The Land Of Wonders -Part One-

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
The Land Of Wonders ORPG
Part One​

Hello​

Hi, and welcome to The Land Of Wonders.
In this thread I gonna represent my started and still unfinished rpg project, don't complain about tons of english mistakes I may make, I'm not so pro in spelling
A litle about me:
This is my first serious project [I also now developing Forest Frenzy footmen style map], and I'm putting my all skills and heart into it, working and learning how to work.
I'm not coming with tons of ideas for rpg, I'm coming with started and developed map, and all basics and systems I wanted to give into map, is already in.
I'm working fully alone, from start to end [for extended inventory system, I want to thank Viikuna], and I'm handleing map slow, but fine.

and now, before I start introduce of map, check out some map pics:

entrancewv9.jpg

csd36g7e3vqcspjehgnr.jpg

z154dqugp2zcgckzrvb.jpg

jqe6thhmp759wzfdjoz.jpg

1gyxt9e7u3mwccuuqh4e.jpg

gb4v4jhyl6azmh0s090.jpg

v2613qk181uinllsr4s.jpg

l6y3vn8v6a81ihbtw8wk.jpg

pbsqw0rdx7t0ccsi5v8b.jpg

Introducion

This is an orpg, and -Part One- means that map hero's max level so far is 20. Part two will come with lvl 40, and so on, max level is 100.
Some story:
After world has discovered the forgotten heaven land, this sensation has been the most popular. Many tryed to set a foot into goddes place, but land was as dangerous as pretty.
Only wathable from bird's flight, place was called "The Land Of Wonders"
The hardened universe criminals (classic ^^) called "The Chaos Guild" invaded the land, and spreaded pure evil around wonderland, called themselves masters of land. Green peacefull places has overturned into dark blight, heavy sand barrens, deep dark felwoods, water temples, and swamps.
Hundred years ago, a small group of villagers found a perfect opportunity to build perfect farm on heavenland. The settled on grassy sea shore, built a small village, and started to explore further and further. You are one from villagers, the new adventurer, who came to The Land Of Wonders. Are you prepared...?

Before this release, I made a thread with old tLoW (the land of wonders) version. Forget it, it sucked, and it is fully remade to new one, to this one
What to do here? Do quests, wander around world, take a group and visit dungeons, and ofcouse grind for gold and items.
Well, maybe the bad part is, that I will release demo after one or two weeks, couse I still need to change some skills, add items, and fill areas with creeps, also input 5 systems, that includes advanced save-load code (previous could'nt save more than level and xp with items).
Mana? What is mana? In this orpg, all is based on casting time and cooldowns, so no more worryes about ended mana

Heroes

mbrhpli382mriotm9y4v.jpg

Specialization​
In this rpg, you gonna meet the hero specialization system. When your base hero (Villager) reaches level 20, he is able to choose from two further classes (Soldier or Mystic) and each hero, after reaching certain level, and completing epic quest, will be allowed to choose from two different heroes
Customize you hero!​
Skins - When choosing hero, you will be able to pick hero skin from 4 available
Stat points - Each level your hero gets 4 stat point to spend - choose to train Vitality (hp + hp regen) Power (meele dmg + atk speed) and Intellect (spell damage + spell critical)
Talent Points - Each level your hero get's one talent point, allowing him to enhance proper skill, like increase hit points, damage, movement speed or attack speed
Buyable Spells - Instead of 5 primary spells, your hero has a Spellbook with 11 spells, each level you can train a certain amount of certain spells from trainer, allowing you to choose in what ability you want to spend gold.

Items

This rpg uses Extended inventory, and equipable items systems. There's 20 different item types, and 11 is equipable
Item classes is Rare Crafted Chanted Scripted and Nether
The better item is, the more stats it has.
Make items yourself - recipies are sold in shops, and reagents are droppable from creeps

Equipable Items​
List of items, and main attribute

Weapon - Damage
Shield - Block (evasion)
Chest - Armor
Head - Vitality
Gloves - Intellect/Power
Boots - Movement speed
Backpack - Additional inventory slots
Mount - Morph into fast creature, to get superior movement speed, but unable to fight [only obtained by sold recipies]
Talisman - Accesuar who gives multiple stats [recipies are dropable from any dungeon creeps]
Wings - Wings boosts good movement speed amount, gives movement height, and multiple stats [recipies are droppable from dungeon bosses, and reagents for recipies droppable from any dungeon creeps]
Soul - Soul gives multiple greater stats, and enhanses hero with additional soul - mystic unit who wanders around wielder, and casts ultimate powerfull spells to all nearby enemies [recipies and reagents only droppable from dungeon bosses, there are only 10 soul items in game]

Other Items​

Other items includes item-types like Quest, Potion, Pet, Seed, Food, Scroll, Reagent and Recipie

Creeps and Quests

Creeps​

As allways, here you will simply approach creep and kill him. But beware, they may use a spell on you, flee, or call others for help. Creeps are hard [4 creeps = low life]

Quests​

Simply approach near the unit with (!) mark overhead, read the quests story, and get to work, by doing quests you will learn more about tLoW, receive xp, gold, items, or even Soul recipie

Systems and Advantages

As I said before, this map uses systems like Talents, Stat points, Hero specialization, Quests, Skins, Mounts, Equipable items, Extended inventory, Wandering/Reviving creeps, 22 spells per hero[11 backpack and 11 talents], Arena, Zeppelin flight from one town to other, 3 different cameras
What will be done in 2 weeks: Improved NPC's AI - if village person doenst have a quest, or sellable item, he will go to his house for night sleep.
Pets - buy a cute frog or skink, or whatever else litle friend to follow you everywhere
Dungeons - theyre not completed so far
Dragon Invasion - Event when 10 unique dragons are spawned in random map places, kill them - they will drop unique reward
Chaos Guils Camps - As introduced in story, Chaos Guild is trying to rule the land. They will have few camps near village, and or they, or villagers will send a wave to each others base. Kill Chaos Guild member - Earn KillPoints for powerfull recipies.
Names - choose name of your character, it will be shown overhead
Guilds - Create your own guild, guild name will be shown over charname
Hearstone - Simmilar as in wow, returns you to home

What is planned untill full beta -Part One- releasal:

Save/load code, which saves everything.
Reputation system - By doing quests you will receive rep bonus, more rep - more bonuses unlocked - such as secret quests or secret uniques items

Well, I guess I've said all I wanted. Ty for reading, as I said non-complete beta for TH will be released somewhen in two weeks.
Hope ya had fun reading ^^

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Sounds a bit like World of Warcraft, except it's different in so many ways. I wonder if my RPG can compete with it ;) Good luck :D:D

P.S. The word you're looking for is tons, not tones. Just saying :p

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
This is sick! Your terraining is so nice, so much better than mine. Can't wait for this. Good luck!

Oh yeah, it's trapper. =D

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Damn it ^^ ty both for spelling notice, but im tired to fix the image, lets just say it is trapper actualy ^^
Once again ty for nice responds

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
The following is very off-topic:
Well, since you implied so nicely, I'm going to fix your entire post :D
Anything in bold has been fixed, replaced or added. Anything in italics is something that I can't understand and don't know how to fix. Any combination of these three features (bold, italics, underline) is each feature's meaning (duh:p). Anytime there is one of these: _, it means that I took something out.
Here we go:
The Land Of Wonders ORPG
Part One

Hello

Hi, and welcome to The Land Of Wonders.
In this thread, I'm going to represent my started and still unfinished RPG project. Don't complain about tons of English mistakes I may make; I'm not so good at spelling.
A little about me:
This is my first serious project (I'm also _ developing Forest Frenzy, a footmen-style map), and I'm putting my all skills and heart into it; working, and learning how to work.
I'm not coming with tons of ideas for an RPG, I'm coming with a started and developed map, and all basics and systems I wanted to give into map are already in.
I'm working fully alone, from start to end (for extended inventory system, I want to thank Viikuna), and I'm handling map slowly, but fine.

And now, before I start to introduce my map, check out some map pics:

Spoiler!

Introduction

This is an orpg, and -Part One- means that map hero's max level so far is 20. Part two will come with lvl 40, and so on, max level is 100.
Some story:
After the world has discovered the forgotten heaven land, this sensation has been the most popular. Many have tried to set _ foot into goddes place, but the land was as dangerous as pretty.
Only wathable from bird's flight, the place was called "The Land Of Wonders"
The hardened universe criminals (classic ^^) called "The Chaos Guild" invaded the land, and spread_ pure evil around wonderland, and called themselves masters of land. Green peaceful places have _turned into dark blight, heavy sand barrens, deep dark felwoods, water temples, and swamps.
One-hundred years ago, a small group of villagers found a perfect opportunity to build perfect farm on heavenland. They settled on a grassy sea shore, built a small village, and started to explore farther and farther. You are one from villagers, the new adventurer, who came to The Land Of Wonders. Are you prepared...?
Before this release, I made a thread with old tLoW (the land of wonders) version. Forget it, it sucked, and it is fully remade to new one, to this one
What to do here? Do quests, wander around world, take a group and visit dungeons, and, of course, grind for gold and items.
Well, maybe the bad part is_ that I will release a demo after one or two weeks, because I still need to change some skills, add items, and fill areas with creeps; also input 5 systems, that includes advanced save-load code (previous couldn't save more than level and xp with items).
Mana? What is mana? In this orpg, all is based on casting time and cooldowns, so no more worries about ended mana.

Heroes

Specialization
In this rpg, you're going to meet the hero specialization system. When your base hero (Villager) reaches level 20, he is able to choose from two _ classes (Soldier or Mystic) and each hero, after reaching a certain level, and completing an epic quest, will be allowed to choose from two different heroes.
Customize you hero!
Skins - When choosing a hero, you will be able to pick hero skin from 4 available.
Stat points - Each level, your hero gets 4 stat point to spend - choose to train Vitality (hp + hp regen) Power (meele dmg + atk speed) and Intellect (spell damage + spell critical)
Talent Points - Each level your hero gets one talent point, allowing him to enhance proper skill, like increased hit points, damage, movement speed or attack speed.
Buyable Spells - Instead of 5 primary spells, your hero has a Spellbook with 11 spells. Each level, you can train a certain amount of certain spells from the trainer, allowing you to choose in what ability you want to spend gold.
I stopped there for now, but I'll be back :p
Good luck:D

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Most people don't like to start out as a weak little villager that has nothing of interest. I suggest starting out with Mystic and Soldier.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
I still think you need some nice terrain fog for this map.
I dont have much time right now, but when I have, I can make you some kind of terrain fog -system.

Im not sure if it possible to change fog for local player without desyncs. But if it works you could get different fog for all players. Different areas would have different kind of fog. I could also use timer for smooth fog changing.
I tell you when I know more.

Good luck with your project !

T3rm1nat0r

Reaction score
ill do some items !!!!! what type, and like what sort of way must i put it in :p?

ill make some items and then upload them!

obucke

Reaction score
First of all i got to say lol! I started a ORPG called Land of Legends bout a year ago and thought of some pretty nice ideas for it but gave up :p didnt have the patience ... However u r WAAAAY better than me :) u have everything worked out and real original i may say :) id love to play it when its done :)
My only advice to you is :DONT GIVE UP !!! It may get on your nerves A LOT but dont. I made that mistake and regretted later. In trying to make up for it by going serious with map making. :) Check this out http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?p=697051#post697051

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
TyVm, people's nice posts is the best reward for mapmaker.
Yes I had a days when one thing screwed up the whole mapmaking, this was serversplit, doodad limit, multiplayer quests, and so on... Lucky after a much time this was figured out. Other thingie is when Bnet players just played 1 minute says this rpg suxx and leaves. After I ask "do you played any wc3 rpg before" they answer "no" lol...
Yep as I said once, "I will finish this, like you or not" [I think that was to Varine].
Thank you for answers

-------------------------
Best Ideas Comes When You're Not Thinking
The Land Of Wonders: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86883

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Overall it sounds cool, but their are a few things that I think you could do to improve this. First, like Oninuva said, nobody wants to be a puny villager. And although it might help to be a villager just to help people get used to the game, it would probably be best to have you change classes faster, probably somewhere around level 5-10. Also, I think that you should use a separate resource other then gold to upgrade attributes, because gold should be for buying stuff, and then priests and such would be out of luck because they wouldn't get as much gold so they couldn't upgrade their abilities as much. Other then that though, it sounds good.

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
Priests are as powerfull as other classes, Including healing spells. Villager ain't nor puny nor weak. If class change level would be lowered, then I would run out of classes, instead of 31 there would be 62, understand? As like in wow, spells are buyable.

-------------------------
Best Ideas Comes When You're Not Thinking
The Land Of Wonders: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=86883

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Well, the priest in theory would be less powerful then a warrior, because a priest wouldn't get as many kills. Less kills=less gold, which then means less money to level up abilities, unless gold is given to all nearby allies when a hero gets a kill.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.