Tavern Issues

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
I read the guide on how to make a tavern, and I successfully made one. However, when I went ingame, the number of heroes were messed up.

I included 8 heroes and 4 of the heroes ingame would show a 3 for quantity and the other 4 would be in cooldown. Is there any way to fix this?

My second problem was that I didn't know how to "teleport" my hero to the map starting place. I placed a tavern on an island so that it would be out of the way and as soon as I bought a hero, it would be stuck on the island.

Thank you in advance for any help :)

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Simply go into the object editor and change the "stats - stock start delay" to 0, and if you want, change the "stats - stock replenish time" to make that particular hero become availabe again only after that much time...

Hope this helps :p

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
I went into Object Editor and the stock start delay was already 0. However, ingame, four of the heroes still had cooldown and the other four didn't.

Also, another problem caught my attention. The hero names in the tavern were not the names of the heroes that I put in.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
Stock Maximum: 1
Stock Replenish Interval: 0
Stock Start Delay: 0

These are my current settings. It doesn't explain why I would have 3 of one hero right off the bat and none of another hero.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
Yes, because when i choose the hero, the correct hero comes up. But in the tavern selection, the names and descriptions are messed up

Razed

Reaction score
You probably wrote 'blablabla' as name of type: Blademaster. And it shows Blademaster in the tavern, am I right?

Razed

Reaction score
Well, that is what it's supposed to do. So it's not messy at all. And you can also find the Hero-Type name in one of the fields at Object Editor and adjust it to your likings (same counts for description).

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
There is no way to change the appearing name in the tavern? I've seen many games across battlenet that have the names and descriptions changed.

Razed

Reaction score
I just told you that there is... Double click the fields in Object Editor and change it, then click on OK. Viola.

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
I just told you that there is... Double click the fields in Object Editor and change it, then click on OK. Viola.

Ah yes thank you.

Also, with a bunch of tweaking around, I managed to get my tavern to work correctly. (Not 100% but it works so im happy with it)

Back to my question: Does anyone here know how to get my units in the tavern to "teleport" to the starting place I want?

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Make Player's starting locations where you want them to spawn then just do this:
Trigger:
  • Hero Pick
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = ((Owner of (Sold unit)) start location)
      • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Sold unit)) to TempPoint over 1.00 seconds
      • Selection - Select (Sold unit) for (Owner of (Sold unit))
      • Unit - Move (Sold unit) instantly to TempPoint
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

Cfw_Master

Reaction score
Region Centered at ((Owner of (Sold Unit)) start location) with size (width, height)

What do I put for width and height?

Razed

Reaction score
Just create a region beneath the tavern and use;

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit enters <TavernRegion>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is (A hero) equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set TempPoint = ((Center) of <Starting Area>)
      • Unit - Move (Entering unit) instantly to TempPoint facing 0.00 angle.
      • Camera - Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Entering unit)) to TempPoint over 0.00 seconds
      • Custom Script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)

With this trigger, whenever you choose a hero in your tavern it will enter the region beneath it. And then teleport to your Starting Place. :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.