Tree of Life upgrade ability, the animation

stue

Reaction score
Hey guys, first a thanks to all who post here (my thread and site at large)

Anyhow, I have a unit I would like to add the "Tree of Life upgrade ability" model to as a looks spell. I have made many of these before, but the "Tree of Life upgrade ability" model does not work. So when I checked the Tree of Life to see how it does it, it has the ability "Tree of Life upgrade ability". Now I cannot find this ability in the editor.

So what is going on? More importanly how can I use the model. I believe it has to do with the "Birth Upgrade First" and "Birth Upgrade Second" animation names. But can I attach this to a unit to add the butterfly effects to it?

joaoac

Reaction score
Think I couldnt figure what you re saying, but, if helps, the Tree of Life Upgrade Ability makes your unit invisible.

stue

Reaction score
Invisible? I am saying there is a model called "Tree of Life upgrade ability".

I want to attach this model to a unit. I know how to do this with other models (that usually have a Stand animation)

So my question is how do i get this model attached to a unit? (it has two different variations, I would like to know how to use both)

joaoac

Reaction score
You can't.

When you choose this model, your unit disappear. But still can be selected by drag mode (Can´t select by clicking). Only the shadow fo the unit appears.

Tree of life upgrade ability and Locust are the basic ways to make a dummy unit.
One make it invisible and the other turns it unselectable/untargetable.

:thup:

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Tree of Life Upgrade Ability is not a model, it is an ability.

stue

Reaction score
Perhaps I still have not stated my problem correctly.

Say I want my heros sword to glow. I can attach the model Coutl missile to it.(winged serpent missile)

There IS a model "Tree of Life upgrade Ability <target>

It is under Ability models. This model has 2 animations i am interested in.

"Stand Upgrade First" and "Stand upgrade Second". These add the butterfly effects to the Tree of Ages and Tree of Eternity.

Now I want to attach these butterfly effects to a unit. How?

131ackout

well, theres might be a model for the butterfly

make it as a import, then make triggers for it.

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
None of you get it correctly.. He wants to know how to make a units sword have the flame from the tree of ages's hands. Ok well just make an ability, from the +1 item bonus armor ability and take away the 1 armor in the Data - Defence Bonus part not the editor stuffex, then add in the target attachment put that to 1 and then in the Targets put the model you want, then add Target Attachment Points and put "weapon" without the quotes. (the weapon only works if the sword is in the right hand if not use "left" and "hand" without quotes. hope this helps ^_^

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
To get the butterfly effect to work, you need to use the model that you said
Tree of Life upgrade Ability <target>.
Then you will need to go to:
Art - Required Animation Names
and add "Upgrade"
And "First" For the green thing or "Second" for the butterflies
It will look like this in the object editor when using the butterflies:
Art - Required Animation Names: Upgrade, Second

stue

Reaction score
Thanks guys! actually fire-wolf that is the part I knew how to do!

However Samael88, gave me what i needed. I was trying to write all of it in one string so that it read "Birth Upgrade first"

not "upgrade, first"

Thanks... I will test this!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.