Tree classification to a unit?

captainrads

Reaction score
I've got a system set up where a worker can build a trap that is classified as "walkable" and "tree". I did this so that normal units wouldn't be able to attack the trap, only siege units that can attack trees can attack the traps. The problem is, siege units can't inflict damage to the traps for some reason. If I add "structure" to the classification, all units can damage the traps. I've been working on this for over an hour now, and I'm quite stuck on it. Help would be greatly appreciated. EDIT: My siege units are still able to attack trees.

ZugZugZealot

Reaction score
If it's stationary, one thing you could do is spawn a model-less destructible/tree underneath the unit, and when the destrutible/tree dies the unit dies and vice versa.

captainrads

Reaction score
If it's stationary, one thing you could do is spawn a model-less destructible/tree underneath the unit, and when the destrutible/tree dies the unit dies and vice versa.
Hmm...that might work, providing there's no other way for the trap itself to get working the way I want it to. The only problem is that there would be no gauge on the amount of hitpoints the trap currently has unless I added another trigger. This is all possible, but I'd like to avoid the complexity if I can. Nonetheless, thank you for your help, +rep.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.