Is there any way to get the target of a unit's current order, without saving the target in some horrible array :)P) every time a unit is issued an order and referencing it later?

Suggestions in GUI/JASS only please, there's no vJASS compiler/NewGen for Mac, nor a version of World Edit that can use the new hash tables.

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think you should create your own little system for that...
You need two unit variables (or 1 unit and 1 point) with array, and save the array index to unit's custom value.
The system should recycle non-taken indexes, so you won't run out of them. ^^ Will take you a few hours but it's not deadly difficult, good luck.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Oh wow, I didn't even look... So, the 1.24 patch for Mac doesn't update World Editor, which is all I checked before (it's still 1.20) - but apparently the WC3 files that get patched still affect it! I have hashtables in GUI! Glee! :D :D :D

Making an order caching system will be pretty easy. I'm still hesitant to start coding with hashtables until 1.24 is live, though. :eek:

[edit] Just needed to say again that I am happyyyyyyyyyyy :D :D Although, hashtables might make triggering TOO easy. Just won't be a fun challenge anymore, you know? :p
[edit 2] Aw HELL. Even though the GUI commands are there, WE is giving me JASS script errors when I actually try to USE THEM.
[edit 3] Wow, 1.24 COMPLETELY BREAKS the trigger editor on Mac. Even regular old non-hashtable triggers give script errors.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.