Time for more Hero/Spell ideas!

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Alright guys, i'm making another thread for hero and spell ideas for my multiplayer campaign/rpg. This time I know exactly what types of heroes I need.

NOTE: I only need one of each type, so i'll always edit this once a good idea has filled in one of the ones I need!

Mage heroes needed:

Fire (Spells only, already have the hero called Fire Mage (Flame Dancer as proper name)

Water: Hero: Naga Caster. Proper Name: Wave Caller (?)
Spells: Crushing wave - A shockwave/carrion swarm spell. It charges and gets bigger for up to 10 seconds before launch, but if the hero is attacked before then it will automatically launch anyways. The bigger it gets, the more damage it does.

Ocean blast - AoE minor damage and stun. Also summons a water elemental to the target position. (Not sure what I will do for the model just yet, but i'll figure something out)

Blessing of the Lake - Auto-cast on friendly target. Increases movement speed and armor. Also regenerates mana if close to a Magic Spring!

Magic spring - Creates a small fountain of life. Use triggers to every pick nearby units with the Blessing of the Lake buff near a magic spring, adding to their mana.

Ultimate: Tsunami - This is like a Thunder Clap with a MASSIVE AoE, doesn't deal so much damage but slows units heavily with long duration. I'm not sure of what model i'll use here yet either.

Storm:
Spells: Lightning Roar: When Storm dies, all enemies within range of 300 take Stat x Level of Spell + 500 damage.

Light (Probably a cleric or priest?)

Darkness

Summoning

Mellee heroes I need:

Tank

Paladin

Rogue

Auras (May have spells other than auras, but most if not all spells should help teammates in some way)

Ultimate: Blessings: All allies in 1000 range get 10% more movespeed, attackspeed, dmg, and hp regen.

Other Ranged heroes:

Archer

Hunter (Likely has a spell to summon a companion)

Gunner (Rifleman or marksman of some sort?)

Extra info: Note that spells should have only 5 levels, the ultimate should have three, and one stat boosting spell (The one that you can learn every level that gives you permanent + stats)

Please feel free to add any other hero ideas you may have, but remember only one hero of its type.

Also, you can make the hero yourself if you'd like, in your own custom map and give it to me (I'm not saying you should, I can easily make it myself.)

Custom Spells: If you'd like to use some fancy triggered custom spells on the hero, go ahead, but I need to know how to make it if it involves dummy units (I'm not a pro with dummy units yet). So triggers would be nice.

Thanks for the help in advance! Just feel free to post ideas for any of the things i've posted.

Edit: Also forgot, you can specify what model the hero is using if you want, or any custom models.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
Just an ability for a cast-able for a hero:

Confuses a unit and causes them to walk around aimlessly for X seconds.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Hmm, sounds alright, but what unit would this be used for..Maybe storm mage as some kind of shock or thunderclap? Or the aura mellee hero. Either way, pretty good idea, i'll note it down.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
I was thinking the darkness hero, if anyone. Maybe at the last rank, it'll turn the creature against its fellow units before killing it. Like a parasite sort of thing.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
Maybe adopt a style of characters similar to MTG. Each color has it's purpose and strong suits. Poke around in there, maybe look at some of the cards. It might give you an idea of what types of stuff is associated with each element/color. [I know, sometimes we find inspiration from the weirdest spots, but it's worth a shot.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
I do not wish to copy heroes from any other map or game, i'm hoping to have them all be quite unique. Thanks for the idea though, i'll use it as a last resort.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
Nonono, I think you misunderstood me. I meant looking at other games and seeing what they use, maybe giving you ideas on what to do with your fire, light, dark, water, etc heroes. I wasn't saying to copy by any means! Just to pull ideas from them. I've been scouring TD's lately because I'm making one for myself and need ideas for towers. I'm not copying the ones I like, just using their idea and changing it to fit my style and what I'm looking for. Just an idea.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
I might do that, but I don't know of too many maps i'd like to copy from atm..

Edit: Em, not copy, get ideas from. lol.

BlackRabbit

Reaction score
Who says it has to be a map? Look into lore of card games, DnD, other non-wc3 related video games. Ideas can come from anywhere, especially for things like abilities. It's always a good thing to look around at what's out there. The sci-fi/fantasy world is so huge ideas are always out there just begging to be pieced together.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Right, I understand what you mean now, although I think the people on this forum are even more creative than any card game from what i've seen. So i'll look around a bit, but i'm still waiting for spells and heroes from you guys too. Don't be shy, feel free to submit any ideas strange, stupid, or incredibly epicly awesome. :D

Necrach

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
For the water mage, you could use a naga (maybe with some fancy mage staff :D) and here for some ability ideas

Crushing wave - A shockwave/carrion swarm spell. If you can manage it, make it start upon cast, gathering strength for a few seconds before bursting forward!

Ocean blast - AoE minor damage and stun. Also summons a Water Elemental at the target position (if you cannot manage a dummy caster here, just create the water elemental on the target position and add an expiration timer to it :)) Stun duration and Water Elemental power should increase with levels.

Blessing of the Lake - Auto-cast on friendly target. Increases movement speed and armor. Also regenerates mana if close to a Magic Spring!

Magic spring - Creates a small fountain of life (like a healing ward but with some hp and fortified armor). Use triggers to every pick nearby units with the Blessing of the Lake buff near a magic spring, adding to their mana.

Tsunami - This is like a Thunder Clap with a MASSIVE AoeE, shouldn't deal so much damage but slows units heavily with long duration. I don't know about the effect here, but Im sure you'll find/import some nice water wave effect and maybe display it via triggers :eek:

Sorry that I do not have time to write the triggers for you. Shout and Ill help you some other day!

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
Alright guys, i'm making another thread for hero and spell ideas for my multiplayer campaign/rpg. This time I know exactly what types of heroes I need.

NOTE: I only need one of each type, so i'll always edit this once a good idea has filled in one of the ones I need!

Mage heroes needed:

Fire (Spells only, already have the hero called Fire Mage (Flame Dancer as proper name)

Water

Storm

Light (Probably a cleric or priest?)

Darkness

Summoning

Mellee heroes I need:

Tank

Paladin

Rogue

Auras (May have spells other than auras, but most if not all spells should help teammates in some way)

Other Ranged heroes:

Archer

Hunter (Likely has a spell to summon a companion)

Gunner (Rifleman or marksman of some sort?)

Extra info: Note that spells should have only 5 levels, the ultimate should have three, and one stat boosting spell (The one that you can learn every level that gives you permanent + stats)

Please feel free to add any other hero ideas you may have, but remember only one hero of its type.

Also, you can make the hero yourself if you'd like, in your own custom map and give it to me (I'm not saying you should, I can easily make it myself.)

Custom Spells: If you'd like to use some fancy triggered custom spells on the hero, go ahead, but I need to know how to make it if it involves dummy units (I'm not a pro with dummy units yet). So triggers would be nice.

Thanks for the help in advance! Just feel free to post ideas for any of the things i've posted.

Edit: Also forgot, you can specify what model the hero is using if you want, or any custom models.

Fire: Scorching Whirlwind: The caster summons a Tornado, that has more speed than the normal one and does dmg near enemies.
Water: Waves of Rage: The Water mage is now mad, making many, many waves coming at a target area [Stampede with waves].
Storm: Lightning Roar: When Storm dies, all enemies within range of 300 take Stat x Level of Spell + 1000 dmg.
Light: Blinding Shout: Only casters of pure hearts may use this, makes all enemies within range of 500 unable to do anything, even spells.
Darkness: Dark Grab: You blink behind your opponent trapping its eyes then you infect some Black Energy that gives -% ms/as
Summoning: Creature Fusion: Any unit in range of 100 that you summoned can fuse with another to fuse a stronger one.

Tank: More Armor!: Gives + armor then - move speed and attack speed.
Paladin: Paladins Pride: All the Paladins have pride to fight, gives attack and attack speed, and chance to summon another Paladin for 15 seconds.
Rogue: Stealth Training: Gives evasion, castable wind walk and blink [spellbook sorta].
Aura: Blessings: All allies in 1000 range get 10% more movespeed, attackspeed, dmg, and hp regen.

Archer: Arrow Punch: The archer takes an arrow and stabs it at the enemy.
Hunter: Easy Huntings: Pings the locations of nearby enemies.
Gunner: Double Gun Shot: Gives Multishot 2 targets.

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Thank you for the excellent spells and hero, last two posters. I'll pick out the spells I like and add them to the hero sections.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
(I dont have a name for him yet)
A Melee hero with very low starting health whos main attrubute is intel and secondary main is Str.
His skills are:
Backfire:
Whenever you are attacked you deal 20 x intel damage to every unit within 45 x str of you.

Flame Spiral
When activated your hero spins in a circlular path outward from his casting position dealing 10 x str to all units he comes within range of. after he moves away from a point in his circular path a flamestrike is left in his wake dealing 20 x intel to all units within 45 x str of the flamestrike position

Flame Spike
Shoots out multiple pillars of flame from different parts of your body creating a rotating X shape around the casting unit (which cant move while using this ability) dealing 25 x intel too all units who are within 45 x str of any of the pillars.

Blazing Spirit Ultimate
For 2 x str seconds you have a 1 x intel % chance to avoid attacks (max 75%) Every time you avoid an attack you gain ((1 x intel) / 5) mana

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
No blazing is the ultimate though :) its time relys on the units intellegence

Rakaesa

Reaction score
Nice spells except they are WAYYYY Overpowered. Like unbelievably overpowered. And the spinning one is a bit complicated..I'll see what I can do though. Thanks for the idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.