I tried to trigger damage to Storm Bolt. I got this:
Trigger:
  • Storm Bolt Triggered Copy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt d00d
    • Actions
      • Wait until (((Target unit of ability being cast) has buff Stunned (Pause)) Equal to True), checking every 0.10 seconds
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (500.00 x (Real((Level of Storm Bolt d00d for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
And it didn't work. Then I made this:
Trigger:
  • Storm Bolt Triggered
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Damage becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (GDD_DamagedUnit has buff Stunned (Pause)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit, dealing (500.00 x (Real((Level of Storm Bolt d00d for GDD_DamageSource)))) damage of attack type Hero and damage type Normal
        • Else - Actions
And it didn't work. It either doesn't damage the target at all or damages it as soon as the projectile is spawned. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Ashlebede

Reaction score
First of all, why trigger it if you can just make a storm bolt in the Object Editor ? It's not like it was a complex spell.

And did you make your own buff for the Storm Bolt, too? Just in case the unit has been stunned by another source... not very probable, yet possible.

And I don't think the (Target unit of ability being cast) can be "carried" that far in the trigger ; GUI often creates JASS functions where you don't need them. Anyways, you'd need a variable to store that unit. (Sacrifice you MUI !)

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
>>First of all, why trigger it if you can just make a storm bolt in the Object Editor ? It's not like it was a complex spell.

to everyone which use DDS you NEED to trigger every damage, every spell and every thing... any damage which you don't trigger = attack damage

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
>Game - GDD_Damage becomes Equal to 0.00
GDD_Event

use external source for stun/projectile, eg dummy rather than a buff that you are not removing.

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
I am sorry to ask, but what's the point of triggering default spells?

>>First of all, why trigger it if you can just make a storm bolt in the Object Editor ? It's not like it was a complex spell.

to everyone which use DDS you NEED to trigger every damage, every spell and every thing... any damage which you don't trigger = attack damage

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Also, if you want to distinguish between spell damage and regular damage, say for spell resistances, or blocking spell damage, you need a DDS system and trigger all of your damage spells, because you can't recognize "damage type" in GUI.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
I do have a DDS. The purpose of triggering spell damage is clear to me, but I haven't got a clear answer: why don't those triggers work and how do I get them to work?

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Also, in your GDD trigger, make sure you turn it off and then back on again, otherwise it will cause an infinite loop and crash the game.

Tawnttoo

Reaction score
It was the thing that hgkjfhfdsj pointed out. It's my first time using GDD so its a noob error. Thanks for tommerbob for pointing out the crash.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.