Trading In-Game Gold for Game Time - Some Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluffball

Reaction score
I was wondering one day how I could pay for WoW, long term, and then a friend said "Why don't you trade in-game gold for a game card?"
As I am a fairly high level (Level 76) I think I could easily do it, given that the rate is not way too much.

1.) Is it Legal?
2.) Does Blizzard care? (The people giving the game cards have to pay for them at some point, right?)
3.) Will they ban you for doing it?
4.) If so, whats the exchange rate (how many gold for one game card?)
5.) What websites can I exchange on?
6.) Is it reliable? (Will people ever screw you out of your gold?)

Just some questions, hope they are answerable. (As an adolescent I find it hard to get the money to pay for it)

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Blizzard owns the gold along with everything else in the game. It is illegal afaik.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
15$ a month, do something with your life and you can pay for it.

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
1.) Is it Legal?
2.) Does Blizzard care? (The people giving the game cards have to pay for them at some point, right?)
3.) Will they ban you for doing it?
4.) If so, whats the exchange rate (how many gold for one game card?)
5.) What websites can I exchange on?
6.) Is it reliable? (Will people ever screw you out of your gold?)

1) No, it's against their Terms.

2) Yes and No. They don't care deep down cause they are still getting paid, but they want to continue trying to have a "fair" game. But with every micro economy, there will always be a black market, some game producers tried to embraced them, and it worked (for the most part) others, including Blizzard, doesn't want to deal with the legal portion, so they just ban it.

3) Yes, depending on your frequency of use, and how you handle their approach (which does absolutely crap, but its always good to be nice), and depending on the mood of the GM. You'll either get a 72 hour suspension or banned completely.

4) Depending on your server and who you trade with. Some servers you can get $5/1000g and others its $10/1000g

5) Ever heard of google?

6) No, you WILL get screwed over eventually. You can;t do anything about it, because what your doing is already illegal. It's like going to the cops cause someone stole your beer and your 17 years old.

Fluffball

Reaction score
Thank you very much with your detailed answers.
What other ways can I generate some money for WoW?

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Get a part-time job (or full-time, if you don't have any other commitments like full-time education, etc). Surely you could find some odd jobs to do that'd make the money, can't be insanely hard to make up the $18 or so dollars a month you need (not sure if that value is correct, I'm just basing it on a rough conversion of the €13 or €14 that I pay)

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
Thank you very much with your detailed answers.
What other ways can I generate some money for WoW?

No, it's illegal and it is against both Blizzard's Terms and TheHelper.net's Terms (talking about it).

So I recommend not pursuing this any farther unless you're Asian and want to work for a Chinese Gold Farmer or you don't mind getting your account banned, it will happen; Blizzard loves going on banning sprees.

Please keep in mind when posting in the World of Warcraft zone, that TheHelper.net does not support:

* Private Servers
* Buying/Selling of Gold/Items
* Hacks/Bots
* Any other program or tool that gives you an unfair advantage.

These things are against Blizzards ToS, and are not allowed for discussion here. If you post things related to these topics, your thread will be deleted, and further actions may be taken.
Thank you.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Please read the rules next time

Please keep in mind when posting in the World of Warcraft zone, that TheHelper.net does not support:

• Private Servers
  • Buying/Selling of Gold/Items
  • Hacks/Bots
  • Any other program or tool that gives you an unfair advantage.

These things are against Blizzards ToS, and are not allowed for discussion here. If you post things related to these topics, your thread will be deleted, and further actions may be taken.
Thank you.

Thread Closed...
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif
lock.gif

Have a nice day (and enjoy the dancing locks :D)
Miz

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.