TFT Models in RoC Maps

Leo

Reaction score
Are there any limits to using TFT models in RoC only maps. I ask because I'm working on a map I want to be RoC compatible. I extracted the spellbreaker model from TFT and imported it into my RoC map. I then tested my map with RoC and the model worked perfectly in game. However, I then tried testing my map with a friend who only has RoC, but he was unable to see the units in game, they were invisible, while I could see them perfectly.

Any ideas on why this would happen?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
have you imported the skins that model uses?

Leo

Reaction score
yea i imported everything i believe, because the models were working for me when I was running just RoC. Anyone know all the spellbreaker files offhand so I can make sure I didnt miss anything, though if I did, than I shouldnt have been able to see the units when I was testing the map in RoC.

yes i removed the war3mapimported string...im not completely ignorant of importing, the units worked when I tested it in RoC (tft is installed as well)...but not when someone who just had RoC used it

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
its not really important which game you're running as long as you have them both. wc seems to read models from all mpq files inside its directory so you wouldn't notice if a skin is missing (and it certainly is if you just imported the mdx).

Leo

Reaction score
I imported bloodelf-spellthief.blp, genericglow64.blp, gutz.blp, knifespinningblade.blp. star5tga.blp, zap1_red.blp, red_glow3.blp, bloodelfspelltheif.mdx, and bloodelfspelltheif_portrait.mdx, any idea what I could be missing?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
what paths did you use for those skins?
also do not import gutz.blp, zap1_red.blp and red_glow3.blp, i think that they exist in roc (and maybe some others as well).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.