Time Travel

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
Aw, well that seems a little out of context :p

Yeah but I see what you mean. Time travel is a hell of a concept though. Pretty crazy stuff.

E

Eilhal

What you said would be the same as saying that drinking water destroys it.

well it does though:p because your body will break it up into H+ and OH- in order to use it in chemical reactions... as soon as the H and OH seperate it is no longer water. So... Drinking water DOES in fact destroy it.:D

How do you think that Sugars are created from starches? which explains how those huge molecules manage to make it into our bloodstream... because of Hydrolysis and Dehydration Synthesis.

EDIT: also what I said is an almost completly proven scientific fact

Tonks

Reaction score
well it does though:p because your body will break it up into H+ and OH- in order to use it in chemical reactions... as soon as the H and OH seperate it is no longer water. So... Drinking water DOES in fact destroy it.:D

How do you think that Sugars are created from starches? which explains how those huge molecules manage to make it into our bloodstream... because of Hydrolysis and Dehydration Synthesis.

EDIT: also what I said is an almost completly proven scientific fact

Drinking water changes its form. You are not destroying any energy by breaking it up into it's base materials.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
Really, you are both right. Water can be destroyed, but the matter that makes up water can't. Once water is broken up into H and OH ions, it is no longer considered water - the water no longer exists. Calling that water would be like turning a house into a pile of woodscraps, and then attempting to call said pile of woodscraps a house. Water is H2O (anyone know how to do subscripts? :p ), but two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom are not necessarily water.

Hopefully that should make sense.

E

Eilhal

They are if they are conected by convalent bonds:p or are those ones ionic... lol... well I guess it doesn't matter... if two H's and an O are connected then they are water... but as soon as they are Ions then they aren't water anymore... and Energy can be turned into Matter... unless you think you know more then Einstein:D E = MC^2

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
where you guys born with no logic?

I'll tell you the easiest way to time travel.

hold your breath. you traveled threw time. 1.3 seconds. there. your ALWAYS traveling threw time.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Why would you have to mention that energy and matter can be changed into eachother? Anyone who's lit a fire knows that = P

E

Eilhal

Why would you have to mention that energy and matter can be changed into eachother? Anyone who's lit a fire knows that = P

"Burn wood inside a closed container with some oxygen supply inside the container; the mass of the closed container and contents is the same before the wood burns as after."

That isn't changing matter to energy:)

Cited from: http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/aug98/897017973.Ot.r.html

By the way... I did not need to look this up to know it I simply wanted something backing me up so I didn't have to argue with anyone about whether I am right or not.

Apostle O

Reaction score
Alright, I have given up on most of the people in this thread. Time travel is dependent on quantum theory, and is far more complex than the basic logic of cause-effect. There are no time loops, there is no chance of a paradox, and our world will not be suddenly changed by someone time-travelling. We see things as they are in our present, not how they have been effected by any possible past. With an infinite number of possible timestreams, the likelyhood of upsetting anything of importance is so ubelievably small that I don't even want to debate it.

The multiverse persists.

-Apostle O

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Alright, I have given up on most of the people in this thread. Time travel is dependent on quantum theory, and is far more complex than the basic logic of cause-effect. There are no time loops, there is no chance of a paradox, and our world will not be suddenly changed by someone time-travelling.

And if something were to change, we wouldn't know, because you changed the past, therefore we would be "brought up", so to speak, with those new "changes". It would seem normal for us. Or all we know, someone could have already gone back in time and changed something, we would never know.

Though I agree with you, Apostle, I do believe in the multiverse. :)

Apostle O

Reaction score
Yes and no. If they go back and change it, there will be two different splits of an infinite number of time streams. So, we will either be in the one where it changed, or the one where it didn't. In either case, we wouldn't know any different unless the time traveler in question made it clear to humanity that he was a time traveler.

-Apostle O

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Yes and no. If they go back and change it, there will be two different splits of an infinite number of time streams. So, we will either be in the one where it changed, or the one where it didn't. In either case, we wouldn't know any different unless the time traveler in question made it clear to humanity that he was a time traveler.

-Apostle O

Multi-Dimentional. Splits into an infinite X = Pow^X. We are already existing on other dimentions.

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
If I could travel in time, I wouldn't travel much back-time. It wouldn't be good, for example. I travel back and kill Hitler before he starts WW2, maybe it would break out now, and I guess it would be more terrible for all these new weapons invented. Not to talk about nuclear bombs. (Yeah, I know, the used it in WW2)

But anyway, if I could time Travel, I would travel to the future and see how it looked like, and it would be really hard for me to resist to travel back to the past and see some things, like how the egyptians build the pyramids, Roman legions, The first "people" on earth and such.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
I wouldn't travel anywhere in time. Why? Cuz you wouldn't be able to understand a bloody thing people were saying. Seriously, even go back only like 400 years, and the english would probably be complete gibberish to our modern-dialect minds.

Or into the future-LAWL.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
If I could travel in time, I wouldn't travel much back-time. It wouldn't be good, for example. I travel back and kill Hitler before he starts WW2, maybe it would break out now, and I guess it would be more terrible for all these new weapons invented. Not to talk about nuclear bombs. (Yeah, I know, the used it in WW2)

But anyway, if I could time Travel, I would travel to the future and see how it looked like, and it would be really hard for me to resist to travel back to the past and see some things, like how the egyptians build the pyramids, Roman legions, The first "people" on earth and such.

We can not go back in time.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Impossible to know tbh.

Actually, we are using small speed for the Time Travelling (6x only). To go back in time, we should Travel a new world, which is actually imposible with the theory of the Transposed Parallel Worlds (TPW).

Tomorrow I am going to talk about some teachers in Todai to get more informations. They'll give me more informations about Time Travelling. It should be nice.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.