Trigger that replace command card button

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i have done a map where you have a main hero character that has to accomplish some objectives. The first one is to destroy some structures in an hostile region an i want to make this part of the map like a 3rd person shooter. No problems with wasd movement or targheting system but i have some problems in casting abilities.

The character is a kind of spectre that has to cast nukes and the aoe stun ability. Now if the UI is on no problem: i use the hotkey and i will use the ability normally (except that the visual is in 3rd person) but if i want to hide the UI there is no way that i can cast abilities becouse the hotkeys didn work. I tried to make some triggers to cast them and the cloack/decloack works fine but the nuke an the stun dont work becouse they are abilities that require a targhet point and the trigger is like "Order spectre to cast nuke in point A".

How can i order my unit to prepare to launch an ability via trigger? I want to simulate the click on the button in the command card (i have to select the point of impact with the big red crosshair) not give a complete order.

Tnx

PS if i wasn't able to explain the problem clearly feel free to make as many question as you need.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It could be the answer, i might make a little command card in the bottom center zone of the screen, but i want to change between the 2 layouts (normal and modifyed) becouse only a little part of the map is like 3rdPS, the rest is a normal map with default UI.

It's possible?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I think you might struggle to swap between the two.

What you might be able to do is use an inventory to have a separate command card. You could then just remove the inventory from the unit when the player is not in 3rdPS mode. I haven't actually tried this but I'm fairly certain it is possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.