TLO, Dimaga and co

s3rius

Linux is only free if your time is worthless.
Reaction score
Because Vestras doesn't want to get his thread hijacked :)

Yeah sadly TLO is out of shape since.... well since he transitioned into zerg, ever since then it is his amazing unit control that wins him battles... he is no longer the crazy player he was in the early days... really, really, really sad.

I dislike the fact that players like Madfrog and Demuslim (note I am a big fan of both of them) can be absent from the game for months and when they are back they still have their same skill level and all, but TLO who plays constantly is strugguling. Don't get me wrong, TLO is top 50 in europe, that is no small feat although...

1 IN season 2 a lot of notable players didn't make it in top 200
2 TLO will always be good, he is in liquid after all, my point is that he isn'twhat he used to be, at one point he managed to beat whiteRa in the battle for the euro throne.
3 I think that this struggling is due to his constant race swapping.

Edit: Idra is a joke as far as professional players go. He is spoiled, arrogant, BM, don't get me wrong, I am quite BM at times too, but when you represent the face of an E-sport as big as SCII you CAN"T act like a girl. That is one of the main reasons why I have NO respect for him and people who I don't respect I diss. He has no place beside the real SCII players...

Is Idra good? Unquestionably.
Is he a Professional? Hell no. Professionals have standards.
Be polite. Be efficient. And kill everyone you meet... *snoipah face*

I think part of why TLO is so bad is that his mechanics and strategy isn't really en par. He trying to figure things out by himself and that turns out bad more often than not. While others polish their macro he's trying to battlecruiser rush somebody :x
But I believe in him! TLO FIGHTING!

I didn't even know Madfrog switched to Sc2 :)

PS: Anyone heard? WhiteRa's Jtv account (and more) got haxx0red and they showed NSFW stuff around the clock, as far as I heard.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I have been following TLO's stream quite closely.

He makes a semi all-in almost every game. He adds 8-16 scv's to his attack to destroy his opponent. It takes a lot more skill to defend than to execute, basically the reasults have been the following:

He kills his opponent.
He doesn't kill his opponent but kills an expo/alot of workers
His attack gets totally deflected by a quick aoe tech but thanks to mules he isn't behind at all.

There are almost no down sides to this build, exept if you loose your army and scv's you are vunerable but few builds can stop this.

I think that TLO was soo strong before because people were still figuring out the builds. Nowadays it is hard to win by doing wierd shit.

The little one is dead, his creativity died after the beta.

TLO is a very good player who goes semi all in and has an amazing unit control.

Pretty much all I have to say.

PS: Sucks that whiteRa got hacked, hope this doesn't make him stop streaming.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I first have to disagree with you all. As someone stated in the other thread, he is a professional since he can live on his profession(gaming).

I also think that the general opinion about him is wrong. Although the general opinion is: "He is spoiled, arrogant, BM, acts like a girl"(Complaining about him acting like a girl is discriminating but I get your point), I still think it's wrong.

So what is that people complain about? Well, sometimes he doesn't gg when he leaves the game. He's started to gg more often but I still think it isn't such a big deal. It's not a ragequit.

If you lose a game when there's a lot of money on the line, of course you will be frustrated. And if your opinion is that it happened because the races are imbalanced you'll be pissed of course.

Idra has never been afraid to say what he thinks and I think that's a good thing.

There are some occasions like: "apologize for playing that race" and "it's incredible how much better than you I have to be to win" and "I wouldn't play terran because I got self-respect" but I personally don't have any problems with that, I've done worse BM then that and I think you have to Bloodcount.

In his interviews, he's pretty calm and seems like a decent guy. He's also a good caster and he does stay neutral(and his knowledge about the game is insane) although he doesn't have synergy with Gretorp.

When it comes to TLO, I was and will probably always be a fan of him. I don't like his play lately though and I wish he would play Zerg since I think that would be more interesting.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am just a player. I am not claiming that I am one of the few good players in the world (is what idra claimed in an interview)

If he is still a pro gamer in 10 years time he might be a good pro. At the moment he still hasn't gotten out of puberty it seems as his emotions take control over him more often than you think. Take tsl for example, do you know how much he smacktalked cruncher between the games ?

Also if everyone else can type "gg" in tournaments he can too.

Idra sets the expectations for him too high. I just LoL at his arrogance when he fails and rofl in the way he tackles defeat. There is no shame in defeat.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
I am just a player. I am not claiming that I am one of the few good players in the world (is what idra claimed in an interview)

If he is still a pro gamer in 10 years time he might be a good pro. At the moment he still hasn't gotten out of puberty it seems as his emotions take control over him more often than you think. Take tsl for example, do you know how much he smacktalked cruncher between the games ?

Also if everyone else can type "gg" in tournaments he can too.

Idra sets the expectations for him too high. I just LoL at his arrogance when he fails and rofl in the way he tackles defeat. There is no shame in defeat.

You talk like you know him personally. Also, the whole Cruncher situation isn't as one-sided as you make it out to be. Also, Cruncher is terrible.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
No I don't talk if I know him personally.

See what I did here? Exactly what you did- just a statement without anything to back it up with ;]

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
No I don't talk if I know him personally.

See what I did here? Exactly what you did- just a statement without anything to back it up with ;]

My statement was subjective. Just like your statement about him being BM and/or arrogant.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Not on the slightest.I gave examples. If you want more just google Idra + BM. ;]

s3rius

Reaction score
Idra is hot-blooded to an extend it actually makes him throw games away. Not very professional.

Btw, I found out that protoss units cost no money:
proof

PS - just watched demuslim's stream. Fun moment with him going "Oh my Gawd he has battlecruisers!" in this funny dutch accent. :D

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
You talk like you know him personally. Also, the whole Cruncher situation isn't as one-sided as you make it out to be. Also, Cruncher is terrible.

Cruncher also BMed. We all remember the ":)" in the last game and he admitted to doing it between the games as well in an interview. Also, Cruncher is a bad player compared to Idra.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Not really. When they both faced off, idra won only with the semi all in drop strat. Cruncher won with macro AND all in :]

"Every decent zerg all in is mid game on 2-3 base" TLO.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Not really. When they both faced off, idra won only with the semi all in drop strat. Cruncher won with macro AND all in :]

"Every decent zerg all in is mid game on 2-3 base" TLO.

Yes, really. Cruncher turtles, stays in his base, maxes out, 1a's. A good player will never do that. Either that, or he cheeses.
Second, at the time that game was played, the Infestor buff had not yet come out, so ZvP was back then a broken matchup. I don't know if it is now, but it definitely was back then.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Rofl diamond league player talking about balance. Why don't you grind to grandmasters, top 50 and THEN start discussing the balance and skills(in the race mach ups that is) ;] I know you want to be like idra, but people put up with him because he is in EG, you aren't so either come up with some valid arguments or step down.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Rofl diamond league player talking about balance. Why don't you grind to grandmasters, top 50 and THEN start discussing the balance and skills(in the race mach ups that is) ;] I know you want to be like idra, but people put up with him because he is in EG, you aren't so either come up with some valid arguments or step down.

I practice (exchange knowledge, talk about the game, play games, spectate games, etc.) with players from the danish national team, one of them who for example recently took on MC in the Copenhagen Games.
I am not saying I know everything about the balance of the game, but I have a fair understanding of how everything works, and it should be obvious to everyone that back then the ZvP matchup was not balanced in the slightest.

Also, if you could please cut the flaming that would be nice.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
That is not flaming. Well, atleast that is not how I flame. Also discussing and talking doesn't mean you understand the game, but if you want to compare okay.

I know the entire bulgarian national team in real life. I know the entire DooM team in real life. I know the bulgarian members of TMCI in real life.

In season one while I was still playing activly from "Bloodcount" I talked quite often to WhiteRa and Dimaga, DarkForce too sometimes.

Using the achivements of the people you talked too doesn't really make you a good player.

I didn;'t hear any of them to cry about imbalances. Seems just lower tier players have problems with it : )

EDIT: if you know who Sheth is, he didn't say a word about imbalance when he was asked multiple times on his stream.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
well, what was imbalanced in the match up ? the uber strong hydra busts (you have heard about this sort of builds right ?) the 6 pool that you never have a zealot ready in time or the fact that without forcefields you loose ALL tier 1 battles :]

I suppose you are gonna say collosi. Let's see.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
well, what was imbalanced in the match up ? the uber strong hydra busts (you have heard about this sort of builds right ?) the 6 pool that you never have a zealot ready in time or the fact that without forcefields you loose ALL tier 1 battles :]

I suppose you are gonna say collosi. Let's see.

I am gonna say pretty much all Protoss units had way too much DPS compared to Zerg units. 6 pool and hydra busts (most of them) have nothing to do with midgame battles.

s3rius

Reaction score

Ah, let's not pull the rank card.
Last time I heard you weren't Top 50 Grandmaster either, so your opinion is just as invalid.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.