Entertainment The Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Dies in Freak Stingray Attack

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A DOCTOR and witnesses have told of the desperate efforts to save Australian icon Steve Irwin after the Crocodile Hunter was struck in the chest by a stingray barb today.

Irwin, 44, died this morning after being fatally injured while filming a nature documentary off Queensland.

The news has shocked the nation and prompted a rush of tributes from politicians and the public alike.

Irwin's wife Terri was in Tasmania at the time of the tragedy and had to be contacted by police with the terrible news.

The couple's daughter Bindi, 8, was with her father in north Queensland, Irwin's manager John Stainton said from Cairns.

Choking back tears, Mr Stainton said Irwin had gone “over the top of a stingray and a stingray's barb went up and went into his chest and put a hole into his heart”.

"He possibly died instantly when the barb hit him, and I don't think that he ... felt any pain.”

Last edited:

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
:eek: :( ............ these are really bad news... when i was younger, I loved his shows... saw every single one...... :(

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
smith_s9 said:
:eek: :( ............ these are really bad news... when i was younger, I loved his shows... saw every single one...... :(

I really miss him already x(.

Never really watched his shows, but I remember who and how he was.. can't believe that in the end, all that killed him was a stupid sting ray :(.

~Jindo

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
Jindo said:
I really miss him already x(.

Never really watched his shows, but I remember who and how he was.. can't believe that in the end, all that killed him was a stupid sting ray :(.

~Jindo

http://www.comcast.net/providers/fan/popup.html?v=107323539&pl=106407557.xml&config=/config/common/fan/comcast.xml

That link should land you in a video about it. I watched almost all his shows when I was younger. :(

EDIT: I heard that the poison from the barb landed in his heart and killed him.

Reaction score
God damnit that show kicked all those wannabe shows out thier, I hope they still play the shows :(

Reaction score
Can i have a sig saying "R.I.P Steve Irwin. Septemeber 4, 2006." please. And why did it have to be a stupid sting ray, im gonna get 1 thousand fisherman and kill all of them.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I was informed this morning when I was fishing by some other fishermen. Man Im goin to miss him. :( <3

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
We should all use this avatar for at least a little while.

Attachments

• Steve_Irwin.jpg
    Steve_Irwin.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 389

Myzteryz

It only does everything.
Reaction score
I found out about his death while I was playing WoW. The Global LookingForGroup channel has finally stopped but god, everyone was talking about him. Positively and Negatively =S

Reaction score
"There are bad people everywhere, while good people are needed in heaven too" - Said one old lady on my father's funeral.

I can say the same about Stewe Irwin - from what I saw on Television, He must have been a great father and husband. Optimistic, Fearless, Speaing with his Exited voice, it has been not only Australian Icon, but somewhat related to superman. I saw this yesterday, just after these news were posted. My first thought was "How can it be? Steve Irwin is immortal, he couldn't die". Yet, he died, and I know atleast some of the pain his wife and children feel now.
Stewe Irwin will not be forgotten. He was a hero, and he will always be. We will remember him just like he was on the shows, not as an old man.

Rest in Peace, Stewe Irwin.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.