Touch button volume toggle

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I recently received a new laptop the other day, a dell studio xps 16. Anyway, I've noticed that when i press the touch buttons to increase or decrease volume, this annoying grey image comes up, showing me what the volume is at; which is just stupid. I'm certain that deleting a certain file, if it isn't just configurable, will get rid of this. Does anyone know how a way to take care of this, if you've dealt with a similar issue?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'd try removing any Dell software from the Add/Remove Programs area. The button's functions should stay in tact as long as the drivers are there.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I took a screen shot of the dell programs, is there any obvious one?
dellh.jpg

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
On my Toshiba laptop, I need a special program in order for my touch media buttons to work. Have you searched their forums for similar issues?

Be wary that the buttons might increase or decrease only by 1 unit per touch (that's how it is at mine) so you might not see any difference if you don't press repeatedly.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It might actually be the one you have selected. Haha, don't really see the others being it and it might be built into the stardock.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
I went to stardock in program files and ran the application I, and it's actually just a top toolbar with shortcuts to music and things like that. I still removed i because I disliked that anyway, though there seems to be no change with my original problem. :p
It's been solved. I disabled an application that started when I logged on, so it's good now.
Thanks for the replies.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.