Team Fortress 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Exide, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Flare

Flare Stops copies me! Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    Well, I'm usually available to play in the evenings (~5:30pm GMT) if you're free :D

Ooh, any details on the server, or are they pretty much the same as in your previous posts? I've been looking around for alternative servers/communities to play on/with (the Rush Gaming servers are, usually, pretty awesome but select individuals can go a long way to ruining the fun :p)

2. PureOwnage

PureOwnage Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Oh I'd love to play with you guys. (Especially your brother Flare *Stalkerish-tone*)

However, I need to catch up with school work.

3. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    But not with me? :(

4. PureOwnage

PureOwnage Minecraft Server OP, Inactive.

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    It's just fun to hunt your brother down when he's sniping and I'm sniper.

5. Whitesock

Whitesock Graphics Help Zone Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    I gotta say, demo and scout have to be two of the funnest classes. :)

@Flare, I think that would be the middle of the day for me. :(

6. Darthfett

Darthfett Super Mod

Ratings:
    +614 / 0 / -0
    I've been pretty active for a long time, now. Been having fun lately playing reflect/flare/axtinguish pyro, as well as direct hit/boots/equalizer soldier. :D

7. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    Demo is a bit too easy to play at times (unless you're a sword/axe/bottle-wielding maniac with the Targe... :D). Fun, ye, but it gets a bit boring when you can regularly put yourself in a position to do great damage without being in the line of fire. Definitely have to agree with Scout being fun though, but it can be so damn tricky to play :eek:

!

Shotgun is way more awesome... nothing like shotgunning an annoying Scout :3 As regards your choice of rocket launcher, :thup:

Then again, I like both rocket launchers a great deal :D

8. Bronxernijn

Bronxernijn You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    I prefer the old rocket launcher. More splash!

9. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    Well, it depends on what the situation calls for - I'm quite partial to the normal rocket launcher when there is little oppurtunity for long-range shots (opening part of Thunder Mountain map 1, or the bottleneck after the second point on Swiftwater) but generally use the Direct Hit otherwise :p That, and it's extremely satisfying to gib someone who's right in your face with that lovely 25% extra damage (or just overpower a Medic's healing when fighting a Heavy)

10. Vellu

Vellu Real eyes realize real lies.

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Fine piece of work there.
    [YOUTUBE]Nds1T7U9FqY[/YOUTUBE]

11. Darthfett

Darthfett Super Mod

Ratings:
    +614 / 0 / -0
    I enjoy both rocket launchers, as well as using the shotgun. However, the boots are really fun for constantly rocket jumping and the Direct Hit can do a lot more damage, if you hit them. :)

12. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    The damage caused by the rocket when you rocket jump isn't that significant though, IIRC? I know that it's pretty handy for just bouncing around the map, but a good distance jump would probably cause more fall damage than rocket damage anyway, so you don't really negate a whole lot of damage, do you?*

Hmm, I really wish the Demoman had won the Soldier vs Demoman War and gotten the Gun Boats (Bomb Boats, since it's the Demoman, perhaps? :p, then I could have a far greater success rate with my dual sticky jumps (starting gates to point 2 on Badwater Basin is pretty sweet, although fairly impractical for the most part :D)

*I haven't got a very good idea of the rocket jumping damage figures, I think it's something around ~40 damage from the rocket, would that be about right? :p

If you hit them... while it's not as significant an issue anymore (although, I do have the occasional night where I can barely hit anyone with the Direct Hit), the transition from the Rocket Launcher to the DH is... frustrating :( Especially when you aim for the feet, and realise that the splash radius is tiny... :D

13. Vellu

Vellu Real eyes realize real lies.

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
  14. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    Wow, the weapons are pretty awesome (Black Box, the one which I was probably the most excited about, seems kinda bland though :() - Sniper set bonus is really awesome though (175HP and headshot immunity? :eek:), especially with a piss rifle :p

EDIT: Hurrah, got the Black Box and the Piss Rifle :D Looks like a new Soldier hat is going to have to wait a few more weeks

15. Bronxernijn

Bronxernijn You can change this now in User CP.

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Can you still get those weapons through normal play?

16. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    You can get them through normal playing, crafting, trading or purchase (but you can't trade ones that have been purchased)

17. Whitesock

Whitesock Graphics Help Zone Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +357 / 0 / -0
    I think I'll earn mine, it's more fun that way. :)

All in the travel, not the destination.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jindo

Jindo Self

Ratings:
    +462 / 0 / -0
    I LOVE the Degreaser.

Also in regards to Flare asking for server details, here is KJ's new IP: 89.238.160.143:27015

19. Flare

Ratings:
    +662 / 0 / -0
    Isn't it just 65% faster weapon switch (which is kinda handy with the Axtinguisher, I guess?) and 25% less burn damage? Seems a bit... meh :p

20. Jindo

Jindo Self

Ratings:
    +462 / 0 / -0
    Horrendously handy with the Axetinguisher, like you're unstoppable with it. My biggest problem when confronting people was that a vital shot that would kill my opponent failed because the weapon switch took too long and I am invetably hit first by somebody who already had their shotgun out (obviously this was only in fast-paced situations).

Plus I finally switched the flare gun back for the shotgun, currently the best loadout I've had so far with the Pyro.