Terrible Save Systems

KillerChi

Reaction score
Have you played a game with a really bad save system? Has it affected how often you played it? How did it affect your play habits?

One game would be Deadrising 1 for the 360. The save system was checkpoint based, you had to actively seek checkpoints which were difficult to reach and find. When you died, you either return to your last checkpoint, or lose all your data and start a new game. I ended up playing the game a lot less as a result even though other than that, it was a great game.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Lots of NES games require you to copy down a save code :p.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Rolan's Curse I required you to copy down a code too (GameBoy).

The sequal saved properly, and one of its selling points was this "revolutionary" save feature (I suppose it was at the time).

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
i think MGS4 has a bad save system. you can save. but you end up at the last check point. which could be right after the boss

crystalguard

Reaction score
Gears of War 1... UGHHHHH it only allowed one save spot. so if you were.. say half way through the game on your solo play through, and you wanted to start over in Co-Op with a friend, you either have to start at the spot your at in your solo run OR overwrite your solo run and basicly start all over again

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.