Time Travel

Reaction score
This is an interesting discussion.

My two cents are:

Fro mmy point of view, time travel IS possible, but I'd give 90% that yo ucan't change anything. Why? Well, I do not know how the future will be, but I think it would be possible to make a thing called "Inastant Evolution".

I'll explain my idea:

Basically, if you travel by time and can change the past, this means you could share, for example, theory of star systems (Sun and planets circling around it) with ancient egyptians. But then, Egyptians would probably not believe.

If you would bring something like inter-stellar spaceship, they would just call yo ugod somethign and still don't get it. Thus, that is why it is possible that this kind of effect *has* started at some point of future civilization, but we are still living because there are no time travels possible of changing future to current time.

Also, I say no time travels possible of changeing current time only because I think they are possible. Have you ever heard of a thing called OBE? Out of Body Expierence, if more exactly.

Well basically, you may belive in it or you may not and stuff, that's your opinion and this thread ain't about OBE's, so let's not start a discussion about it.
What I wanted to say by mentioning OBE's, that it actually doe's shift you to diffirent time - for example, by going to OBE tonight and then visiting your friend that returned yesterday night from vacation in Tropical Isles/Canada/space/whatever, you find him to return in front of you. Not sure about future, but as for past it is possible to see things that happened and exactly as they happened (depending if yo usee everything clearly or not)

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> There is no way to travel faster than light. And probably, never will be.
You know, the same thing was said about sound. "There is no way to go faster than sound". But then woah, light moves faster. Sorry, we were all wrong, lets just change everything.

> You can create and destroy energy though
> All you have to do is change it's form.
Changing its form isn't the same as destroying/creating. It is impossible to do that, at least for what is known now. What you said would be the same as saying that drinking water destroys it.

BlueSin

Reaction score
Time Travel is impossible it contradicts itself. If it was ever possible in history, be it 100 years from now, or 1000000000, we would know, since we would have already seen people that traveled back through time. :nuts:

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Time Travel would be considered dangerous if you went back to like 3 days ago, but if I could use time travel, I'd probably take things from the future and claiming to invent them 1000 years or so earlier :D.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Time Travel would be considered dangerous if you went back to like 3 days ago, but if I could use time travel, I'd probably take things from the future and claiming to invent them 1000 years or so earlier :D.

Totally wrong. Travelling Time will create that thing that kills all of us, and also, it will seperate the world into two worlds. Because you need two worlds to do a Time Travel. Result : 5 Dimentional Array World.

1D : Horizontal
2D : Vertical
3D : Distance
4D : Time
5D : Derivation

Not possible at all without speed.

BlueSin

Reaction score
You're thinking about it wrong. It has nothing to do with 'speed', it's just simply an impossible idea.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
It seems to me that to travel back in time you would need to make all the particles in the entire universe do exactly what they SHOULD NOT be doing to set them back to a certain time, while isolating you from it all.

Traveling to the future seems more of a possibility, but any amount that matters requires you to move at rediculously high velocities that could only be reached by harnessing the flying spaghetti monster.

Reaction score
Well, I can say that there will be always 2 main points of view: The scientific - Reach the lightspeed, order the particles etc. But you know, if it is possible to "teleport" (Well.. move at lightspeed) objects small distances now, what will be possible in future (Of course, if we do not destroy ourselves by polluting earth/wars/plagues etc.)?

...and the second point of view - call it however you want, the most exact would be, probably, belief. Just don't try to understand how scientifically, just understand it is possible. And it will be. Simple.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Except that you wouldn't need the speed if we found some way to put someone in and bring them out of some sort of cryo-storage.

Apostle O

Reaction score
It is odd to note that my post seems to be compleely ignored here. Is it because it was too long? Should I simplify it for this discussion?

If time is a ripple, rather than a line, then time travel is easily possible. Also, being that you are not defined by the past, but rather you are defined by the present, changing anything in the past will have no effect on you. It will only effect the future of that part of the ripple.

If you still don't get it, maybe I should draw a diagram, or learn some 3D modeling.

EDIT: And as for the light-speed/cryo-freezing ideas, you aren't actually traveling through time. You are simply changing your perspective, and as such it seems like you traveled through time. In either case, you sould still be killed without even knowing it because of what happens in the "regular" time stream. Ex: in cryo storage, someone pulls the plug, and you die. In light speed, you happen to hit even the smallest piece of space debris, and the collision utterly destroys you.

-Apostle O

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Because you need two worlds to do a Time Travel.

Travelling back in time would essentially create a parralell (or *new*) universe if the multiverse theory is true.

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
Hmm. I'd say if time travel were possible, that would be a worldwide catastrophy. Think of all the things that people could go back and "fix".

Saving Hitler's life.

Pre-warning the Japanese on the Hiroshima bombing (STUPID THING TO DO ON AMERICA'S PART i.m.o.), which may cause a huge uprising against us.

On the other side, what if we could go back to the past, and give present technologies to scientists or engineers and such like that? They could take the technology, and begin to develop it years in the past, which could essentially advance them hundreds of years earlier, making our present civilization even more advanced than it already is.

But all in all, I say that whoever invents a working one should be killed, and the machine and everything relating to it destroyed immediately. We should just enjoy what we have now. Seems that most of us are greedy enough as it is without meddling things up in the past.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Travelling back in time would essentially create a parralell (or *new*) universe if the multiverse theory is true.

The multiverse theory as you said is already true. We are existing as same images in parallel worlds, but doing an another action as we are doing now. Parallel Worlds are infinite, because of the exponential Pow^X.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
You sure will need a time machine, if you continue to waste your time on that topic. :p

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
The multiverse theory as you said is already true. We are existing as same images in parallel worlds, but doing an another action as we are doing now. Parallel Worlds are infinite, because of the exponential Pow^X.
Theories can not be proven true. They exist until someone can disprove them.

When speaking of parralell worlds, it's kind of impossible to disprove that, and some stuff shows that the theory is true.

It's also impossible to prove it as a fact, as we would need to enter of the paralell worlds to know if it was right or not.

Corleone

Reaction score
If time travel is possible then there couldn't be such a thing as a soul, because if a person is sent back in time and dies 100 years before his birth and is still reborn 100 years later because of the endless loop you'd need 2 exact same souls for that person, as he would travel back in time again. I love endless loops, unless they're in WE. :nuts:

Mer_de_Noms

Certified Badfish
Reaction score
Did you not read Apostle O's post? You can't change things from the past, if it were to happen.

There are a lot of "if's" in his post.

So there's no saying what we can and cannot do with the past if time travel were possible, because we haven't done it yet.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.