Titles at a sort amount of reputation

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Suggestions and bugs

1.) May I suggest adding a feature close to that of www.wc3campaigns.com? A feature that allows users to change the tile below their names to that of something else when they get a certain amount of reputation points?

2.) It won't let you delete certain posts like posts that begin a thread. This can be very annoying when you've made a threqd you do not like but you cannot delete it.

3.) This might be a bug or intentional, but when you change the title of threads the thread title doesn't change, only the title in the post does.

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
For 3, only mods/admins can change the post title in the listing after it has been submitted.

For 2, don't post threads you don't like, watch for duplication of threads, and use the preview button to see what it is you're going to post before you submit it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, allowing users to delete their own threads was a bug in the forum conversion. If you want to delete a post just go in and edit it blank.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
It won't let you edit it blank. You have to have a certain amount of letters in it in order to submit it.

Logical_1 said:
For 2, don't post threads you don't like, watch for duplication of threads, and use the preview button to see what it is you're going to post before you submit it.

Well, WHAT IF you accidently duplicate a thread or decide your thread is useless or you just want to delete it?

The Helper said:
Yeah, allowing users to delete their own threads was a bug in the forum conversion. If you want to delete a post just go in and edit it blank.

Wait, your saying it was a bug in the old version to allow users to delete their threads? What if a user makes a thread then later comes back and thinks about it and decides the thread was useless or just doesn't want it?

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
What if a user makes a thread then later comes back and thinks about it and decides the thread was useless or just doesn't want it?
Notify a mod/admin. That's what we're here for.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
1.) May I suggest adding a feature close to that of www.wc3campaigns.com? A feature that allows users to change the tile below their names to that of something else when they get a certain amount of reputation points?

I vote against. First, we'd have to regulate the titles. I'm sure some will be innapropriate language, implications, or flase impersonations like 'mod' and 'admin. Secondly, campgains uses gold from post counts, not reputation.

Third, your titles already change as your post count goes up.
XXconanXXX said:
2.) It won't let you delete certain posts like posts that begin a thread. This can be very annoying when you've made a threqd you do not like but you cannot delete it.
We like to use previous threads as incriminating evidence or for examples, which would be difficult if threads got deleted. (LOL) Since you used campaigns as an example before, I shall note campaigns does not allow the deletion of ANY post or thread.

Secondly, when you delete a thread, you delete ALL the posts inside that are NOT yours, and not within your rights to delete.
XXconanXXX said:
3.) This might be a bug or intentional, but when you change the title of threads the thread title doesn't change, only the title in the post does.
This has always been like that.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
Since you used campaigns as an example before, I shall note campaigns does not allow the deletion of ANY post or thread.

It's the same here too. You cannot delete any thread or post.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Thread abuse is bad, but deleting single posts doesn't seem to be abused. I don't see how deleting one's post, not the thredad starter, can be abused.

I can see what your saying Ryoko, as that can be very bad when someone decides they don't like a thread they started and it contains alot of posts which are not theirs. What I mean is posts that are not thread starters should be allowed to be deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.