Terraining - Dark Scenery

Did this tutorial help you make darker scenery?

• Hell Yes!

Votes: 49 40.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • A little...

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Not even remotely...

Votes: 15 12.3%

• Total voters

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Well, the rocks wouldn't exactly be random...
I'm just saying because the inner island looks good, but the sides look all bare and boring. Too bad you couldn't put like a dead body floating around in there.

Well, I made a haunted swamp/graveyard thing, and I used the impaled corpse model and sunk it so you can only see the spike and the bloody back :D

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Looks good, and about that "floating corpse", create a dummy unit with whatever model, footman look cool in battle sites, a peasant might be good there, make it flying, and at map intizt have a trigger make it play its "death" animation, it will sit like its dead all map long, then use a trigger to make it "fly" right over the water, mabey even get realy carried away, and when a player comes up, have it bob once, and jerk under water, then have a "head on spear" come up so just the head shows :eek: .

corvusHaunt

Reaction score
Aww, cool!

Then when you turned around there would be lot's of blood, and the whole river was blood, like if you went to Hell and it was full of blood, and that blood was on fire, and it was raining blood! And then you went to the store to get a gallon of milk and that was blood! Maybe that would be enough blood...

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
UnknowVector said:
Looks good, and about that "floating corpse", create a dummy unit with whatever model, footman look cool in battle sites, a peasant might be good there, make it flying, and at map intizt have a trigger make it play its "death" animation, it will sit like its dead all map long, then use a trigger to make it "fly" right over the water, mabey even get realy carried away, and when a player comes up, have it bob once, and jerk under water, then have a "head on spear" come up so just the head shows :eek: .

why a map init trigger? why not just set his required animation name?
it seems overly elaborate for what its worth =o

WastedSavior

Reaction score
B-u-m-p

i updated it (a few tweaks in the text to make it clear)
also bump lol

A

AK-47Pirates

Atmosphere

Finally atmosphere! I've never been able to find it

BTW, corvusHaunt, getting a little carried away with the blood, but I like the gallon of bloodmilk thing ;)

Anything.

Reaction score
Why can't you just make alot of dummy units with 'Locust' and 'float' movement, and the required animation of 'death'.

Then you can have the units stay there and do a cool trigger where when a unit enters region, make the units suddenly explode (most units explode into blood) and then do a trigger where you make the screen all red for a second, then tint all the water red / dark red and make a couple special effects here and there, like fire, and then create a fire doodad under it.

And maybe make randomly exploding corpses all over the place.

I think I just made a good idea for my map :)

And by the way, it looks pretty cool with your tut :)

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Anything. said:
Why can't you just make alot of dummy units with 'Locust' and 'float' movement, and the required animation of 'death'.

Then you can have the units stay there and do a cool trigger where when a unit enters region, make the units suddenly explode (most units explode into blood) and then do a trigger where you make the screen all red for a second, then tint all the water red / dark red and make a couple special effects here and there, like fire, and then create a fire doodad under it.

And maybe make randomly exploding corpses all over the place.

I think I just made a good idea for my map :)

And by the way, it looks pretty cool with your tut :)

Hmm, that would go under cinematics theme, not enviroment, dont you reckon. :D

WastedSavior

Reaction score
im kinda wondering how many people needa rate this awesome, or some other requirment, before its moved to user submitted tutorials? Oo

WastedSavior

Reaction score
B-u-m-p

is there any way to change the actual thread name?
ghost lake tutorial <-- doesn't exactly represent the tutorial so much, its more generic now.. not so specific.. anyways bump lol, i need more info, ideas, etc.. no more blood exploading cinematic things.. lol

WastedSavior

Reaction score
MeRcChRiS said:
Hey, i remember this tutorial, its pretty sweet. nice job wasted :D
yah i figured the one i wrote on andrew's forums was pointless.. no one goes there.. ever.. lol not even andrew, so i grabbed it, edited and posted here so it can actually be of use :p

I

ICedigger

Read the tutorial and did as you said and when i was done i got a dark scenery :D So Thanks ;)

A

AK-47Pirates

This is a really detailed guide, and easy to follow. It gave me a really cool idea for a map I wanted to make. Thnx :shades:

I

IrReLeVeNt

Great tutorial

Great tutorial wasted and it flows well and it all makes sense and it actually helped me get better at creepy terraining, keep em coming. :)

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Excellent tutorial, the picture looks amazing, i can use this tutorial for my graveyard in my rpg.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.