Time Travel

S

stiky

(Excuse language, it helps prove my point a bit)

Time Tavel would be fun but so many flaws in it. If we could, what is gonna stop a terrorist going back and bringing armies back from older centurys from when hitler and W1/11 ? What is gonna stop him? Osoma could time travel back and assinate any pres he would want. People could continually rob banks, Take money, back in time, take money. So many flaws, it would fucking anarchy on earth. I would be against time travel, even in a 10minute time window, still. There would never be peace. No one would be safe.
Eisntein said E=MC^2, But he is also the one who said you can not destroy or create matter. If what you said was true, Eilhal, Einstein contradicted himself with two different theories.

That statement is still true. But only a few years ago, they fused 2 diffrent atoms together making a new one.

Matter can be created. Everything can be created. all its gonna do is take millions of years to find out how, or so thats my theory.

Along with a magnet in space that will never NEVER lose its magnetivity you can do what you want to it, it will never loose it. They believe this type of magnet is on Jupiter. They are alo making a telescope that is better then the 2 on the mountain's on the Hawaii islands. These new telescopes will be able to see beyond our Solar system and hope to see other life forms in a diffret galaxy.

I believe in 100-300 years we will be making contact on new planets we hve yet to see. I can only hope we some day land on mars, to see the fuss.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

"The Mass of the universe is always constant."

How can this be possible if the Universe is constantly expanding at, what?, light speed?

P.S. I feel kinda nerdy having this discussion on the internet..rofl. Im only 15..

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Im also 15.

The universe is always expanding, stretching matter, not creating new matter.

THis is really maing me mad you guys. You cannot create or destroy matter. Fusing two atoms together is not creating anything, there is obviously a way to get them seperate again. (1+1=2 , 2-1=1).

Apostle O

Reaction score
Excuse my prejudice, but I think the average age on this forum explains why the discussion is going on for so long. I have already explained many time why times travel is possible, and yet people still try to make the same "points" that have already been made. Ex: "If we could, what is gonna stop a terrorist going back and bringing armies back from older centurys from when hitler and W1/11 ? What is gonna stop him?" There is a link to a site that also explains it. Time is not linear. There would be no consequence of time travel. It is a simple 5th-dimensional space fold and subsequent altered reality.

-Apostle O

Ozzdog

Reaction score
Thank you Apostle O, I was just about to post that. People are not reading the entire thread, and posting things that are entierly irrelivant to what we were discussing. I have had to prove like 5 times that matter cannot be created or destroyed.

Apostle O

Reaction score
I have had to prove like 5 times that matter cannot be created or destroyed.

I still claim that, by your definition, nothing can be destroyed, so it is pointless to even use that word. By your definition, "destroying" a house would not be complete if there were still wood shards or brick lying about.

I claim that bricks do not a house make, so energy, or even subatomic particles, does not an atom make. If you seperate the particles, you destroyed that atom.

-Apostle O

Rad

Reaction score
I think your mind is traveling backwards in time...

If your trying to use the light speed theory, I doubt there will evert be a way to travel faster than light speed before the world gets destroyed, whether it be war or a planet crashing into us...

Since there is nothing faster than light (supposedly), you would never get enough propulsion to go faster than it. Even if you had giant magnetics pushing you forward with some huge ion thruster, you could keep accumulating until your speed was faster than the magnetic waves.

The only way you would be able to time travel like that, would be to find a way to use light as a propulsion... but you could not go faster than light by using light, if you could go anywhere at all.

However, if we found a substance that could go faster than light, then the time-light theory would be questioned... And then you have another problem

Time travel sounds alot like religion if you ask me, alot of theory's make perfect sense but there is always something to contradict that theory. And besides, if at some point in time I found out I was wrong about time travel, and discovered a way, I would come back and change this post... Lets see if that ever happens

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score

That is some crazy shit. So theoretically, there are only ten dimensions with only one possible point.

Man, I always wondered what the fourth dimension was. Never thought it would be time.

I cannot comprehend the simple size of the dot of the tenth dimension.

My brain hurts.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
That is some crazy shit. So theoretically, there are only ten dimensions with only one possible point.

Man, I always wondered what the fourth dimension was. Never thought it would be time.

I cannot comprehend the simple size of the dot of the tenth dimension.

My brain hurts.

Well, there is also the theory that the fourth dimension isn't time, but actually a spatial dimension. This fourth dimension interacts with our dimension much like ours interacts with the second dimension. They're both interesting theories, really.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
Lol, both of them are barely understood by me.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

I knew my HUGE "Secrets of the Universe" pamphlet collection would come in handy some day. If you don't know what Im talking about, its this subscription thingy, where they 1st send you come pamphlets on space and theories and such every month, and a big binder to hold them all in. They are divided into different sections/topics. I have them all now, and I've ended up with 6 full binders of them!
If your trying to use the light speed theory, I doubt there will evert be a way to travel faster than light speed before the world gets destroyed, whether it be war or a planet crashing into us...

One word, tachyons. Tachyons are theoretical particles that move faster than light, though they cannot move any slower. Also, the faster a tachyon moves, the less energy it uses, allowing it to move effortlessly backwards in time. Tachyons are related to Einstein's Special Theory of Relativity. And like all the 'relativity' theories, they all come with loopholes. Here's one for example involving tachyons.
A homocidal terrorist has just planted a bomb in the UN building. Once he is clear of the scene, he presses the button on the detonator sending a tachyon signal to cause the bomb to explode. But the tachyon signal reaches the bomb before the terrorist has pressed the button--thus blowing him to smithereens and preventing him from sending the signal that killed him.
:confused: Confusing? Good. :p It's supposed to be.

SilverHawk

Reaction score
Lol, both of them are barely understood by me.

I have a lot of trouble with visualizing a spatial fourth dimension. I've had several friends (who claim to understand it) try to explain it, but no luck yet. :p

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Uh, I thought Einstein proved long ago time TRAVEL wasn't possible? :eek: :eek:

C

Chamenas

Time travel is half impossible. You cannot travel back in time. Therefore, the past is done, you cannot change it. You can, however, travel into the future. I will explain how.

Travel faster than light. You see, the speed of light is the one true constant in the universe. If you were to travel faster than it, it would "speed up". Actually, time speeds up, but not for you. So if you were to run by a beam of light, going twice its speed, it would seem to you to be normal. But you would be traveling into the future.

So there you go. Figure out a way to travel faster than light and you can go forward in time.
Not faster, even traveling half the speed of light propels you faster through time. Essentially when we move we move through time as well. The faster we go the more significant the movement through time is. And we don't know how to move back through time, yet, but ask someone 200 years ago about traveling through time at all and they would have called it impossible. It does bring up some logical questions, like "if you could travel backwards through time, how come we haven't met someone from the future" and such things. So we probably never will, but you never know.

C

Chamenas

Uh, I thought Einstein proved long ago time TRAVEL wasn't possible? :eek: :eek:

quite the opposite really. He proved that travel through time is possible, but only forwards so far as we know. WE travel through time right now, it's all relative so we're moving through time at the same pace so it doesn't mean anything. But if one of us were to speed up significantly, like half the speed of light, or near the speed of light, then we would travel through time faster, thus propelling us "forward" in time.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
I guess if time traveling into the future was possible, it is true that we all have set destinys. Im not quite how to explain this, ill give it some more thought, but it makes sense.

SilverHawk

Reaction score
I guess if time traveling into the future was possible, it is true that we all have set destinys. Im not quite how to explain this, ill give it some more thought, but it makes sense.

Not necessarily. If you follow the theory that time is a sort of a web, then this is not the case.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.