Reaction score
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set p[2] = (Random point in region[1])
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 1 (Red) at p[2] facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in region[1]) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Variables:
p[array] - point
region[array] - region

The basic idea of this thing is to create a lightning bolt every second from a random point. The region is 300,300. But the problem is, it only orders the first 2,3 dummies to cast the ligghtning bolt, after that they just come and go. I modified the casting range of the lightning to 99999 and it still doesnt work!

[Edit] My practice area is only enemies, so there shouldnt be a problem for picking allied units

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Try instead to use a pre-placed dummy unit (somewhere on the map, where it can be seen. If it's a large map, then place it somewhere in the middle.), and order it to cast the spell on a random unit every once in a while.
Also, add this, infront of your 'Unit Group' function:

Code:
Custom script:   set bj_wantDestroyGroup=true

San-D

Reaction score
Yeah, thanks for the leak help, but ur suggestion is not what I wanted, The Idea of this spell is to crate a sort of a "DOME of DOOM" where the roof shoots lightning, and it kills every enemy inside. I made my dome, and the tricky part is the roof thing, i want to create dummies in random points that shoot lightning at enemies from INSIDE the dome!

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Try this, then:

Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set loc = (Random point in (Playable map area))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 512.00 of loc matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Footman)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at loc facing 270.00 degrees
                Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_loc)

Change Footman into your Dummy Unit.
-Also make sure that the chain lightning spell you have has a very short cooldown, and costs very little (or no) mana, and that the dummy unit actually has the spell in his abilities. -Else add it via trigger.

Kenoriga

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you notice, you have only 1 dummy doing the job. It is not able to cast the spells on every picked unit simultaneously. :)

San-D

Reaction score
About the suggested trigger. Its supposed to create dummies in random locations, casting lightning on random targets within a region. Yuor suggestion issues order on a random dummy, but on all the targets (which is imposible)

San-D

Reaction score
I just thought of a different way. Instead of creating and destroying dummies - I just need one which to move instantly to a random point, set cooldown to 0.01 and order it to strike a random opponent! :p
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set loc = (Random point in Region 000 <gen>)
        Unit - Move Wisp 0017 <gen> instantly to loc
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units in Region 000 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ||||||||||||| above (Picked unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Unit - Order Wisp 0017 <gen> to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning (Picked unit)

1 The floating text is to see if it realy can pick such a unit... and it cant.

The line:
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 1 units from (Units in Region 000 <gen> matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of Player 1 (Red)) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
is the problem

It cant pick such a unit!

San-D

Reaction score
Oh yeah! Does anyone know a spell that fits all these conditions:
1. Channeling spell
2. It's a spell where u choose a point and it works in AoE around that point
3. Removeable animation

Basicly I want a spell like Flame Strike or Volcano or Monsoon.

I tried Flame strike - i got rid of the flame pillars, the black thingies on the ground, but there are small smudges of fire on the ground

Monsoon - Can even get rid of anything - not the lightning bolts, nor the rain.

Volacno - too troublesome

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
1. Channeling spell
2. It's a spell where u choose a point and it works in AoE around that point
3. Removeable animation

Blizzard, Rain of Fire ...

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>Both Blizzard and Rain of Fire are target image, not target point
QTF, what?

Target image is Berserk, Roar, Taunt...
Edit: Haha, knew it!
1-0!
And I do not need your definition of what Berserk, Roar and Taunt are...

Zakyath

Reaction score
Berserk, Roar, Taunt is Instant cast, they're "no target"-spells.

Just figured he might want the circle anyway, since the spells he told us about had circles, my bad :p

San-D

Reaction score
Blizzard is good!

As for my "Circles" - The spell Im using this for is called Eldrich Storm (Those who play Dawno Of War know exactly what I mean)
The spell crates a Dome in an 450 area around a target point and stars frying enemies inside. The circle is to show the player where is the dome border, channeling is for the caster to not move, animation is for that that I dont need any of WC's animations

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.