Tileset Mixup

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Occasionally, when im creating the terrain for my map, ill, for instance, build a 1' high wall with cityscape - dirt wall as the wall type. When I come back to it, I usually forget to switch to the cityscape wall type - dirt and use the tiled wall texture type instead. Then ... strange things happen. :p The tiles get all mixed up, and one time the entire bank of my river was converted to tiled when I lowerd one square on it with the tiled texture selected, which looked really wierd :p. I know that edit - undo fixes everything, but im just curious as to why this happens. Is it a bug, normal, or simply a confused proccessor? :p

L

lordloki

Unfortunately because it is a "Cliff" Tile, world editor doesnt "END" each piece of cliff. Ironically it behaives more like water than water does... It extends beyond its graphical layout, which is why it will change for your entire river bank.

I've heard of people that say they can manipulate this, however i've yet to see a map that has it so you can "butt" 2 different cliff types next to each other without an adverse effect.

Maybe one day Blizzard will update that, however don't hold your breath.

If you go beyond an "undo" best thing to do is to remove 2 spots of cliff and re-add them with the right tile.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Cliff tiles don't behave properly, and you can't, for instance have a brick wall right next to a dirt cliff, they'll jsut split. Just hit ctrl + Z to fix it.

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Thanks guys lol, yes I did hit control z rather rapidly when my ENTIRE RIVER suddenly became a cannal in construction --- :p

Oh and conan, new hero idea at your site :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.