Time Travel

Reaction score
"theory of the Transposed Parallel Worlds (TPW)."

That's right. Theory.

According to some theories, we are evolutioned Dinosaurs.

Really, it's not a fact after all, just a theory.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Guys, for all we know, they could have already figured it out. But do you think they are going to tell us? No, it would break out worldwide chaos...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Guys, for all we know, they could have already figured it out. But do you think they are going to tell us? No, it would break out worldwide chaos...

That's what the government wants you to think. They created the conspiracy to hide the fact that it's really reptile monster men from planet zebes traveling the time stream to destroy all our sweet, sweet bananas. (I love bananas)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> but as soon as they are Ions then they aren't water anymore
It's not water, but it isn't destroyed either. At least if you take "destroyed" as something that cannot be reversed. And those ions can combine and form water once again...

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Really, you are both right. Water can be destroyed, but the matter that makes up water can't. Once water is broken up into H and OH ions, it is no longer considered water - the water no longer exists. Calling that water would be like turning a house into a pile of woodscraps, and then attempting to call said pile of woodscraps a house. Water is H2O (anyone know how to do subscripts? :p ), but two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom are not necessarily water.

Hopefully that should make sense.

It is impossible to destroy or create matter PERIOD

Unless some super natural force was to impose it

e.g. The Big Bang.

p.s. even if you do not beleive in some kind of god, a Super Natural did create the universe"s". I read a very interesting in Time magazine called "Science vs God". You should read it.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
>It is impossible to destroy or create matter PERIOD
Not really, matter can be transformed freely* to energy and back again. So unless you declare energy to be a type of matter your statement is wrong.

*Freely in theory.
Do some searches for "particle accelerator" or "matter to energy" or have a look in a semi high grade physics book.
I also found a rather good and reliable internet source that explains a few of the problems.
http://imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/ask_astro/answers/970724a.html

E

Eilhal

Unless some super natural force was to impose it

It is possible to create and destroy matter though! E=MC^2

ENERGY EQUALS MASS TIMES THE SPEED OF LIGHT SQUARED

Do a search on google... matter can be changed to energy... for an example...

take 1 gigawatt worth of power (I appologize if that is the wrong number:p ) which is enough to power a medium sized city for one year... If you use a Coal Power plant burning all year long... and you contain all the ash and gases that leave the plant at the end of the year you will be missing 350 grams of coal compared to the tonnage that you put in... that isn't much but that is how little matter it takes to make a large amount of energy... the speed of light is 300,000,000 m/s (hope I am getting these numbers right... I'll feel stupid if I'm not) then you square that... 90,000,000,000,000,000 m/s... then you multiply that by the mass of 350 g. Then you can see how easily that could equal one gigawatt of power... no don't hold those numbers 100%... but you get the idea. Matter is destroyed to make energy... and it can go the other way as well

It's not water, but it isn't destroyed either. At least if you take "destroyed" as something that cannot be reversed. And those ions can combine and form water once again...

What I am saying CAN be reversed though... Energy into matter and then matter into energy.. so by what your saying... I guess the Energy wasn't destroyed... but it isn't energy anymore either

Ozzdog

Reaction score
Actually I think scientists are trying to prove that heat which is a wave actually does have an extremly small mass. therefor being matter, only so much matter can exist.

Eisntein said E=MC^2, But he is also the one who said you can not destroy or create matter. If what you said was true, Eilhal, Einstein contradicted himself with two different theories.

Reaction score
"But he is also the one who said you can not destroy or create matter"

Well...
Theorically, you can, but the ammount required to create a single gram of matter would be a very large sum.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Travelling Time.

Think you are in a space rocket to anywhere in the universe at the speed of light (186,000 miles per second, theory : imposible), for 2 years. Then go back to your home at the same speed, and weirdly, 200 years will have passed on our land. If you want to go back, we are sorry to say that the Theory of the Transposed Parallel Worlds (TPW) unallows this. According to relativity, you can only move through time in one direction.

Lets get 4 distances :

1 : Proxima Centauri (~4.2 light-years)
2 : Alnilam (~1,340 light-years)
3 : Bellatrix (~470 light-years)
4 : Rigel (~775 light-years)

If someone that is 1 year old at start goes to the X direction then go back, we will result on years at 99.99% speed of light :

Code:
X   Traveller (years)  Earth (years)
1 : 1.33               24.65
2 : 46.26              3201.32
3 : 14.29              941.09
4 : 26.46              1801.18

See the differance of years? Because the speed, it does that.

Why 99.99% speed of light and not 100%? According to Einstein's special theory of relativity, objects gain mass as they accelerate to greater and greater speeds. Now, to get an object to move faster, you need to give it some sort of push. An object that has more mass needs a bigger push than an object with less mass. If an object reached the speed of light, it would have an infinite amount of mass and need an infinite amount of push, or acceleration, to keep it moving. No rocket engine, no matter how powerful, could do this. In fact, as far as we know, nothing can exceed the speed of light. And since time can slow down but never goes backwards, there's no way you could grow younger.

The "simple" formula to calculate time is :

st = et x SquareRoot(1-(v-c)^2)

st = Ship Time
et = Earth Time
v = Velocity of the Ship
c = Speed of Light

Get a basic concept :

You're on a train that's moving forward at 300 miles p/h. You throw a ball in the direction that the train is moving. Relative to you and the train, the ball leaves your hand travelling at 120 miles p/h. All you have to do is add the speed of the train (300 miles p/h) and the speed of the ball (120 miles p/h), which leads to 420 miles p/h.
Again, you're on a train. This time, though the train is moving much faster at 93,000 miles p/s. And instead of throwing a ball, you turn on a flashlight.
270,000 miles p/s should make sense, shouldn't it? After all, you added velocities to get the correct answer. That doesn't work here, though. Relative to an observer, the light is moving at 186,000 mps. This has proven to be true through many experiments over the years.
Relative to a man on a train, the light is moving ahead at 186,000 miles p/s, just as it is for the observer outside the train. The speed of light remains constant for all observers.

Is there any solutions?

Velocity (Speed) equals Distance travelled divided by Time : v = d/t
Because we are speaking about the "v", the speed of light is ever around 186,000 miles per second.
What then? Time is now able to depend on the Velocity and the Distance, which leads to the formula : t = d/180,000 miles

Time Travel works only on speed, and never instantly.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Well, I know that the faster you go (even if it's not close to the speed of light), time slows down. It was proven in an expirement where they took an atomic clock, stationed on the ground, and synced (spelling?) it with another clock on a jet plane. The plane then flew around the world at normal speed for a jet, and when it returned, the time on the clock that was on the plane was slow by about 5 minutes.

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Untrue. You can destroy matter, by introducing it do anti-matter. This unleashes HUGE amounts of energy.

Sorry for double post. Didnt know how to put an actual quote in an 'edit'.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
So, what you're saying is that matter goes away, and you are left with energy?

Sounds to me like it's just being converted from matter to energy...

... in which you get destroyed.

Well, I know that the faster you go (even if it's not close to the speed of light), time slows down. It was proven in an expirement where they took an atomic clock, stationed on the ground, and synced (spelling?) it with another clock on a jet plane. The plane then flew around the world at normal speed for a jet, and when it returned, the time on the clock that was on the plane was slow by about 5 minutes.

Bah? A jet is only up to 3,000 miles p/h whereas the speed of light is 180,000 miles p/s. Time will differ by only some ms after some years.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
>>... in which you get destroyed.

It does not get destroyed just turned into a way smaller unit. Enegery (a wave) actuaky has a small mass and volume.

Apostle O

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but by your definition of "destroy" nothing can be destroyed, so we might as well remove it from our vocabulary.

-Apostle O

D

Dr4gonL0rd

So, what you're saying is that matter goes away, and you are left with energy?

Sounds to me like it's just being converted from matter to energy...

I actually came upon this doing a research project on Einstein. I coudn't find the actual sources I used, but here's a tidbit from my paper.
More on the nature of the Special Theory, it suggests that a huge amount of energy could be found within any particle of matter. This also explains how an atomic bomb is possible. From this prediction, Einstein formulated the all-famous equation: E=mc2, meaning energy equals mass times the speed of light (in a vacuum) squared. E=mc2 predicts that the amount of energy equivalent to 1 gram is so much that it could power 100,000,000 light bulbs for and hour!!! Though, we do not know how to release this amazing amount of energy with normal matter. We do know that we could release this incredible energy with antimatter. Antimatter is normal matter, but with all its electrical charges switched. The way that we would release the energy with antimatter is that when matter and antimatter meet, a huge explosion of radiation occurs. So, unfortunately (and fortunately!) there is a very miniscule amount of antimatter in the universe for us to use. The Special Theory of Relativity also suggests that space and time appear relative, in example, is a train goes as fast as the speed of light (or any speed), it will appear to slow down and get shorter and heavier from a stationary standpoint. This is one of Einstein’s best work, and it changed the world significantly, by opening up new ideas, that showed us a potential new energy source; one that would never run out.

Ozzdog

Reaction score
Here we go, i thought of an easier way tosay that ou cannot destroy anything. This is true, you cannot deny it.

"The Mass of the universe is always constant."

E

Eilhal

Actually I think scientists are trying to prove that heat which is a wave actually does have an extremly small mass. therefor being matter, only so much matter can exist.

Eisntein said E=MC^2, But he is also the one who said you can not destroy or create matter. If what you said was true, Eilhal, Einstein contradicted himself with two different theories.

You can take it as him contradicting himself but I look at it more like this (after revising my thoughts) that he believed (and I do now also) that energy and matter are one in the same... adding more energy to something WILL add to it's mass... but the amount of energy required to create mass is so immense that it is hardly noticable...

I believe that energy is another state of matter... you have 5 states of matter. I will list them in order of increasing energy: Solid, Liquid, Gas, Plasma, and Pure Energy.

Now how all of this relates to time travel:) I belive what I am about to say has already been said... So I'll try to keep it short (I'm not very good at that though)

In order to stop time for yourself you would have to have an infinetly increaseing amount of energy (this is also where the point of my own thread on black holes will come into play if anyone here has gone to it) The only place where that can be found is in a singularity in the center of a black hole. When you enter a black hole the immense gravity (which is constantly increasing) would smash your body down into the singularity giving you an infinte amount of energy. Since you ahve an infinte amount of energy to match your infinitly growing mass you would acheive the speed of light... since everything is relative to the speed of light time would stop for you because you are relative to the light which you are traveling with. Time would pass for you (or you crushed mutilated corpse in the singularity) but everyone else would see you as frozen in place. You would have succeded in stopping time. You can never go back in time though, because to do that you would have to exceed the speed of light. To do so you would need an energy source that would not increase your mass, but since Matter and Energy are one in the same that is not possible.

You can also travel forward in time. By achiveing almost the speed of light time would appear the same for you, but to everyone else you would be invisible. You would be traveling away from them at almost the same speed as light is moving towards them reflected off of you.
If they are at Point A and Point B is a light source and Point C is you it would work like this

Light leaves point B at 186,000 miles per second and you are traveling at 93,000 miles per second. Half the speed of light. so it takes the light twice as long you reach you as it normally would. then that light must reflect back to the person at point A taking a normal amount of time. When this occurs at any given point 1/2 the amount of light is reflecting off of you and because of that you would appear to be faded (if they could somehow see you moving that fast) if you were to increase you speed to 185,999 miles per second then only 1/186,000 the amount of light would hit you. That means that you would be almost completly invisible because almost no light is reflecting off of you (relative to the observer) but you would see yourself normally because you are moving with the light so light from a point D on your body would taket he same amount of time to travel to your eyes no matter what speed you are moving. Also you would pass through almost no time because the speed of light must remain constant to you. So what to you would seem like 1 year could in reality be a hundred years.

Just for fun... laugh at these people lol
http://www.timetravelfund.com/

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.