Tower Defense Problem - Returning mobs

Graskian

Reaction score
Hey everybody

I got this annoying problem, which I hope someone can help me with. I have begun to make my own TD, but the problem is: the creeps return to their spawn point, when they are attacked by towers.

Earlier on, they often did at a certain point, but I fixed that by changing the Guard Distance.

But this other thing, I haven't been able to troubleshoot on my own.

So what do you suggest?

Thanks
Graskian

eXirrah

Reaction score
I'm shooting in the dark here:

There is a flag on each unit I think it was Stats - Can Flee and it can be true or
false ... is it set to false for the creeps?
If not set it to false and try again.

Can this be a trigger related problem ?

Graskian

Reaction score
Yes, eXirrah, I have tried that of course ;), but that doesn't seem to have an effect wether it's true or false..

Trigger-related perhaps..

I will take some printscreens and then let you know.

Thank you
Graskian

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everybody

I got this annoying problem, which I hope someone can help me with. I have begun to make my own TD, but the problem is: the creeps return to their spawn point, when they are attacked by towers.

Earlier on, they often did at a certain point, but I fixed that by changing the Guard Distance.

But this other thing, I haven't been able to troubleshoot on my own.

So what do you suggest?

Thanks
Graskian

its because you either use a computer player with enabled slot for the creeps or you use a neutral owner. in both cases the creeps will belong to a hardcoded standard AI. this AI will order its units back to their guarding positions, the guarding position of a unit is by default the position of its creation.
you can disable this process with 2 methods.
either you change the owner of your creeps to be a player which slot is deactivated (isnt listed as a player slot) or you use the following GUI action for every creep you create:
Trigger:
  • AI - Ignore Units Guard Position

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
If the units are based on a peasant of any kind, at the bottom, theres a spot, it says Unit Type or something, and if worker is checked, then it will flee when attacked

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Wrong, if the units are based on a peasant of any kind, at the bottom, theres a spot, it says Unit Type or something, and if worker is checked, then it will flee when attacked
no it wont. it will only flee if the boolean "Can flee" is set to true. and for this boolean it doesnt matter whether the unit is a worker or not. the only difference the worker classification does is to disable the auto attacking of units in aquisation range.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Acc, I deleted the wrong part, btw, I felt that was unneeded, and really? That's how I fixed it with my map, w/e, You were right as usual :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.