The Cigarette

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
"Someone told me you left town." Liz tapped her cigarette on the edge of the window.

"Who told you that?" I asked her.

"Does it matter? Maybe it was the police." She took puff of her cigarette.

"Shows what they know, maybe they are getting lazy."

"I thought you left town too, if I were you, I would've." She took another puff.

"If you were me, then you would have done the same thing."

"Well, that's really beside the point, Jeremy." She tapped her cigarette on the edge of the window again.

"Liz, could you stop that? Your getting ash inside. It's a pain in the ass to clean off the carpet."

"They'll find you, you know? The police I mean. As long as you stay here, someone is bound to see you." She inhaled more smoke and blew it out into the room.

"Seriously Liz, I can't stand that, cut it out."

"I met someone Jeremy. Someone who isn't running. We can't keep meeting like this." She tapped the cigarette on the window again, spilling just a tiny bit more ash on the carpet.

"Damn it Liz! I told you to stop!" It was infuriating! Did she have no regard for my home?

"Goodbye Jeremy, I'm leaving. I advise you to do the same." She exhaled one last time, blowing more smoke into the room.

"Get out, it'll take me hours to clean up this ash without a vacuum, not to mention air out the house."

Liz got up and left, leaving Jeremy alone with his frantic scrubbing. It seemed obvious that he had lost something important.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
It's obvious that the creative juices are pumping. I like this short scene.

Krys A Night

Writer
Reaction score
This is a great scene to open up with, though I think that you should definitely go somewhere with it.

It raises the right questions to keep the reader going to find the answers to those questions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.