Training Queue Icon bug

Kildare

Reaction score
I have this weird bug here: Whenever i queue units for training in a structure, the icons that appear in the queue slots are different from what its supposed to be(Example: I keep getting "Cancel" button icons for one of my units). Does anyone know what data in the editor affects what icons appear in the queue slot?

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
In the Data editor
- Under Buttons:
For a Marine, there's a button called Train Marine.

- Under Units:
Check out the Barrack's command card. If you highlight the marine in it's command card, look down, and you'll see training a Marine uses the button Train Marine. Double click it to change it to something else.

Kildare

Reaction score
That's the same thing as making a normal button. Of course i know that. The thing is despite everything being in order, the queue icons don't appear as they should be.

On second check, I realized that only the FIRST unit in the train list is affected by this bug. Weird.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
That's the same thing as making a normal button. Of course i know that. The thing is despite everything being in order, the queue icons don't appear as they should be.

On second check, I realized that only the FIRST unit in the train list is affected by this bug. Weird.

have you tried remaking the unit and the button?

Kildare

Reaction score
The thing with that is that it's not the only occurence. ALL of my CUSTOM train abilities have this problem.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Hmmm... I went ahead and put together a map to see if I would encounter the bug myself.

Data Editor additions:

Units: CustomBarrack, CustomMarine
Actors: CustomBarrack, CustomMarine
Butttons: CustomTrainMarine
Abilities: CustomBarrackTrain

I just made the bare minimum to see if the button would show. It did, so I don't know what the bug might be. All I can think of is maybe the wrong button is used in the ability - Info + field for your train ability.

Hope you figure it out. I attached the map in case you want to look at it.

Attachments

• TrainTest01.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 193

Kildare

Reaction score
Thanks. I think if i have time i'll just remake all of them in one go. ><

EDIT: ok i think i just fixed it. I just need to leave the first slot in the Train ability blank. xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.