RPG The RPG Project

Schyy

Reaction score
--HELPERS WANTED--

The RPG Project is an project to bring more MMORPG feeling to the Warcraft III engine. Of course it is not possible to bring an MMO to an 10 Player Map but u can bring a lot of the features. So i searched different forums for what is possible and what isn't.

And here is the plan for the map:

We all know, most of the RPG maps are only interesting if u don't know them.
If u have seen all the content in the map and reached the maximum level your hero can be it will be boring soon. So i decided to improve the 3 main things of a map to catch the interest of the player:

1. [The World]
2. [The Heroes]
3. [The Dungeons]

so lets have a closer look at each point to see what is improved:

1. [The World]
is the first impression of the map so it has to be very awesome to let people say "wow"
so here are the features:
-a pretty Terrain with much features like switches, hidden stuff and so on
-different difficult modes which can be chosen at the start to make the game play harder and the item drops better
-an advanced camera system which allows you to view the hero from all possible angles
-many different interface systems like a full screen inventory system which improves the game play
-lots of Quests which are split in 2 types: the main quests which are always the same and the optional quests which can be different each time u play
-different systems like gambling and open-pvp to give an alternate of slaying monsters
-hundreds of items including rarity, set items, and items for specific classes

2. [The Heroes]
The Heroes are the main part of a game... no heroes = no game!
i decided to make every hero different each other but balanced
and we all know ... if the ma is very big and long to play there must be an save/load code system
so here are the facts:
-6 different hero classes which can be chosen at the start (some of them are different at day and night)
-each class have 3 complete different skill trees with 8 spells in each skill tree which must be leveled with spell points
(so if a class is a healer or a dmg dealer is depending on the skill tree u choose)(you can also choose 2 or 3 skill trees at the same time)
-all attacks and spells are based on stats which means u can increase the power of ur spells depending on the items u wear

3.[The Dungeons]
Dungeons are very important in a good RPG map. And how would u find it if u can choose the difficult of the dungeon ?
-4 different dungeons which are only playable in groups
-2 kinds of dungeons (dungeons for smaller groups and dungeons for bigger groups)
-difficult levels for the dungeons depending on the heroes lvl (for example: high lvl heroes cant enter a dungeon for low lvls)
-challenging bosses which can drop very rare items

There are many more features...

Progress:

Terraining:[||||||||||||||||||||]
Scripting: [||||||||||||||||||||]
Modeling: [||||||||||||||||||||]

----HELPERS WANTED----

of course i could do everything alone but because of quality its better to make things with specialized people
i could draw all the needed textures my self but they would never look like textures of someone who make textures every day
so thats the reason to get more team members

We currently need people for following divisions:

JASS Programming
this is really important because i just started to learn JASS and our systems are very complex. i would take month to make them all work fine. there is one more reason to recruit an good JASS Coder... we need an complete new system I've never seen before (more information via PM)
so JASSERs needed for:
-Item creation (all items are written in JASS)
-Spell creation (like the items the spells are all written in JASS)
-System Creation (a full screen Spell learn system based on doodads)
-Save/Load Implementation
-Bug fixing (because we wanna start a good BETA and not a poor one ;))

2D Artist
-customize the Full Screen Inventory and Skill Selection
-customize the Interface

attached some Screenshots from the entry Terrain

I updated the Terrain

before
terrain2v.jpg

terrain1v.jpg

after
terrain2u.jpg

terrain1u.jpg

here are some screenshots of the camera view

cam7jp7.jpg

cam6zh6.jpg

cam5ms7.jpg

cam4nd2.jpg

cam3ks7.jpg

and of course u can turn the gamecam off but we will add an character follow

cam2tu2.jpg

cam1bo5.jpg

Attachments

• Terrain1.jpg
    Terrain1.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 428
  • Terrain2.jpg
    Terrain2.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 485
  • Terrain3.jpg
    Terrain3.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 458

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Wow i cant believe im only the second poster.. 1 the terrain looks amazing, 2 i would love to take terrain lessons from you!! 3 looks like mighty high ambitions, hope you can acomplish all of that, but looks like you already got the "pretty terrain" down! cant wait for a beta..

Schyy

Reaction score
Thank ya for ur reply

For the Terrain,
It looks amazing.

Thank ya but this is not the final terrain ... it will be updated soon

About the dungeon thing...
I think it shouldn't be High lvl heroes cant enter low lvl dungeons,
It should be if a dungeon has been complete you cant re enter it.

the idea is as follows... a dungeon must be a place to get a challenge and nice items as reward but if u are a low lvl (u can enter the first dungeon with lvl 10) and u got an high lvl in game which would help u in the dungeon it is no more challenge... so we decided to hold the challenge in dungeons and u can choose a difficult lvl right at the start of that dungeon so if its easy it is for lvl 10-20 and all chars above lvl 20 cant enter it to keep the challenge. but for those lvl 20+ who still need an item from the first dungeon (maybe to complete their set) they can enter it too but only with an higher difficult mode...
anyway ... the dungeon modes aren't implemented yet and their function could be different in the release version

If you need more ideas, suggestions and critic just message me on this forum or PM me.

i think all map creators cant get enough ideas, suggestions and critic ^^

1 the terrain looks amazing

thank ya :D

2 i would love to take terrain lessons from you!!

i could give u more than 10 tutorials to make such a terrain ;)

cant wait for a beta

sounds good and of course everyone from thehelper.net is invited to test this game in beta phase
but we need much time till we are there and i wont think about beta yet
we take every time we need to release a good map no matter how long this will be

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
instead of dungen restrictions, why not party restrictions? Your trying to base this off an MMO right? then why not make it so the players can form parties with each other where exp and mob drops are shared that way. If a high level acompanies a low level to a dungen, if the high level deals more damage then the party then all exp and mob drops goes to him/her, just like how it would in a mmo.
And yes that also invites those handfull of people who camp low mob spawns to piss new players off but if your trying to emulate mmorpgs, then its not a problem.

Also, stop useing words like good or awesome to discribe your map, start explaining in detail of what makes it good or awesome.

also for your camera shots, dont use a modified camera, instead use the game default one... unless your actually useing that camera angle in game...

Schyy

Reaction score
thank ya for the reply and the criticism...

instead of dungen restrictions, why not party restrictions? Your trying to base this off an MMO right? then why not make it so the players can form parties with each other where exp and mob drops are shared that way. If a high level acompanies a low level to a dungen, if the high level deals more damage then the party then all exp and mob drops goes to him/her, just like how it would in a mmo.
And yes that also invites those handfull of people who camp low mob spawns to piss new players off but if your trying to emulate mmorpgs, then its not a problem.

the thing is ... i think about fun for everyone and the dungeons are a very high part of the fun... i also think thats no fun if there is a high lvl boosting u through a dungeon and u didn't saw the challenge. so we decided to this kind of splitting groups... high lvls can help the low lvls or piss em off every were in the world except in dungeons...

also for your camera shots, dont use a modified camera, instead use the game default one... unless your actually useing that camera angle in game...

it isn't the game cam but it looks like the game cam ... we have a pretty nice camera system... u can see ur char from every angel u can wish... u can play in 1st person like an ego shooter or in 3rd person like diablo or something ... also u can rotate the cam 360° so u can see everything...

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Just a suggestion with the terrain, I don't really like the camera angles, even though it makes it look nice. I would LOVE a preview of the terrain from an in-game viewing angle. Also, from some of the angles and lack of fog effects it looks like the terrain is really jagged.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Why do you use Lordaeron Summer? That's one of the ugliest tilesets :p.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I could help with some of the Jass'ing if you want.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
As said by windex, the Terrain is avarage, but then again over an epic sized map one must prioritize where to place the capped doodads, a good thing is to spread them amongst destructibles and regular doodads, destructibles are rarely of use in an RPG, so remake some regular doodads into destructibles and push the limits.

Ofcourse if you can do everything you say it sounds like a good map, but so does many RPG's in the start, then they start dropping of function after function until there's nothing left. If you really want to go with it, do your best and the outcome will be great ;)

//==GooS

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Terrain looks decent, very good compared to most bnet maps. 'Tis a shame that the hero system is just like every other RPG. Here's a suggestion: Try making it like D&D. I don't think anyone has done that before.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
D&D, dungens and dragons
Started as a pencil and paper game where the dungen master facilitates what happens to you in the game.

Warcraft uses a D&D combat system, where you roll die and bonuses are added to whatever you roll (1 dice, 12 sides, 14 base damage will show as 1dice 12 sides +14 in d&d)

Schyy

Reaction score
thanks for ur replys,
the hero system isnt that clear at the moment but i think we cannot implant a system like d&d
the system is much more a kind like the diablo hero system with the 3 skilltrees + extra stats but i cant say much more at the time because we have priority on the mainengine.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
oh, why coudent you implant a system like d&d? The combat system is alredy in a simplified D&D format (dice rolling) i dont see how its gona get any harder then that.

would you care to explain the difficulties to incorperateing such a system?

Schyy

Reaction score
i thought about the round based system of d&d... and that would be much codelines that we need at the moment for other stuff... and i think the combat should be some kind of the original to give fast and inuvative fights like diablo and wow together

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.