Trigger Help/Ideas

mordocai

Reaction score
Hey guys, right now im making spell that makes it so that it creates a giant mass of waves, that the user travels in. I thought about using a dummy stampede spell but unfortunatly that spell doesnt work as it needs to be one huge wave. Like 500-800units in length and about 200-300 in height. Its kind of like a giant wave crashing down on shores. Now i have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA on how to make this

Icedddragon

Reaction score
Big line of dummys casting crashing wave?
then just set height movement etc on your user to travel along side with it?

mordocai

Reaction score
yes but could you demonstrate in triggor format? as i posted i have no idea how to make as for the past week i have had "triggering block" which is similar to writers block but with triggers

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Why not just make one gigantic dummy with crushing wave model and periodically move it and the surrounding units (or just the user, whatever)?

mordocai

Reaction score
that would work alot better. I have a trigger like that but its small scale and the caster doesnt move with it. Anyone mind helping me edit it?

mordocai

Reaction score
how about a link to the spell? itll be once i find it
EDIT: here is the link to the spells. The spell that is olmost like what i want is the "Tsounami: a crushing wave that knocks b and deals dmg." Spell. All that needs to be edited is bigger model/make caster teleport WITH/ONTOP of it(like hes surfing the wave)

bOb666777

Reaction score
Oh, you didn't make it?
Well I guess it works...

mordocai

Reaction score
yeh i thought that since theres already one made itd be easier for me to edit that, as i am still a noob and still learning how to do sliding units only.
EDIT:also if its easier to just make it in jass/vjass feel free xD

bOb666777

Reaction score
Okay, so you want the caster to be pushed by the wave or just the enemies or what...
Explain please.

mordocai

Reaction score
ok im awake now. What i want is in addition to everything that spell has, make the caster "surf"(aka his heigh rises a bit, then slides along with th wave) the big wave, while the wave ALSO pushes back enemy units. I suppose it can be a fancy waveform? but it knockbacks the enemy units.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.