Test map!

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
When i press the "test map" button (CTRL+f9), then it loads my map, and my map works, but when i exit warcraft 3, my screen goes black.. I find that very weird

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
if your map got many memory leaks it takes some time until your map can be closed.

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
That always happens when you close warcraft 3... I suspect it's to do with the resolution changing. The more active the CPU is the longer it takes for it to get around to fixing up the display.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
has your map got many memory leaks? if yes that could be the problem.

saw792

Reaction score
An hour? It would not take an hour... that's a computer problem, not a warcraft problem.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
could you upload the map? then we can see if we get the same problem.

saw792

Reaction score
Well you don't have much RAM at all, so that would slow it down significantly. Processor speed is pretty low also, and I think it is safe to assume it isn't a dual core machine so it won't be very fast. But still... an hour? I dunno.

demotry241

Don't Ever Categorize Yourself.
Reaction score
thats a minor problem...

just press alt+tab repeatedly.
given that you have 2 windows program running, world editor.. and other programs.

Jarko89

Reaction score
Well you don't have much RAM at all, so that would slow it down significantly. Processor speed is pretty low also, and I think it is safe to assume it isn't a dual core machine so it won't be very fast. But still... an hour? I dunno.

i play wc3 on a pc with 1.8 ghz and 512 ram with windows XP, and the game closes in 2 seconds. i used to play it on a pc with a 500 mhz processor and 256 mb ram and closed a bit more slowly, maybe like black screen for 10 seconds after playing a big map with leaks. no way, the problem is not hardware but software...

Nina

Reaction score
well when you want to exit warcraft press alt+tab or windows key then ctrl+alt+delete go to processes select war3.exe and click close process. This will close warcraft without warcraft trying to clear the memory first.

saw792

Reaction score
@Jarko89 I don't remember ever mentioning that his problem was to do with hardware... I merely gave him my analysis of his specs as he requested.

Weegee

Go Weegee!
Reaction score
This always happens to me I think it has to do with your graphics card. This always happens to me when I play a lot on Wc3 it just all of a sudden blacks out and I have to restart the comp so I don't think it would be your triggers unless this only happens whine you test your map

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
If the rate to leave the game (alt+QQ) is similar, it's because you have memory leaks.

Else, it is because your computer fails.

Make sure you have no triggers that loop every 0.01-0.02 seconds, these can easily be changed to 0.03 or 0.04 without even noticing an effect.

512MB is easily enough RAM.
Computer: 600 MHz processor or better
Memory: 256 MB of RAM
Video: 32 MB 3D Video card
These are the game recommendations (Frozen Throne). Requirements are even lower.

Nina

Reaction score
That's the standard requirements, as in for Blizzard's melee maps. Custom maps can easily use up lots more.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Warcraft III never liked to close or minimize or do anything like that on my computer in fullscreen mode. Try putting it in windowed mode. (There should be something in the Video Options). It makes it easy to switch tasks. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.