The Dark Angel RPG

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
THE DARK ANGEL RPG

Breaking open the tomb that once held him, he paused for a second as he flexed his hands and slowly opened his wings...so long had he been forced to stay in that accursed tomb, so long had his freedom been denied...now, they shall all pay... Rising into the night sky he gave a roar of triumph and gazed upon the earth below...they shall all pay...

The map itself, basically is a whole new world, where you can explore, do quests and so on, and within that world, you have to somehow, complete the main quest given to you. I will put items and such scattered throughout the world which you HAVE to find to be able to do the main quest, which you will most likely have to earn through other quests. Some of the items you need will be told to you in the beginning of the game, but others, you might need to ask villagers, or do some seemingly unimportant quests to get. And AFTER you obtain all the items or information needed, you may then go to whatever point I picked to finish the main quest. I'm also currently trying to fit a good storyline into this map, making it more exciting...but I'm kind of having hard time...

Ideas:

Books hidden in various places of the map that will slowly tell the complete
storyline.

Each character having his or her own role in the game...and own storyline.

Really cool cinematics! :D

Smithing, crafting and so on...

Some rather tricky puzzles like in Zelda...

Note: I will be using the Swords and Sorcery terrain so...if the terrain looks familiar then...

*No, I'm not actually trashing Swords and Sorcery, I'm just changing it, the ideas are quite different so...you COULD argue that I AM trashing Swords and Sorcery...hmmm

Rad

Reaction score
Sounds cool...

You should have some books have clues to the next book, and not just "scattered around" have bosses or obstacles in the way. Maybe have journals that are like:

Day thirteen of my journay I ventured upon a swamp. An alligator attacked me and ripped off my cape... I got one good hit below his neck and he ran off. My cape is out there somewhere...

Then have there be an alligator somewhere in the swamp and when you kill him drop like a cape of evasion (Wouldnt that be ironic?). Maybe you could lead them into other books too.. like have one you find say you were robbed by bandits and they took a journal then you gotta kill bandits for that journal :)

Zakyath

Reaction score
I like the idea... but I like Rad's idea too! You should have clues, so you can find new stuff.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
sounds good :)

just curious since you said wings...what model will you use for the dark angel or w/e
evil illidan maybe?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
lol i don't even want to imagine a priest with wings :nuts:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
yes but it simply don't look good on everyone :p

S

soulbad

Mmmm sounds cool. But the title sounds too similar to angel of death rpg.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Zakyath said:
Hehe... how about wings on Moantain King? xD
you'll make me sick :eek:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
ok back to the topic now...
what do you need help for (if you need it)? ideas maybe :) ?

btw YAY 100th post by me!

Arcane

Reaction score
Wow, people sure reply fast...I didn't expect so much replies...

Anyways, yeah, I need some ideas for the map, continuing the storyline, history and background for every hero I'm going to make, and maybe some random RPG ideas that I could use.

*I haven't really reached the hero creating part of this project, but you are welcome to submit any hero ideas, and so on...make sure to make a brief storyline for the character you create. (Please nothing dumb like, sheep hero or something...)

Edit: For the Dark Angel, I'm planning to use either evil illidan or transformed demon hunter.

Edited Edit: I haven't though much about the storyline (Still too busy with terrain...), so, some help with that would be greatly appreciated...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
massinfantry said:
Edit: For the Dark Angel, I'm planning to use either evil illidan or transformed demon hunter.
yep i knew it...i had the same idea for a map but oh well
sounds better than footman with wings lol

i'm not sure what exactly do you have in mind...will the dark angel be a good guy...or evil
maybe neutral...fighting for his own goals and his revenge

Arcane

Reaction score
Well. Isn't it quite obvious that the Dark Angel is a bad guy? He will be the last boss you have to face in this RPG, IF you ever get to face him...since I'm planning to make this RPG extra hard :D.

Now, what I need, is to finish the storyline, which I have absolutely no idea how to continue...because the story after his breaking free is actually made by YOU while you play the RPG...

Maybe the books put in the map that tell you the story will be telling you history, from when the Dark Angel was still free and had not been sealed yet, giving you hints and clues, here and there on who you are to face (Bosses, minions of the Dark Angel), how to defeat them (Maybe I will add some weaknesses?), and where they are...(Where to find them and retrieve the items needed.)

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated, items, (Unique ones should have history, others should have descriptions of some sort.) heroes and their storylines, (No stupid storylines please.) spells...(Custom spells please.)...town names etc.

S

soulbad

Make there be some ancient story line that happened way back in the past like a battle between a dark angel and a light angel and the light angel won but now the light angel lost power some how and the dark angel is out to kill it. Once it killed the light angel it cast a spell that says the only things that can kill it now are not the hands of a god, angel, demon, only the hands of a mortal human. So you have to venture off and go through its many tasks, then you eventually..yes, fight the dark angel.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
soulbad said:
Make there be some ancient story line that happened way back in the past like a battle between a dark angel and a light angel and the light angel won but now the light angel lost power some how and the dark angel is out to kill it. Once it killed the light angel it cast a spell that says the only things that can kill it now are not the hands of a god, angel, demon, only the hands of a mortal human. So you have to venture off and go through its many tasks, then you eventually..yes, fight the dark angel.

no offence but this realy reminds me of some other game (cant remember exactly but it doesn't sound so...original)

anyway now that i know what should i do i'm gonna make some basic story and PM it to you soon

S

soulbad

Originally Posted by soulbad

no offence but this realy reminds me of some other game (cant remember exactly but it doesn't sound so...original)

anyway now that i know what should i do i'm gonna make some basic story and PM it to you soon
Yeah I'm pretty sure i got it from some were too lol just don't remember were at. Ok well that was just an outline of what he could do any how. I'll come back to this maybe with new idea that is more detailed if i have the time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.